Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

If this thing does end up being called "Sonic 4," there's going to be so much nerd rage all around. It's going to be hilarious, considering the reasons they'd be angry in the first place are a complete crock of chao droppings.

If it's Sonic 4, (which is pretty likely) get over it. Just saying it now, getting it over with so my words aren't lost in the raging posts of disappointment and mild discontent.

I'm getting the same with 8 and 9 and 10 in the URL too, something seems off or someone's playing games with us lol!

Lol, Sonic the Hedgehog 10. I'm thinking how funny it'd be if they counted up each game from S3&K and called this Sonic 26 or something. :lol:

I'm content to know there's a few reveals coming next week. I don't even need to know if the site is real. It's not like it was before when we had nothing.

This will be fun! A lot of fans have been asking for Sonic 4 for years... and now that they most likely will be getting it...

Be careful what you wish for, kiddys! You never know what you got until it lacks Tails and Knuckles~!

Ignoring my view that names are ultimately irrelevant beyond identification, why is it that after all of the hype and mania and predictions of salvation over this game that you wouldn't want this to be Sonic 4? What's the inhibition here? =/

Haha... First@TSSZ :rolleyes:

More like First@Retro, Second@SSMB, and THIRD@TSSZ :lol:

That's what I love about TSSZ. Chronological order has no purpose there! XD

Eat your heart out math!

Edited by BlazingTales

SO, just for the lulz, I checked that addreses and you can put from "sonicthehedgehog1" to "sonicthehedgehog10" and they all redirect to SEGA :P (you can' t go past that)

I wonder if they created all thoose sites in the same day

Off-Topic: if you put just "sonicthehedgehog.com" you go to Archie's site D:

EDIT: It seems like I typed something wrong, because "sonicthehedgehog2" doesn't redirect me to SEGA... Strange isn't it?

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Japanese canon, which is what the new games go by, said that Sonic lived with humans, and that the planet had cities. (Pic, pic, and pic).

Never mind the sprawling cities visible in stage backgrounds in Sonic 1, 2 and 3.

Never mind the sprawling cities visible in stage backgrounds in Sonic 1, 2 and 3.

That too, although I think he meant a world completely filled with human cities, not the ones "Robotnik 'built'", so I figured I'd show additional junk.

Off-topic: Epic signature you got there!

Edited by BlazingTales

Ignoring my view that names are ultimately irrelevant beyond identification, why is it that after all of the hype and mania and predictions of salvation over this game that you wouldn't want this to be Sonic 4? What's the inhibition here? =/

I just happen to think it's a pretty uninventive title. I don't know what else it could be called, but Sonic 4 is just so... obvious. Yawn.

...I'm not sure why SEGA would be coy about the title if it was going to be called Sonic 4, either. You'd think that would only help with the hype. I do still expect it to be called that, though, even if I don't find it very compelling, and it won't matter anyway if it's a good game.

apparently sonicthehedgehog5-10 are registered by someone other then 4's owner.

still not convinced it'll be the name of the game

Lol @ the topic title change. Wait for the official word, that other site doesn't work for SEGA and it's shenanigan's impress no-one.

Perhaps, but there's enough data pointing from other sources as well.

I should probably add that to the OP XD

Plus it's still in quotes, just in case.

Edited by Aquaslash

So to get the discussion on track, what kind of zone's would we all like to see in this game? I for one hope there is a snow/ice stage in there somewhere as they have always been my fave's for music, gameplay and the set ups for speed. Would be cool if there is snow you shred through like those patches of snow in Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone.

Ha! In this case, there's going to be nerd rage regardless.

Personally, I'm curious to see if Sega can really live up to that.

EDIT: In answer to that, I want to see something like Eggmanland again. Like the last level needs to be Nintendo Hard.

Edited by Aquaslash

Don't make me change that shit back man.

although I imagine after all this they'll probably decide to call it Sonic 4 anyway

Explain to me how Amy's jump in both age and appearance,
For age, time passed. This is stated clearly near the start of Sonic's story, where it's stated to have been a while since Sonic and Tails last saw each other ("long time no see"). As for why she's notably aged and no one else has, it's because the series has never had an absolutely rock-solid continuity (there's quite a large range between "too little to care about" and "every detail was meticulously planned", remember). It's cartoon time; it's the same reason Ash Ketchum is still 10 despite the show running for over a decade, and one episode (fairly early on, even) stating that they've been traveling for a year. Characters age when the writers want them to age, and don't when they don't.

For appearance...she got a haircut and a new outfit. Woo.

the completely different Master Emerald shrine,
There are two shrines, and the emerald was moved from the Hidden Palace shrine to the old shrine between S3&K and SA. Possibly even immediately after S3&K, as the ending has Sonic drop off the Master Emerald with Knuckles in Angel Island Zone.

the alterations to the Chaotix,
Knuckles Chaotix is not canon. The members of Team Chaotix were introduced as new characters. There's an interview out there stating something to that effect.

the introduction of G.U.N. and the establishment of their inteference in Robotnik-family-related affairs as far as 50 years back, and the sudden introduction of worldwide human cities with a President in a White House
The early games never said anything either way about any of this. Maybe some people think so, due to the games taking place on isolated islands and the influence of things like SatAM, but this is a mistake on the fans' part, not a retcon on Sega's. And, remember, Eggman is human. If one human exists, it's reasonable to assume others exist (these things don't just sprout out of the quantum foam, y'know).
  • Thumbs Up 3

The Japanese canon, which is what the new games go by, said that Sonic lived with humans, and that the planet had cities. (pic).

This is obviously an alternate canon, because in that canon, SONIC THE FLIPPIN' HEDGEHOG waits for a bus...[/sarcasm]

But seriously, wat?

Edited by Black Spy

If this game really is called Sonic the Hedgehog 4 I can only fear what will come out of this fanbase if it does not live up to the genesis's level of quality. Though I wouldn't jump to conclusions and call this game Sonic the Hedgehog 4 considering the fact that Sonic 1,2, and 3 each introduced a new playable character and "project needlemouse" is confirmed to be a sonic-solo game. I believe this game will be something of its own original genre but still make an attempt for the classic genesis feel. Take Sonic CD for example, its not a game of the original Sonic trilogy and had Sonic as the only playable character, but its still considered a classic Sonic game and possibly the best in the series, personally, I would jump out of my chair from excitement if this game was called Sonic CD 2. Though to be completely honest, I won't be surprised if Sega does label this game as Sonic the Hedgehog 4 just to raise the hype of the hard core classic Sonic fans. A part of me would like this game to be called Sonic 4 but another part of me just thinks the name Sonic 4 is a little overrated though I suppose if Sega plans to take a classic approach at this game, they might as well go all the way.

Bah! I thought a topic name change implied concrete new facts!

There are none.

You lied to me, Aquaslash.

-________-

That's what I love about TSSZ. Chronological order Logic has no purpose there! XD

Eat your heart out math!

Fixed.

Funny enough, the math remark still holds true.

Ha! In this case, there's going to be nerd rage regardless.

Personally, I'm curious to see if Sega can really live up to that.

EDIT: In answer to that, I want to see something like Eggmanland again. Like the last level needs to be Nintendo Hard.

Don't call it Nintendo Hard. There are plenty of hard games from other companies. But I agree on that the last level needs to be hard.

The trailer I'm referring to was the teaser from 9/9/09... at what point in time did I indicate that it was a new one?

I was just excited. No need to hammer my head off.

I've heard that trailer has disappeared from the fTP every now and then too. Is it just the trailer or the whole folder? The whole folder I'd understand, but just the trailer is quite weird. I wonder why.