Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Seeing as this is a general Pokemon thread...

Has anyone heard of and/or played the many Pokemon hacks and fangames out there? Snakewood, the Ruby Destiny trilogy, Flora Sky, etc?

I've mentioned it before but I have a hack of Emerald but it replaces the pokemon with Touhou characters instead. I did find a different hax of it where it added Kanto and part of Johto in it. The only changes I see other than the added zones is that the gym leaders are normal instead of being Touhou characters as well, you have to go to Kanto's Victory Road to fight the Elite Four instead, and alternate final forms are more accessible.

Overall though it feels finished compared to other versions of Touhoumon. My other Touhoumon Emerald doesn't let you use the the Battle Areas at all. I really like it and I played the hell out of it which is saying something.

Now with that said I'm gonna go level grind Keine and Mokou.

Seeing as this is a general Pokemon thread...

Has anyone heard of and/or played the many Pokemon hacks and fangames out there? Snakewood, the Ruby Destiny trilogy, Flora Sky, etc?

Heard of Flora Sky and FireRed Omega.

Never played any of them. Hacks have never really interested me in general, so that's why. ^^;;

I must not have the update, because I can't find it ._.

You'll have to search 'Press Start' in the Google Maps search bar and the option should appear-

OOOO SLYVEON IN CENTRAL PARK!!!! :D

You'll have to search 'Press Start' in the Google Maps search bar and the option should appear. 

I would use the excuse that it hasn't been rolled out in the UK, but other people probably have it...

When it comes to April Fools' Day Google tends to deliver their jokes very well. This one is no exception, and it's a Pokémon related joke so that's even better. XD

Kudos to Google!

EDIT: Makes me wonder if Nintendo actually had something to do with this too. They said back in February that they were gonna further expand their marketing towards other areas, so the case of a partnership with Google to promote the Pokémon brand (regardless of being part of an April Fools' Day joke) wouldn't be farfetched, considering Google worked on the YouTube and Wii U Panorama apps as well.

Edited by Kaabiitorori

• 5 weeks later...

Pokemon is now crossing over with Art Academy.

box.jpg

Seems like harmless fun. 40 lessons in all, though you should be able to draw whatever Pokemon you want at any time.

I'd like to see this expand to other franchises, but a franchise with 719 characters in it is a good start.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember that Pokken fighters trademark filed by Pokemon Company in japan last year? apparently it was filed again this time in Europe.

With E3 2014 now a mere month away, we can already give the rumour wheel a spin courtesy of The Pokémon Company International. It has emerged that the company have filed trademarks for Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament in Europe on 1st May 2014, matching those previously filed in Japan last August.

Speculation is rife as to what these could relate to, with the most notable idea being a fighting-title crossover between Pokémon and Bandai Namco’s Tekken franchise. Which would certainly explain the peculiar title, as well as being likely following the publisher’s increasing involvement with Nintendo, most recently with Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS.

This was originally fuelled by a screenshot shown at last year’s Pokémon Game Show, although was soon dismissed as being “conceptual” as hype built behind it.

• Thumbs Up 3

It seems increasingly likely that this is one of Nintendo's E3 trump cards.  Should be interesting.

Oh hell yeah! This better be real now because a Pokemon fighting game would be amaaaazing.

I wonder how many Pokemon will be playable in Pokken? Probably not many since it'll just be the bipedal/fighting type ones.

Oh hell yeah! This better be real now because a Pokemon fighting game would be amaaaazing.

I wonder how many Pokemon will be playable in Pokken? Probably not many since it'll just be the bipedal/fighting type ones.

I'm pretty sure they can add the ones that aren't bipedal to the roster.

BTW, if the game turns out to be true, then what Pokemon would you like to see in Pokken? Mine are: Typhlosion, Swampert, Krookodile, Drapion, Tyrantrum and Haxorus. ^^

I can't see it being much of a "trump card", if only because fighting games traditionally don't sell very well.

Still, it's bound to turn more than a few eyes, I personally love fighting games so it could be amazing for someone like me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow I seriously need to get my head back on straight.

Seriously though, why was this not the first thing I heard about? Why is everyone so quiet about it?

Edited by Rusty Spy

• 3 weeks later...
You know, one thing regarding download versions of Pokémon has me curious…

Let’s say I have all my Pokémon stored on the PC, then copy the contents of my 3DS’ SD card onto another one.

If I then upload my Pokémon to Pokémon Bank, then switch to the copied SD card, will I have effectively duplicated my Pokémon, or will the game detect this somehow?

I’d love to try it myself, but I don’t have a spare SD card big enough to copy mine onto. :< In theory it sounds like a really exploitable mechanic though…

I'm having difficulty finding more detail, but apparently there's some kind of DRM to stop you from just duplicating stuff across multiple SD cards; otherwise, people would do that with whole games rather than just Pokemon.

No, you can definitely copy stuff across SD cards- it just locks the contents to one system. So if I were to make several copies of the contents of my SD card, they'd all still work just fine, but only on my 3DS.

Hence I'm curious as to whether or not there's anything to stop people exploiting that, and as I say, moving everything to Pokémon Bank before restoring from a copy and then doing it over and over over to duplicate your Pokémon endlessly.

Oh, on a different note, actually;

I have spares of most Mega Stones and a bunch of spare legendaries. If anyone has a spare, legit, Manaphy, Arceus or Meloetta they'd be willing to trade away and needs/ wants anything I might have, do get in touch.

Here's my current Mega Stone/ Legendaries 'stock list':

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IQwjTuGf-jMOEwqrMgMdm4_o1D0daNNn8EVrG2NBrPU/edit#gid=1333977172 

Obviously I'm not going to be as willing to trade ones I only have one of, mostly the Mega Blazikenite. Either way, let me know if you have any offers.

There's actually a pretty simple way to duplicate Pokémon involving the Action Replay powersaves. Coincidentally, with Powersaves, you can also create multiple save files to one cart, since it backs saves up, and you can restore them at any time. For cloning you just put the 'mon in bank and back up to a previous save... I realize that's not exactly kosher for a lot of people, but I thought I'd share so people know it's out there. I know folks sometimes send out cloned legends and shinies on WT.

I mostly use my 3DS AR for checking shiny values for eggs. If anyone is interested, I might be able to do a SV checking service sometime, if you guys ever want to try for free shinies on reddit.

As for Pokékken, as cool as a fighting game would be, it makes me wonder if we'll ever see another console RPG a-la Collosseum and XD.

On a related note, Nintendo's announced a new Vivillon form, in commemoration of the number of GTS trades made so far.

fancy.jpg

This Vivillon form will be distributed once GTS has recorded 100 million traded Pokemon - the event was announced when the 85 million mark was met on Friday. The reason the Pokemon is a Vivillon is because Vivillon is the most traded Pokemon on GTS, for obvious reasons.

Also because Vivillon is probably the easiest Pokémon to make a novelty/ gimmick version of. :P

This makes me wonder if that Vivillon pattern is coded into the game, or if it'll be applied via patch. If it's the latter, then there's a chance any new Megas on ORAS could be X Y compatible.

This makes me wonder if that Vivillon pattern is coded into the game, or if it'll be applied via patch. If it's the latter, then there's a chance any new Megas on ORAS could be X Y compatible.

It is already coded into the game.

The dude that managed to leak Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion and the Mega Latios/Latias also found AZ's Floette, Pokéball pattern Vivillon and this green one on the game's code.