Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Upon hearing of these latest news pieces - Sonic 4, the sprited forum headers etc - a friend of mine over on another forum had this to say. It's an interesting post. :)

I think it's a given at this stage that it's going to be called Sonic 4. Downloadable content greatly, greatly reduces their target market and I'd even go as far to say that the majority of the people who relentlessly buy the current Sonic games (E.G. The kiddies), won't even know or have the means to play this one.

They've basically reduced their market to the hardcore, old-school Sonic fans, so it makes sense to pander exclusively towards them. Sonic 4, Badniks and no new friends are what they want, and if the game appears to be even remotely like the old games in style then you'll get them throwing money at it from Day 1.

The only question that remains is "Will it be Dr. Robotnik or Dr. Eggman?"

We've already got people saying that if Sonic has green eyes then they won't be buying, and you've others saying that if he talks they won't be buying it either. The build up to this has just shown how crazy some of the Sonic fanbase is, and I'm looking forward to seeing how much Sega is willing to listen to them.

Waits for Sega to reveal the game as nothing like the above.

New session, just click:

49223301_p.jpg

Brilliant- I see the Arms guy from Mean Bean Machine there too. XD

It doesn't matter to me if it ends up as Robotnik or Eggman. Robotnik would be a plus, of course, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it if he is referred to as Eggman or if Sonic has green eyes. Sonic Advance was a fantastic game and it did both of those things. If Sonic ends up talking lines of dialogue in a 2D environment though... I dunno. =X

Also, here's another one of them there comics.

2cftmk5.jpg

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ooooh! Can you add mine, too? Its not great, but I like it :o.

MonkeyDude.jpg

BTW, Tyson Hesse used to be known as Rittz, right? He made some cool Sonic Sprites.

On Topic: I don't care if its Eggman or Robotnik, but I'm guessing they'll call him Eggman. I can't see them "confusing" younger players,, just to have him going by his western name..

• Thumbs Up 1

BTW, Tyson Hesse used to be known as Rittz, right? He made some cool Sonic Sprites.

Yep, that's Rittz. Long time friend of Psyguy. I love how that community over there is still going strong.

Oh, yeah we have to wait till tommorrow for the info :o Too bad.. I'm so excited about the name, the concept art etc.

And, thanks, Adamis.

Thats looks cool and real. Did you make it? If so, good job!

And I'd love to see the "First at TSSZ" for this xD

Edited by MarcelloF

Not real, but let's tell TSSZ that it is:

sonic4r.jpg

Son of a-

my heart skipped a beat when seeing that. Don't do that again!!

Son of a-

my heart skipped a beat when seeing that. Don't do that again!!

Teeheeman-1.png

Eggman, that looks really like its from SEGA! And the Gif. make sit even better :o But you forgot TM after Sonic, the and 4 xD.

Dammit SEGA did you learn nothing from Shadow's game? Vehicles are a hedgehog's worst enemy in real life so they have no place in the games :lol:Minus ASR lol!

• Thumbs Up 2

It almost looks real. There's just something about the "O" that doesn't look right...

It was like that in some of the older games.

sonic3box.jpg

I don't know why, it just became part of the logo.

You mean the hole in the 4? I just fixed it :) I also made this:

sonic4cover.jpg

This will be obsolete, come tomorrow:

sonic4.jpg

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 2