Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Wait, reanimated pilot episode?

I demand to know your secrets!

I'm pretty sure he is talking about Dragon Ball Z Kai, there's no such thing as a reanimated Pokémon episode that I'm aware of.

Edited by Tmsp

I swear, when the sixth generation is announced, whenever that will be, if it's tomorrow or longer down the road I don't really care at this point, the fire starter better not be part fighting again.

• Thumbs Up 3

Pokemon Direct tomorrow at 11am UK time

Looks like it will be pretty big news!

Now watch it be something shitty

It can't be as bad as news for the Blue Blur)) Like an announcement of an announcement of a palm tree xD.

I personally hope it's one of these

- a new eevee evo

- Ruby/Saphire remakes

- Gen VI (I can't wait for this since I don't really like Gen V all that much)

It can't be as bad as news for the Blue Blur)) Like an announcement of an announcement of a palm tree xD.

I personally hope it's one of these

- a new eevee evo

- Ruby/Saphire remakes

- Gen VI (I can't wait for this since I don't really like Gen V all that much)

Would a new Eevee evolution really warrant a global announcement like this though?

Methinks it's either a Stadium-esque Wii U game for B&W1/2, Ruby/Sapphire remakes for DS, or a brand new 3DS game (be it sixth generation or otherwise).

Would a new Eevee evolution really warrant a global announcement like this though?

Methinks it's either a Stadium-esque Wii U game for B&W1/2, Ruby/Sapphire remakes for DS, or a brand new 3DS game (be it sixth generation or otherwise).

I think the same but new Eeveelutions are always welcomed))). I could care less about a Stadium/colosseum type of game and I don't think it's the right time for Ruby/Saphire remakes as it would make more sense for them to come out after main Gen VI game. So... I hope it's the announcement of Gen VI.

As for Eevee, there was a message on twitter. Something like "How many evolutions of eevee are there?" and there are 8 of them now and it's January 8th so...

Edited by ArtFenix

If we pretend for a moment that it is going to be Generation VI, what naming convention do you think they'll go with this time?

We've had Red/Blue/Yellow/Green, Gold/SIlver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black/White... so... erm... Purple and Orange, maybe?

:lol:

Personally I'd love it to be something like Fire & Ice or Flame & Ice, but seeing as we've had FireRed in the past and Black & White 2 was all about a friggin' Ice/Dragon Pokemon I doubt that'll happen. Grumble.

They're hyping this way too much to be something small, like a new Pokémon character for download. I've not seen global hype like this since Gen 1 and 2. 

Here's the pic Nintendo UK posted on Twitter:

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGlj

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/288283915884564481

Europe:

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGlj

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/288283865708113920

America(No pic):

Join fans around the world tmrw for the 1st Nintendo Direct of 2013. Mr. Iwata will share a short message w/ Pokémon news @ 6 AM EST!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/288284171548368896

Japan (no pic):

Konbanwa [iwata], is Nintendo's Iwata. Thank you again this year. As the first direct 2013, from 20:00 tomorrow, we will broadcast recording "Pokémon Direct 2013.1.8". # NintendoDirectJP http://t.co/z0iqms0C

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/288284583475171329

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/288284858608918528

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/288286276673736708

• Thumbs Up 1

If we pretend for a moment that it is going to be Generation VI, what naming convention do you think they'll go with this time?

We've had Red/Blue/Yellow/Green, Gold/SIlver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black/White... so... erm... Purple and Orange, maybe?

laugh.png

Personally I'd love it to be something like Fire & Ice or Flame & Ice, but seeing as we've had FireRed in the past and Black & White 2 was all about a friggin' Ice/Dragon Pokemon I doubt that'll happen. Grumble.

How about Pokemon Rusty? xD

Yeah, more inspired names like Soul Silver/Heart Gold/Fire Red/Leaf Green are much better than simply names of colors or stuff like that.

This seems like a really big announcement alright. O_o

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/

Edited by ArtFenix

I'm thinking the Generation VI titles will be substance-based again, but reaching more broadly.  Like Oak/Iron, or Prism/Cloud, something like that - after going back to Black and White, they can do anything, really.  Wouldn't be surprised by non-remake adjectives either (Soaring Sky, for instance).  Whatever it is, it's sure to depend on the legendaries they've cooked up, and therefore probably isn't particularly guessable.  Unless they ditch their legendary-based structure?  I doubt it, though.  It's pretty hackneyed, but it makes total sense that unscrupulous groups would try to find and exploit legendary Pokemon, so I'm okay with it.

I wonder.  Black 2 and White 2 only came out relatively recently, even in Japan, but given that they could reuse so much of Black and White's content, is it possible that they were stopgap titles and Gen VI for the 3DS has been in the works all this time?  They do have models of all the Pokemon for Pokedex 3D, and they've presumably got a lot more people available if they aren't doing unnecessary barely-remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.  (Yeah, I really don't want them to remake Generation III.  I just don't see the need.)

Where did the rumour of a new Eeveelution come from? Not that I'm complaining.

Why would a new Eevee be exciting? Why because it automatically implies that Gen6 is on the way without confirming the Gen6 games, it starts the hype ball.

However I personally hope it's a new game to be released this year! I don't feel like waiting til 2014 for Pokémon to evolve! tongue.png

EDIT: Oh and, ironic that a special Nintendo Direct for Pokémon would be announced just after we had the discussion about how Nintendo and Pokémon didn't seem integrated enough!

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gen 6 is inevitable at this point. Looks like that statement about the franchise evolving has more meaning to it than previously thought.

With all this build-up...I'm kinda hoping two different games will be announced...like, a set and another game...I'm sure it will be 8 minutes of discussion on how Pokemon is a global worldwide phenomenon and then a 1 minute trailer...but it'd be cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't some promo merchandise for the upcoming movie include one of those blanked-out spaces that they sometimes use to hide merchandise with a new Pokemon or new Pokemon form?  Maybe that's the hypothetical new Eevee, too (given the movie link mentioned above).

Therefore, the question is... what type will it be?  We haven't had... Fighting, Poison, Ground, Rock, Flying, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Steel.  Some of these would be easier than others.  I'd kinda like to see how they'd do a Dragon-type, but a mechanical Steel-type Eevee would be pretty neat.  I feel like, if they're making a big deal out of it, it's unlikely to be something unglamorous like Ground, Rock, or Poison...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well my guess is it'll be another pair of types.. maybe one will be revealed soon, but another will be revealed at another time or when the game comes out?

Bah, 11 am?! Curse you Cardinal Wiseman! Now I won't be able to see the announcement live! And then complain about it afterwards!

Doesn't some promo merchandise for the upcoming movie include one of those blanked-out spaces that they sometimes use to hide merchandise with a new Pokemon or new Pokemon form?  Maybe that's the hypothetical new Eevee, too (given the movie link mentioned above).

I think I've got what you're talking about.

pokemon-genesect-merchandise-300x164.jpg

I'm having difficulties finding it in a bigger size (I know I saw one somewhere yesterday), but yeah. That watch on the right is blacked out, for whatever reason. Hype gooooooooooooo

• Thumbs Up 1

So, here's a rumor on what Tomorrow's Pokemon Nintendo Direct will be about.
Pokemon Rainbow!

Since we're less than a day away from the Chotto Nintendo Direct about Pokemon, I thought I'd share this rumored info that came my way. The source would like to remain anonymous. What I can say is that this source has sent in Pokemon info in the past that turned out to be true. We'll see if they're spot-on this time!

The announcement is, more or less, a love letter to the franchise. It's being called Pokemon Rainbow, a 3DS game that encompasses the settings and Pokemon from generations 1-4: Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, and Diamond and Pearl. You can take my word for it that the graphics are done up very nicely. The perspective is similar to what you'd expect from Pokemon games, but the camera is much more dynamic. The graphical style is characterized by very clean, dark lines. Almost cartoonish, but not quite. Battles look radically different, and move away from the use of pixel art. Though it seems that the interface is still made of pixels. The battle that it shown is between a totally new trainer and a wild Weedle. The trainer uses a Pikachu.

I'm not privy to any story details, as I only know what will be announced tomorrow. The story is concurrent with Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 in terms of timeline. There are over 20 new Pokemon, and two will be revealed tomorrow. One is an evolution of an older Pokemon Eevee, called Draconeon. The other is a totally new Pokemon, called Verbill. It looks like a rodent, much like the Pokemon Patrat, but has a sort of pirate theme going on. 

A Wii U app will be launched along with the game, which will be announced tomorrow. However, all that will be said is that the app will be addressed "at a later date". The logo for the app features a globe with Pikachu, Munna, Treeko, Cyndaquil, and Piplup popping out from various countries.

Edited by DiscordinIce