Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

No, on this new fake loge the hole in the O is too small.

Actually, you're right. It is smaller, but just barely.

EDIT: Nice boxart there, but I think the "Genesis" logo is a tad too dark. And I would've preferred a different Robotnik over his god-awful SatAM design, but that's just me.

Edited by The Soldier

You should also try to make it look like Sonic is holding up 4 Fingers :D.

SEGA better do that if the game is called Sonic 4 :o

Don't you see Metal making a four with his hand? He'd fold in his thumb, but it's made of metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wSKRdUnWuY&NR=1

Watch these scenes. Metal can be seen bending his fingers just like normal. Not sure if this translates into the games, but I suppose it can work.

Edited by Indigo Dude

Yes, the classic theme needs to return. It came back in the Advance games, as I recall, so clearly whatever rights issues there are can't be that dire.

The zone clear theme should either be the S3&K one that's been in use for years or an entirely new one, though. I was never a fan of the Sonic 1/Sonic 2 jingle.

Theme song better darn well be catchy.

That has always bugged me. Sonic had a perfectly good "intro" jingle that everyone could easily identify, and they threw it out after two games for new tunes in both 3 & Knuckles. I like Crush 40 as much as the next guy, and Unleashed came close to having a new, solid "Sonic Theme" again with their orchestral "World Adventure" theme (though that seemed to represent the game itself rather than the character)... but I'd really like it if they brought that old S1/S2 intro tune back again as his main theme and played off of it in any cut scenes, etc.

Maybe that's just me, though.

You forgot something very important, Barry. But, fear not the savior was here.

SonicTheAssface4_2.jpg

Sonic on the Genisis without Assface/Tumor cannot be xD. Oh and because I forgot to "redo", Sonic now has pointy claw fingers :)

This post took forever due to Photobucket being a bitch :-/

Edited by MarcelloF

Wasn't dropping the theme a rights issue?

It was. DCT wanted more money for the music than SEGA was willing to pay. How it isn't anymore, I don't really know (the music in Advance 1 was licenced from DCT, so maybe SEGA just ponied the money up), but it used to be. See: Sonic Spinball. Sega didn't change the intro tune for Sonic 3 because they wanted to.

Edited by Tornado

That has always bugged me. Sonic had a perfectly good "intro" jingle that everyone could easily identify, and they threw it out after two games for new tunes in both 3 & Knuckles. I like Crush 40 as much as the next guy, and Unleashed came close to having a new, solid "Sonic Theme" again with their orchestral "World Adventure" theme (though that seemed to represent the game itself rather than the character)... but I'd really like it if they brought that old S1/S2 intro tune back again as his main theme and played off of it in any cut scenes, etc.

Maybe that's just me, though.

I personally agree. I'm not an old school purist where every thing has to be like the old games, but some things just feel like traditions and when they're not in the games it bugs me, like the intro theme for when Sonic pops out of the logo or the badniks (Which are being brought back[yay!])

Wasn't dropping the theme a rights issue?

Yes sadly. If Sega uses it they have to pay royalties to Masato Nakamura just like Green Hill Zone. Edited by Mort

Perhaps the Sonic Advance use of the Sonic 1 theme was a loophole in not using the title theme AS the title theme, but rather as a power up theme. Maybe it cost less? Who knows (Sega does)

...I should also clarify and state that I'd like to see the classic jingle return so long as it

You can't catch what you can't see, yo.

I wonder if they could bring back the theme from Satam, or some of the other classic themes. I personally understand the problems with the original intro from 1&2, but there are still plenty others that I would suggest;

Sonic has had so many Leitmotifs it makes my head spin. I just wish they'd pick one and stick with it.

I personally like the instrumental "Sonic Warrior".
Link?

I mean, I really do love them all, and I suppose it works since Sega tries to keep Sonic somewhat hip with the times, but it just bugs me personally. Its like if the Loony Toons had to change their famous theme every season.

Edited by Mort

Link?

I mean, I really do love them all, and I suppose it works since Sega tries to keep Sonic somewhat hip with the times, but it just bugs me personally. Its like if the Loony Toons had to change their famous theme every season.

I believe Doctor Eggman is referring to this.