Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

......That sounds far far far too good to be true.. but it's strangely consistent.

Screw you unreasonable expectations! ;_;

• Thumbs Up 2

I dunno. The 20 new Pokemon part seems fake. Unless those 20 are just a part of a larger batch for Gen 6. But even then. Then again B&W 2 came as a surprise.

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as I'd love to believe that it's true I find it hard to believe; Draconeon? I doubt the Pokemon would even have English translated names at this stage in development.

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as I'd love to believe that it's true I find it hard to believe; Draconeon? I doubt the Pokemon would even have English translated names at this stage in development.

We're getting a worldwide reveal and all countries have a countdown for it, so it's certainly possible.

I dunno. The 20 new Pokemon part seems fake. Unless those 20 are just a part of a larger batch for Gen 6. But even then. Then again B&W 2 came as a surprise.

Exactly. Remember how 3DS games can't be hacked yet? As far as we know there could be ~100 other Pokémon on the cart we won't know about til Gen6 comes out.

But uggh this game. sounds too good. it won't be real. gonna die. it's gonna be another gen5 game. it's gonna be "pokémon rumble: LIGHT". which is pokémon rumble but only with charizard pikachu and mewtwo.

@ProfJ: The announcement is worldwide, if any Pokémon are revealed I assume we'd get JP and English names at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

This must be the biggest bullshit I've ever read. 

20 new Pokemon? Really? Why would GF waste 20 new designs just for something like this? And Dracoeon? That's one of the oldest "Fakemon" ever created.

If this Rainbow shit is real I'll release all of my shiny Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as "Rainbow" sounds cool, it's likely not real.

But hey, the announcement's tomorrow. Anything is fair game at this point, I guess.

P.S. Scaleon is a way cooler name for a dragon-type Eevee evolution.

Edited by Cola

Yep, that sounds pretty much totally made-up and fake.  Even in the unlikely circumstance that it turns out to be real then I will maintain that I was right to think it was fake.  Because I don't see why they'd waste a special Nintendo direct on what sounds like an underwhelming and unlikely spin-off.  Four regions on one game card... with only twenty new Pokemon?  Yeah, I'm sure.

This must be the biggest bullshit I've ever read. 

20 new Pokemon? Really? Why would GF waste 20 new designs just for something like this? And Dracoeon? That's one of the oldest "Fakemon" ever created.

If this Rainbow shit is real I'll release all of my shiny Pokemon.

...can I have them if so?

ph34r.png

Edited by Mykonos

Pokémon Rainbow sounds fake because it's that thing everyone's thought about
"It would be so cool if they put all the old regions in one game"
Plus it seems like it would be an end of series thing, the Pokémon game to end all Pokémon games, it would be extremely hard to top

Four regions on one game card

This is actually possible, space wise, since 3DS cards can hold up to 8GB whereas the DS can only hold up to 512MB, HeartGold and SoulSilver had 2 regions on that card so it could still fit though like I said before GameFreak probably aren't going to be doing it any time soon

Some of this sounds too good to be true, mainly having four regions, twenty new Pokemon, and so on. However, the small bit about battles being different does intrigue me quite a bit.

The fact that the domain hasn't been registered by Nintendo probably means it's not real tbh.

What? Dragtwo didn't tip you off?

• Thumbs Up 1

What? Dragtwo didn't tip you off?

No not that, I meant that the rumour/leak itself is probably false simply because if it had any chance of being true, Nintendo would have already bought the pokemonrainbow.com domain from those kids.

Edited by SuperLink

He means since Nintendo hasn't registered the domain already and this kid has it, it makes the rumor more unlikely.

And, I thought Dragtwo was real! By the way, read Alyssa's back story. It's fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Makes me real sad, the fact that this Rainbow stuff probably isn't gonna be real. But... *crosses fingers* And you gotta remember, Pokemon doesn't have dedicated game websites, they just put mini-sites or whatever on their main one.

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way, read Alyssa's back story. It's fantastic.

"In the game, this is why I am evil. My parents were rich, and one day, me, my brother Aidan, my mom, and my Dad all went on a very expensive vacation. It was on that vacation that my parents left me on the vacation island on purpose! A little while later, I found out that my parents never really liked me, and that they were looking forward to the day where they could abandon me. I lived on the island for more than five years, and I learned how to survive on the island, I raised enough money to buy food for each day, and I thought to my self, what is my purpose in life. Later, I found out that I had a talent, building. I could build things, I could fix things, I was an engineering genius! Then one day, I found out that Aidan had become a gym leader. I was angry at the fact that my brother had become famous, so one day, I made a bomb powerful enough to destroy an entire state."

Watch out Giovanni, there's a new villain in town!

I don't know what I want from this honestly. But I'm currently looking forward to a big announcement from Nintendo now... I hope they don't let us down. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

And you gotta remember, Pokemon doesn't have dedicated game websites, they just put mini-sites or whatever on their main one.

True thought this is, Nintendo usually at least buy the domains of game titles so no third parties can use 'em.

That would go for these poor li'l kids too.

I swear, when the sixth generation is announced, whenever that will be, if it's tomorrow or longer down the road I don't really care at this point, the fire starter better not be part fighting again.

This. So very much. Hopefully they really want to do a part fighting starter, fighting type will go to the water starter (hell samurott should've been part fighting since its a samurai).

Personally I liked the Fake Starter Pokemon idea that the Gen IV starters would be Fighting, Dark, and Psychic types.

Personally I liked the Fake Starter Pokemon idea that the Gen IV starters would be Fighting, Dark, and Psychic types.

I liked that idea too, and supported it for a while.

However it wouldn't work, it would be definitely unfair.

Psychic x2 -> Fight

Fight x2 -> Dark

Dark x2 -> Psychic

Seems fine, right?

BUT

Dark 1/2 -> Fight

Fight 1/2 -> Psychic

Psychic 0 -> Dark

Problem being, Psychic does not affect dark at all, doesn't work as well as an ~equal~ type trio. Perhaps not a huge problem, but this is a kids game remember - don't want to make things more confusing by forcing a type trio that isn't fair.

I liked that idea too, and supported it for a while.

However it wouldn't work, it would be definitely unfair.

Psychic x2 -> Fight

Fight x2 -> Dark

Dark x2 -> Psychic

Seems fine, right?

BUT

Dark 1/2 -> Fight

Fight 1/2 -> Psychic

Psychic 0 -> Dark

Problem being, Psychic does not affect dark at all, doesn't work as well as an ~equal~ type trio. Perhaps not a huge problem, but this is a kids game remember - don't want to make things more confusing by forcing a type trio that isn't fair.

Here's a type trio that's fair: Rock, Flying, Fighting

Rock 2x-> Flying

Flying 2x-> Fighting

Fighting 2x-> Rock

Also

Rock 1/2x -> Fighting

Fighting 1/2x-> Flying

Flying 1/2x-> Rock

EDIT: 3DS related? Uh oh....

Edited by Johnny Boy