Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

We have a third cover for #50, created by... Nibroc.Rock?!

Spoiler

FPjDureVgAMIplI?format=png&name=4096x409

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

17 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly really glad to see this. He's really talented and makes some stuff that's pretty much on par with Sega's own renders.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reminds me when Rafa Knight worked for the Archie comics. Hopefully IDW treats Nibroc.Rock better, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

52 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Reminds me when Rafa Knight worked for the Archie comics. Hopefully IDW treats Nibroc.Rock better, though.

Did Archie screw over Rafa Knight or something?

On 4/5/2022 at 5:09 AM, Sonictrainer said:

Hide contents

That cover art Is a work of art and amazing as well. I am definitely going to get that cover art when It comes out. To go with my rest of my IDW Sonic comics.

The Free Comic Book Day 2022 issue should be coming out today. However, not sure if it will be made available online, no sign of it listed on Amazon or anywhere. I remember the 2021 issue seemed to take a while until it was officially made available online.

• Thumbs Up 3

I prefer the perspective of the main cover but they both have their merits.

(and I'm replying to an older post then I realized. )

1 hour ago, Zulon Eredas said:

MotoBud. Love it

So dies my headcanon of Toby (moTOB(y)ug)

My brother wanted him to be called Whistle. Like "belles and whistles"

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

Googling around, it seems like the 2022 FCBD issue is now set for release on May 7th. Meaning we'll get #49 first on the 27th of April.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

We have a teaser of... something...

Hide contents

FQrXuGCVUAAlrQF?format=jpg&name=small

I wonder if this is one of the issue 50 covers. I love Evan’s art, even if something about the corner of Sonic’s mouth looks a bit odd here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, seems like a fair guess this will be Evan Stanley's #50 cover. I am enjoying how many variant covers we are getting for #50, even if it will be very infuriating for the collectors out there.

• Thumbs Up 2

If this is one of the issue 50 covers, I'll admit I'm not much of a fan. I prefer covers that are more dynamic or have a unique idea. This just seems to be all the characters we know looking right at the viewer, which we've already seen in a more interesting way for issue 30.

- Knuckles is back, as the issue 50/FCBD description predicted too

- Metal Sonic and it seems Eggman wins the fight?

- Kit is being helped by Tails

- Belle still her her badnik reprogramming plot judging from the covers

• Thumbs Up 3

I swear if they try to make Kit good. I hope he is playing possum to try and attack them at their base

Also where is Surge. I swear she better still be in action

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

- Knuckles is back, as the issue 50/FCBD description predicted too

- Metal Sonic and it seems Eggman wins the fight?

- Kit is being helped by Tails

- Belle still her her badnik reprogramming plot judging from the covers

Doesn’t sound like he wins since it sounds like he is taking advantage of the aftermath of the fight

34 minutes ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

I swear if they try to make Kit good. I hope he is playing possum to try and attack them at their base

Also where is Surge. I swear she better still be in action

I’m okay with Kit turning good. Not completely ‘for’ it, but if it happens I won’t complain. Really want Surge to stay bad though because we need more girl villains in IDW. 

I note both she and Starline are absent from all the 51 covers so far though.

43 minutes ago, caitash said:

I’m okay with Kit turning good. Not completely ‘for’ it, but if it happens I won’t complain. Really want Surge to stay bad though because we need more girl villains in IDW. 

I note both she and Starline are absent from all the 51 covers so far though.

We need more villains in general, and redemption is getting old in this franchise. It's happened with every other rival already and it's no longer interesting.

35 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

We need more villains in general, and redemption is getting old in this franchise. It's happened with every other rival already and it's no longer interesting.

Yeah, at first I was against either of them having a redemption but over time I’ve become indifferent to Kit, whichever way it goes. I get why it’s not to everyone’s liking. Probably isn’t going to happen though, for all we know Kit could be being ‘rescued’ against his will while he’s KO’d if he got recognised from a missing poster or something and then causes hell when he wakes up in the enemy camp. Who knows.

I’m still trying to work out if Belle looks happy or angry to be being flown out of there as well tbh. Covers can be misleading too.

Its a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE stretch but based on her line of eyesight maybe eggman tricks her into thinking of Metal Sonic as her Brother which technically he is.

Issue 51 sounds really really generic. Not really much interesting to say about it.

I feel that with the backstory of Surge and Kit, "half-redemption" could be interesting tho. They're more for the moment angry mistreated teen and child more than evil persons. Their motivation is taking revenge on the entire world for what they suffered, and I feel that with Sonic suffering several "I was wrong to believe in their capacity to be good" during the last chapters, it would be interesting to see him says "let's help them anywhere", especially as they didn't deserve all what happened to them, and for the moment they have been characterized as as much victims than villains. Which could add a layer to Sonic's vision of the world.

And if they "redeem", they might not become fully "good" but become in the place of "ennemies-rivals-but-not-full-on-monsters" (and big trouble-makers) against Sonic and Tails.

I feel that it would be a good "book ends" to the whole "trusting other too", and honestly it's been a while since our last redeemable "sad villain", so I wouldn't be against it. (and I wouldn't be against Flynn writing one, it's been a while since his last try - geoffrey - and I'm still frustrated that he didn't finish it, as it was maybe the most interesting use of the character ever).

So I'm kinda interested. Another possibility would be for Surge to have gone full-on villain while Kit have been saved, which would have separated the two, but I feel that Kit would have trouble to stand as a single character.