ovarloard

Since it's probably too early of a Gen6 announcement

Gen3remakes gen3remakes gen3remakes

Come on!

• Thumbs Up 3

Since it's probably too early of a Gen6 announcement

Gen3remakes gen3remakes gen3remakes

Come on!

Fuck no. I'd rather have Gen 3 remakes be part of Gen 6 and take advantage of the updated graphics and game engines than get one built upon Gen 5.

Believe me, I want Gen 3 remakes as much as the next guy. Now is just not the time.

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fuck no. I'd rather have Gen 3 remakes be part of Gen 6 and take advantage of the updated graphics and game engines than get one built upon Gen 5.

What if the R/S remakes are built from the ground for the 3DS and the 6th Gen games are built upon them?

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

What if the R/S remakes are built from the ground for the 3DS and the 6th Gen games are built upon them?
I thought about that. It'd be interesting, but it would take a lot of the oomph out of getting a new region to explore with new Pokémon to catch.
  • Thumbs Up 2

My hype levels have just multiplied exponentially.

Oh hell yes.

Also agreed that I'd be ok with Gen3makes if they were built with the Gen6 engine, as long as we get a totally new lovely engine, I will be very very happy.

Still, this dashes hopes of a WiiU announcement.

Well, at least we know they're finally moving on from DS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sequel, direct or spiritual, to Colo/XD on the 3DS.

Big bucks, big bucks, no whammy, no whammy, stop!

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought about that. It'd be interesting, but it would take a lot of the oomph out of getting a new region to explore with new Pokémon to catch.

For the sake of argument..

Consider the fact that every Gen, the later titles are technologically superior. This means that FRLG made better use of the GBA than RSE, and HGSS made MUCH better use of the DS than DPPt.

Now, that's not right is it? Surely the Gen defining game should use the technology better. BW and BW2 did this for DS.

It'd be interesting if RSE was remade with the Gen6 engine before Gen6's games were made, it'd give them extra time to make Gen6 look even better!

Of course I think I'd actually prefer, personally, to have something new first, but I will be happy either way so long as they both use a new engine.

Edited by SuperLink

Flareon really needs Flare Blitz. End of Story.

There's a glitch that can teach can teach Flareon Flare Blitz but it takes a lot of time and effort because if I remember right you need an eevee/flareon with mimic from a Gen 3 game.

Edit:

68034_420286671358061_220941432_n.jpg

Edited by Rachel Alucard
  • Thumbs Up 1

There's a glitch that can teach can teach Flareon Flare Blitz but it takes a lot of time and effort because if I remember right you need an eevee/flareon with mimic from a Gen 3 game.

Or you could just use Pokésav.

Edit:

68034_420286671358061_220941432_n.jpg

Or Pokesav...ya know the less time consuming way.

Or you could just use Pokésav.

Or Pokesav...ya know the less time consuming way.

But its much more rewarding and arguably more entertaining to abuse glitches that takes forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

But its much more rewarding and arguably more entertaining to abuse glitches that takes forever.

This is true, and my Leafgreen is just sitting on my dresser.

For the sake of argument..   Consider the fact that every Gen, the later titles are technologically superior. This means that FRLG made better use of the GBA than RSE, and HGSS made MUCH better use of the DS than DPPt.   Now, that's not right is it? Surely the Gen defining game should use the technology better. BW and BW2 did this for DS. It'd be interesting if RSE was remade with the Gen6 engine before Gen6's games were made, it'd give them extra time to make Gen6 look even better!   Of course I think I'd actually prefer, personally, to have something new first, but I will be happy either way so long as they both use a new engine.
Oh, c'mon! That's the best part about the remakes! It makes them even better!

Oh, c'mon! That's the best part about the remakes! It makes them even better!

Maybe, I just can't help but feel that I would like Platinum (my favourite Pokémon game) even more if it was technologically superior to HGSS :P totes unfair!

It's on Nintendo UK's front page and there's a news post and link for the broadcast.

Watch a Pokémon Direct broadcast on January 8th at 11 a.m. UK time!

07/01/2013

If you're a fan of all things Pokémon, be sure to tune in to a special Pokémon Direct broadcast on January 8th at 11 a.m. UK time. The presentation will be streamed from the Nintendo Direct website, and features Nintendo President Satoru Iwata taking a look at this long-running series.

If you missed any of the previous Nintendo Direct broadcasts, then make sure you check out our Nintendo Direct Archive page, where you can watch (or re-watch) previous presentations at any time!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/January/Watch-a-Pokemon-Direct-broadcast-on-January-8th-at-11-a-m-UK-time--699197.html

The bit about Iwata "taking a look at this long running series" makes me think it will be a main series game, like Gen 6.

It's also advertised on Nintendo of America's site. Here's the link to the broadcast:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/

Offtopic: Has the Pokemon fanbase ever accused Pokemon of becoming "dumbed down" or anything like that?

Ah.. I just got a bit of a negative thought from that "taking a look at this long running series" quote.

What if the announcement is just old Pokémon games coming to eShop? Not exactly bad news at all, but not the new thing a lot of people were hoping for.

Still.. there's a new Pokémon or forme coming soon for sure, according to that watch teaser. Must remain cautiously optimistic.

EDIT:

Offtopic: Has the Pokemon fanbase ever accused Pokemon of becoming "dumbed down" or anything like that?
Not sure about fanbase, but I feel like the bad dialogue and linearity of Gen5 is a bit "dumbing down" considering the dialogue used to be full of character and the Regions used to let you go many different directions. Edited by SuperLink

To the whole "We found info on a Pokemon 3DS game"...

Could that just be the new Mystery Dungeon game and not the actual reveal? But I bet a 3DS reveal will happen either way.

To the whole "We found info on a Pokemon 3DS game"...

Could that just be the new Mystery Dungeon game and not the actual reveal? But I bet a 3DS reveal will happen either way.

Well first off, Mystery Dungeon isn't GameFreak developed, the announcement is a GameFreak one.

Second off, the announcement is happening in Japan at the same time, Mystery Dungeon is already out there.

And I posted it in a status update but I thought I'd mention it here anyway, even though it probably doesn't mean anything.

Remember our old pals at http://www.pokemonrainbow.com/ ? And how Alyssa became evil?? Seems like the site has changed totally in the last few hours; it's certainly no coincidence.

However, it may not be due to Nintendo, it's also possible that the site got too many hits from game news sites or 4chan, or maybe whoever ran it worried the kids would be harassed if the rumours got out of hand and put it into Admin mode or something.

Either way, notable.

I really don't hype myself up for these announcements anymore.

All what happens is that you have high expectations, and then whine when it isn't even close to what you wanted. Keeping low expectations means that they will probably be met and you may or may not be surprised if it ends up being awesome.

I really don't hype myself up for these announcements anymore.

All what happens is that you have high expectations, and then whine when it isn't even close to what you wanted. Keeping low expectations means that they will probably be met and you may or may not be surprised if it ends up being awesome.

I know what you mean, but even if I kept my expectations as low as hell I'd be disappointed if they revealed that Gen6 still looked and played exactly like the GBA games.

For me this will either end badly or well. I will not be hard to impress if things actually change.