Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I like... don't even care about the game as much as I do about that fire starter. I just want to take him home and keep him and...

The evolutions better be fucking adorable Nintendo. You've been warned.

• Thumbs Up 2

Since it's all genetic based, I wonder if we'll be getting some awesome legendary events that tie in with the story later, like Deoxys and Mewtwo or other crazy sciencey Pogeymans.

Aaaand my body kinda want the fire starter to go bipedal, but idk/furry

• Thumbs Up 1

Bumping this for a bit. Picked up a pre-owned copy of Platinum today to see how it compares now that 3 main series games have come out since. ...It's very slow. Even when riding the bike, it's just slow. Only thing good about was the 100 Togekiss that was just sitting in the PC Box. Oh and I kinda miss the "entrance animation" when the Pokemon come out of their Pokeballs. It just looks so awesome seeing Luxray roar like that, and it's cry just adds to the effect.

I really have no interest in continuing with this game, so I'll probably steal a few Pokemon from it before exchanging it for Pearl so I can get a few Glameows. After that, I dunno what to get next. How do the Pokemon Ranger sequels fair? I didn't really enjoy the first due to the broken "capture" system.

I thought the capture system was much improved in the second and third games - you no longer instantly lose the capture if your stylus comes off the touchscreen (although you do get extra points if you make the capture without 'lifting' the stylus).  This tends to make it easier on your DS screen as well, since you don't feel you have to press so hard.  You also get to choose from multiple partner Pokemon, and can switch from one to another by returning to a certain area, so you can select an appropriate partner for the area you're going to.  You still have captured Pokemon who will help you once with a capture or field move (cut, fly, etc.) before leaving.

If the circling capture style itself was the problem, it's still there; if the issue was more the finickiness of the system, that is IMO much improved, so you may want to give it a try.

Yeah the second Pokémon Ranger game is actually pretty good, I'd say it's the best in the series and I played it tons. The third game is much the same, but annoyingly large portions of it can only be played in multiplayer (and who else owns the game - no one) and it can be more tedious and repetitive.

Still the first Ranger game is pretty much awful compared to the latter 2.

Oh god, don't get me started on the multiplayer of Rangers 3. That shit's Nintendo of the 80s hard when alone!

• 2 weeks later...

UK owners of Black 2/White 2, be ready: Keldeo is being distributed over WiFi from 25 January to 12 February. It's at level 50 with Sacred Sword, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet and Swords Dance.

That Keldeo is also coming to NA and European games, but for some reason France started early.  Everyone else gets same dates as UK: January 25th through Feb. 12th.  Remember that you can download up to (I think) 3 Wonder cards even if you haven't started the game yet.  After you start you can have up to twelve.

Bumping this for a bit, but is Pokemon Typing worth getting? Is there any fun at all in it, or is it purely just an educational game for kids?

Currently completing the National Pokedex in Black 2, and I've got nearly all the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Pokemon acquired.

However, no matter what I do, I do not have access to a Teddiursa besides getting lucky with trading with Yancy in the game, and that trade only happens once a day. If anyone has a Teddiursa, could we possibly trade? I can offer its version equivalent, Phanpy, or another Pokemon if there's one you really need that I have.

Heartgold has Phanpy while Soulsilver had Teddiursa. It's weird because it's opposite from the original GS games.

Heartgold has Phanpy while Soulsilver had Teddiursa. It's weird because it's opposite from the original GS games.

Funnily enough, it's actually the same as the original games. For some unknown reason, the international versions of G/S swapped around Teddiursa and Phanpy exclusivity. The way they are in HG/SS is the way they were in the original, Japanese G/S.

• Thumbs Up 3

Funnily enough, it's actually the same as the original games. For some unknown reason, the international versions of G/S swapped around Teddiursa and Phanpy exclusivity. The way they are in HG/SS is the way they were in the original, Japanese G/S.

Well, there's something I never knew before. I can see why they swapped places, so that the two Pokemon closely match the version color, but it's still odd.

But yeah, I need a Teddiursa. I also need a Stunky and Glameow, because GF wanted to play hardball with both of those and have them regularly available in only a single version, neither of which I have atm.

You KNOW you are bored when you decide to see if you can make a seamless theme song out of three separate parts:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta catch 'em all.

558060_10200699185228913_1363482302_n.jp

Meloetta will be available at Gamestops on the 4th. And with my brother trading his Victini to me, I can say at that time that I finally completed a Regional Pokedex.

• Thumbs Up 2

About time Pokemon got it's own magazine! There was Pokemon World from the UK, but that's not really an "official" source. Especially since they claimed Red was Ash when he isn't.