Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Syhfdsjjljtdvbnfsstyhhh

YES

I honestly believed they'd pull a BW3 on us but this is glorious.

Those starters look fantastic, best designs since Gen 2 for me, they have so much personality! And holy crap box legendaries that aren't dragons!?

HYPE TRAAAAAAAAAIN

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh wait, that web puzzle makes me think we can walk diagonally. I'm satisfied, then. tongue.png

You think? I still think it seems like we can only walk 4 directions.....

That and the DS Final Fantasy-level graphics are my only disappointments, the new Pokémon look brilliant.

Hm, the general look of it looks pretty...ok to me. If anything it looks like a small step up from previous gens but that's alright with me though, even if it doesn't really blow my socks off visually. Looks like I called the cell-shaded look as well, that's pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing more. Don't have much of anything to say about the starter designs, to me they're sorta on the level of Gen 4's, but maybe they'll grow on me.

Edited by Inferno

Wow, that actually looks really nice. I didn't expect that at all.

Was wondering if it was going to play it safe again and make me disappointed. Excited now!

Also, what's this!?

BAFWnEUCAAAHLZ3.jpg

BAFWuAVCIAE54iq.jpg

Yeah, I noticed they both look like the letter Y, unless the deer one spreads its legs lol! Also, deer legendary is clearly a Red, Blue and Yellow fan. 

Well so much for Gen3 remakes. So Gen6 of Pokemon is a go already? Man, it feels like it's been such a short time since Gen5 began back in 2010. How time flies nowadays, I remeber when waiting between gens felt like an eternity, gen3 felt long, gen4 felt longer, gen5 felt very short lived but maybe that's because I wasn't very involved with it like I was with the past 4 gens(I haven't even watched a single episode of this Gen's anime). I played the shit out of RSE/FrLG and DPP/HsSs but I did a single playthrough of Black version(or White, I can't even remeber) which only took about 4 days plus the extremely disappointing postgame and then I traded it in (for Sonic Generations, no less) and never really though back on it at all aside from the music. I never even felt tempted to buy BW2 and probably won't unless I can find it cheap somewhere. But still this Gen5 felt so shortlived.

Now for the Gen6 games PokemonX/Y, I think it's awesome that they're finally doing a 3D engine, although it appears to be cosmetic only if it'll still only use 4 direction movement but I'm not complaining. There's no way that fire fox starter can evolve into a part fighting type I don't think, and that frog looks better than Oshawott IMO, Grass starter still got nothing on Snivy and Treecko though. Also, gotta wonder what they new criminal team will be. We've had the mafia, enviromental terrorists, astronauts and PETA, what's next? Seeing how you will not be confined to Gen6 pokemon exclusively is a good thing for me. My hype levels aren't skyrocketing yet, still my reaction is summed up quite nicely in my signature. I have high hopes for this gen6. Hopefully it won't be as big a disappointment as Gen5 was.

Edited by Prince Solaris

I agree with the graphics complaint.

Seems to be one gen backwards in that department. DS doing GBA graphics with the 3DS looking like DS games.

I'm hoping for the storyline to go into Pokémon genetics. With titles like X and Y, that's the only way to go!If they make sequels, they can call them XX and XY!
Damn you, now I have the idea of a game titled Pokemon XXX.

Also I just noticed that Chespins the first grass starter that's not a reptile.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Eh, I'll let it slide considering the amount of characters they have to 3D model. Looks like there will be a good number of previous generation Pokemon to catch in the wild too.

Yeah, I noticed they both look like the letter Y, unless the deer one spreads its legs lol! Also, deer legendary is clearly a Red, Blue and Yellow fan. 

According to the logo, the stag is indeed X.  I kinda wouldn't put it past them to be Dragon-type again, though - it's not like that made much sense for a lot of other legendaries.  The stag looks potentially Steel-type... the bird is obviously part-Flying but if it's a Dragon-type then it might do without.  Hmm.  Tough to call.

I also think it's too early to call whether movement is still only four-directional.  There's only one shot which really implied that and the player could just've been using the D-pad.  Although that said I'd have thought, if they had omnidirectional movement, they'd have shown it off...

I also think it's too early to call whether movement is still only four-directional.  There's only one shot which really implied that and the player could just've been using the D-pad.  Although that said I'd have thought, if they had omnidirectional movement, they'd have shown it off...

Hey, for all you know, it might be like Xenogears--a fully rotatable, 360 degree camera with four directional movement.

While I can forgive the graphics since it looks stylized enough to be negligible, I'll be disappointed if the game doesn't run 60 FPS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, ironically the Pokémon battle models actually look pretty great and it's the overworld and characters that look meh.

It think this game started out as a DS game and moved on to the 3DS later in development. They must've focused on polishing the visuals on the battles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pokemon character models look pretty good, about time they started catching up to PS2-gen assets. Overworld looks still PS1ish, grid based is lol and that framerate needs a major bump.

I see they've run out of colors already for the naming conventions and are directly ripping off Miyazaki for that legendary design. Well, it's an improvement. Plenty of the new designs as of late looked like they could've used some less chromosomes, euheuheu.

Simultaneous release for a nentendo pokeymans means they're desperate to sell 3DSs in the west. This would've been Fall 2014 at the earliest otherwise, lol.

Maybe this time battles will flow faster and there will be enough engaging differences from the tired usual formula to get me back into playing those. Frog is the best starter, firefox looks too cliche and whatever the green one happens to be is dull. Bet rule 34 is already in effect.

Also, what's this!?

BAFWnEUCAAAHLZ3.jpg

Groudon and Lugia's love child?

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter

It think this game started out as a DS game and moved on to the 3DS later in development. They must've focused on polishing the visuals on the battles.

That seems like a good guess, GF are very late with their 3DS entry and it seems obvious that Nintendo wanted them to put out a 3DS gen ASAP.

An hour in and we're already posting conspiracy theories as to what made these games come about? A 3DS game was going to happen eventually :P