Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

With stories that are meant to go forever (like Sonic) killing popular character is pretty much always a bad idea.

I agree he needs a break though. Just put him a jail for year or two, once his Master Plan is done.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like Starline just fine, however I think the comic would benefit from a major death to raise the tension. 

It acts like a serious story, but there are hardly any lasting consequences. It would be cool even though killing Starline in particular wouldn't be a surprising twist considering the DBZ parallels. 

But it's the only character who has been fleshed out a lot and deserves this kind of ending, especially considering what happens in this issue. 

As I said, not now, but don't you think he will get killed off eventually? When his plot is 100% over. I would honestly rather have him die than return over and over for the sake of having recurring villains.

Killing a character off to "raise the stakes" is a very shallow reasoning to do that. There's no "right" way to kill off a character, but that's definitely the wrong way to do it. 

As mentioned, Sonic is an ongoing series with no definitive end to it. Killing off a major character will do more damage long term if another character can't fill that spot. 

As I mentioned, unless this series develops the other villains to a similar level as Starline, killing him off means that things are inevitably going to default back to Eggman. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Even if they go the route of killing him, then they're probably going to at least leave it ambigous until they find a way to bring him back into the picture. Comic book characters in general rarely stay dead, anyways. Also, I doubt they would show a full-on death in a kids' video game comic. They probably only got away with killing off the Diamond Cutters because we didn't really see them die, and they kinda needed to die to supplement Whisper's character.

Once Starline gets taken down, wouldn't it be rather poetic, not just ironic, if he was reduced to what Eggman was when they first met, an amnesiac carpenter. 

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I like Starline just fine, however I think the comic would benefit from a major death to raise the tension. 

It acts like a serious story, but there are hardly any lasting consequences. It would be cool even though killing Starline in particular wouldn't be a surprising twist considering the DBZ parallels. 

But it's the only character who has been fleshed out a lot and deserves this kind of ending, especially considering what happens in this issue. 

As I said, not now, but don't you think he will get killed off eventually? When his plot is 100% over. I would honestly rather have him die than return over and over for the sake of having recurring villains.

I’m sorry, but I thought we wanted more villains other than Eggman? When did this U-turn occur?

That’s not to say I don’t see your point, but that point only sets up a domino effect of validating people who say this towards characters they don’t like—people said this exact same shit about Shadow more than a decade ago, and then did the same shit when Archie Sonic was abruptly canceled and it’s character barred from use.

So no, we shouldn’t be wanting the death of a character for the sake of raising the stakes. We’ve already seen the mess people will start with that idea on numerous occasions.

Ideally, and ironically, you’d be better off with fates worse than death appropriate for this series—keeping the evil character alive, but having him suffer severely for his evil actions, something more along the lines of what Eggman did to Snively at the end of Scrambled.

Either way, we can just put him in the background rather than kill him off. We shouldn’t be demanding a death just because we’ve seen the character too much.

• Thumbs Up 4

The argument to keep Starline around isn't exactly compelling when the comic book has absolutely no trouble creating new villains to focus the story on, as we see with Surge and Kit and Clutch's apparent plans to rise in the background right now. People want him to get offed for the comeuppance for Surge and the effect it'd have for the story, which is perfectly fine. For me, I think he'd be deserving of it because his character basically revolves around his obsession with Eggman's approval and this is his obvious end-game, so if it eventually goes up in smoke and he can't accept the outcome, ending his character there would be a perfect bookend to a villain that might not have much use outside of that, other than for the sake of filling out a "villain roster". Villains with a clear beginning and ending to their story is honestly much more compelling than that concept imo.

I slightly doubt it'll happen though. He definitely wouldn't go out like Gero of all people, at the very least lol

I'm kinda neutral about Starline being killed. It could be a possibility, just that it shouldn't just be done for the sake of raising the stake. If they decide to go this road, it should serve the narrative. And as his narrative is entirely that Eggman will never aknowledge him, and see him now as a nuisance (which he is), I feel that the best closure is more him simply failing, seeing all his methodical efforts ruined by HIS own flaws, and I feel that an anti-climatic end, with him simply defeated and captured would be more fitting for this character.

He dream of being something "big", and ends up imprisoned like a normal criminal, without his gear, and without anybody wanting to liberate him as he burned every bridge possible and every other villain simply hates him.

Something un-remarkable, something that'll make him furious that he just... lost.

And if they want the "perfect book end", I see him more suffering a "death of personality", a bit like HywelAtTheMoon said. I agree that it would be somewhat poetic, because he would suffer the same fate that his idol Eggman before he made him ressurface - which would be ironic with his "wanting to be the better Eggman" goal. And it would also make him suffer the same fate that he did to Tinker, Surge and Kit, so it would kinda add to the "poetic"/"ironic" side of such a fate.

Not necesserally becoming someone like Mr. Tinker was, but loosing "who he was", and becoming "someone else".

• Thumbs Up 2

Raising stakes is a valid reason to kill off characters but this is a sonic comic. A present, active sonic character hasn't died in like 15 actual years. Most death is kept to backstories and framed ambiguously. It's clear they shifted the tone away from that kind of thing a long time ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

Comic book characters have a tendency not to stay dead anyway, so if you do decide to nix Starline, ironically all you would be doing is ensuring a dramatic reveal return to the spotlight in a year and a half.

Just let him take a step backwards while Infinite other villains drive the plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it would be cool if we got more villains that fit the classic archetypes that you see in most comic books. We’ve got some already.

Eggman: Arch Enemy. Mad scientist.

Clutch: Street level/Criminal Underworld (Think Kingpin).

All we’re missing is a magic based villain and a cosmic villain.

• Thumbs Up 1

as much as it pains me to say it, as I don't like those characters at all, we already have a magic based villain in the idw world

6 in fact. 

3 hours ago, Ducktor Naldush Repulsa said:

as much as it pains me to say it, as I don't like those characters at all, we already have a magic based villain in the idw world

6 in fact. 

None of them use magic

12 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

None of them use magic

Define “Magic.”

7 minutes ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Define “Magic.”

In a series like this where characters use all sorts of crazy powers, magic would be specifically stuff involving spells. Or, is explicitly referred to as "magic". 

The Zeti can do what they do because they're naturally able to. (..the six are the Zeti, right?)

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, it really didn't occur to me that I've just somehow neglected to actually give any dedicated thoughts or observations on the issues of the comic since the year started. I guess things really have been busy and unsteady thus far.

I guess I'll hit on each for the dak of brevity

Issue 46

Spoiler

Is this the one that first showed Surge and Kit on panel? Er, well, I vaguely actually talking about this and it's follow up, so not much to say. Not that I remember much outside of that, Not-Jimmy helping put out Belle's hand, and Amy threatening an old man to listen to Jewel.

Imposters Syndrome Part 1

Spoiler

Neat introduction to Surge and Kit following an obstacle course. Did a good job showing off their dynamic with each other as well as with Starline, though Kit somewhat intentionally could use a little more. Speaking of Kit, I really do like how casually submissive and yet incredibly powerful he is, with the leeway towards the fact that he's potentially sociopathic without his concern for Surge and obedience to Starline. 

Kudos to the scene in the lab where Surge starts to come undone when the gaps in her resolve start to become apparent to her, as well as the quiet moment of reality for Kit when she's asks him the breaking question--right before Starline uncaringly commands them to sleep in annoyance. The fact that it evidently came down to him neglecting to give them backstory behind their incredibly binary motivations was delightfully meta, not to mention a little deconstructive of otherwise in your face personalities like Surge.

Overall, really enjoyed seeing the Glitch Trio finally come together before in the base and out on the field and really interested to see their training come into play when interacting with the rest of the world.

Issue 47 

Spoiler

Also remember addressing this more clearly, but will reiterate that I hate that Whisper can't finally go back to actually doing things again without friggin Tangle attached and it was a little odd that Belle and Ashe evidently didn't tell Amy about the two figures. Also, bigger point for potential discussion, but bit of a shame Tails wasn't a little more prominent in Year 3 considering he's actually the one character Belle worked well with and actually shows a little characterization when around him.

Imposters Syndrome Part 2

Spoiler

Vaguely recall reacting to previews, but Starline's plan proper doesn't make sense to me and the issue ends up highlighting a massive issue with it when Surge starts thinking around the hypnosis and starts to go against what Starline expects of her. Her quoting It doesn't Matter was a little weird though.

Anyway, continued to get some nice character moments from her, Starline, and Kit in this. In particular, Starline's reflection on how things have changed was once again put on display when he revisits the [Egg]an cave and  his occasional campiness with the clapping Antons(which notably had a leader unit in Lost World) & his little Vector-esque dance was well timed; likewise, Surge's simplistic way of looking at things is emphasized, and Kit's own propensity towards violent destruction is put on display when she'd been effectively killed by a Super Badnik. Speaking of which, wasn't entirely sure what we're supposed to get read from that; like obviously she wasn't gonna die here, but you don't put a scene in like that unless it means something. We know she needs to be tough enough to fight Sonic and was presumably made with Starline's philosophical conversation with Zavok in mind, but still.

The one thing I'm not too keen on is Surge and Kit evidently planning to turn against Starline in just their second issue, although I've already talked about that. Perhaps Starline will find a way to successfully spin it so that they end up remaining loyal enough, but it nonetheless feels like a waste as well as a sudden turn for their characters.

Issue 48 

Spoiler

Hate that I never got around to talking about this one the most since I was actually looking forward to it. Great to see the Chaotix finally get the limelight again, not to mention having the Skunk Bros climb out of effectively being forgotten. Was not expecting Clutch to come back here though, particularly with how he ended up being the centerpiece of the issue.

Like sure, Rough and Tumble haven't really gotten to be much since their initial appearances, but I kinda expected their shenanigans since Bad Guys to be a noteworthy point here. It makes enough sense once you realize they were likely in it for the weapons as usual and are the sort of riffraff a kingpin like Clutch could use, but they also kinda swore off of working with other villains last time. As for Clutch himself, his performance overall has been ...mixed: he kinda gets back some of the consummate class he had back in his debut, but still feels the need to be a upright prick in how he deals with others like in Part 2/3; like, he really stood there and admitted that he's effectively aiming to be a black market crimelord after his hobby in retirement got ruined by Team Rose and then looked shocked when Vector dropped all of the weaponry he was gonna flood the streets with in the ocean. Aw well, at least he evidently stands to give the Chaotix a personal villain to be on the lookout for.

And yeah, their city dwelling gumshoe shenanigans really allowed this issue to carry a welcomed different vibe than most of the comic tends to have. The start with Nite&Don was fun(even if I feel a little bad for the latter having his show highjacked), the bit where they're on the highway was a great brickjoke(hope they didn't get any tickets), and their interactions with the civilians was also fun(almost didn't notice the cafe guy from the Sonic X pitch before Crinkly Wrinkly showed up). Another thing I did NOT expect to ever come back was Vector's Classic association with Rap--that's effectively a Penders thing that I assumed wouldn't come back given Vector seems to be a more classic Bronx type in the Modern universe.

Overall, nice issue I forgot was a one shot; wish there were more like it.

Imposters Syndrome Part 3

Spoiler

Will touch on later :p

On 2/23/2022 at 7:17 AM, Kuzu said:

This definitely felt like a filler issue, but:

1) It was one issue as opposed to being stretched out across 3-4 issues like Trial by Fire was. Much more tolerable as a result.

2) Sets up future stories with who I guess will be our Team Hooligan 2.0

Just those two things alone make me appreciate this more than I would have normally. Might be a low bar to clear, but one major issue I've had with the comics is their need to stretch content as much as possible to keep readers hooked monthly. I get it because that's just how American comics work but it makes it no less annoying. Its not as egregious though if the issue is a one-shot.

I honestly didn't think of the Hooligan parallel, but I think you're right.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:05 AM, bingboomer said:

i liked vector doing a rhyme battle with the skunk bros. it was both funny and cool untill charmy ruined it. and the skunk bros are two of my fave villains in the sonic idw universe. And charmy has a cool point too trying to battle. im past caring about clutch though. but good chapter anyway. 

On 2/23/2022 at 12:16 PM, LukA8 said:

#48 certainly felt more like an appetizer of what a Chaotix mini could be like - the little character moments were nice and I'm very glad we got this after their disappointing involvement in Zeti Hunt, but having to cram it into 20 pages became very noticeable at the end, with the villain's monologue and the sudden ending leaving not much of a resolution for the trio.

It might have fit better after the milestone storyline, where it would have more time to breathe and feel less disconnected to the build-up of the impostors. Even if the Chaotix had learned about Kit and Surge, there wouldn't have been much point since Sonic might already know from Belle.

Interested to see where Clutch's threat of "coming out of retirement" will go though, especially since he was such a pushover in his first appearance. Comparisons to the Hooligans seem inevitable right now.

True enough.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:49 PM, Slashy said:

I might be the only one who wanted things to be lower stakes from Metal Virus, but I feel like a few problems have arised.

A. Stories are poorly paced and feel kind of crazy given their length. Something like the Chao Races and Trial By Fire could have just been two issues, the latest issue would have benefitted from being two-four issues to actually let a mystery develop.

B. Belle is just not that compelling of a character to build a series of stories around and her conflict is underdeveloped and I am not seeing where it is supposed to go from here. She doesn't play off the characters well like someone like Emerl did in Battle.

C. There is still too much emphasis on promoting future stories rather than focusing on the current story being told. It seems too afraid to actually commit to being episodic for a while and I think that hurts it.

D. I think the character writing while solid is still basic even when we get a good bit of character drama like Tangle wanting to leave the Restoration it is given little screentime to actually do anything with it. Trial By Fire could have been an opportunity to play up the formula and have the central conflict be character focused instead of spending two issues trying to stop a fire that I expect most of our main cast to be capable of.

We have seen the Sonic cast work in this setting X did it a few times well in its first two seasons, Boom did it. You can argue Battle did it really well given how character centric it is.

That's what happens when you take a One shot annual story idea and try to use it as an overarching plot point without enough fine tuning. 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:38 AM, Kazhnuz said:

I really like the potential of a Clutch, Rough et Tumble team, especially as it can give more direction to the two skunk brother. About the issue I really liked the characterization of the Chaotix here, they were really fun ! I really like how Evan Stanley characterise the characters, they tend to be a bit more colorful and quirky, and it works a lot to sell them to me.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:08 AM, Red Hot Jack said:

I agree, I also noticed how Evan writes the cast a lot more vibrant and alive than Ian, more fun in general. The Chaotix should do more detective stuff, I also agree on this.

I'm not sure about fun self contained stories to be honest, I like them but they are also pointless, leading nowhere, I really prefer this format even if the pacing is strange, slow at times and the good stuff is being saved for a miniseries.

Belle and Starline are still to me, the most interesting thing in this season. But yeah I am starting to get bored of them, thankfully Belle's arc is ending next issue.

They are certainly the most interesting of the original characters, although they are a bit overused.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:08 AM, Red Hot Jack said:

I also heard Ian planned a cool story arc for Surge and Kit that Sega rejected and instead opted for something which made Ian say "ok, this is just the DBZ clone saga". I am kinda worried Sega killed the plot.

No, he planned a different origin for them-- they probably weren't bionically enhanced originally.

On 2/24/2022 at 3:04 PM, KoDaiko said:

So were the Skunk bros were initially created to fill in Surge and Kit's place?

Haven't seen the Bumblekast in question, but saw TKP talking about it recently:
"Ian clarified that the original plan for introducing Surge and Kit alongside Starline would, in fact, have meant doing the Imposter Syndrome storyline during the Metal Virus Saga, on top of everything else that was already happening in that arc."

And then Sega gave some alternate story ideas, Ian went with it cuz why not, some readers pointed out the similarities, and now we are here. We dunno how it would've played out so it's kinda harsh to say Sega killed the plot. Tbh I think Sega made the right decision to postpone their introduction. It was either that or Ian going back and fix his Y2 plan (like postponing MV) so it wouldn't be so clustered.

The problem was Ian & Evan had trouble pacing/connecting all the short filler stories with the Starline/IP plot PLUS the milestone buildup, made worse by the fact they decided to retcon add Belle into the mix (iirc she wasn't in the plan originally).

I don't think so, given Surge and Kit were supposed to be introduced well after them, but I have wondered if perhaps they would've reappeared elsewhere.

On 2/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Because from a pure pacing standpoint, several of these issues that affect and mess around with the pace of the narrative could've been cut had Starline just been split out of it. As I said, two issues alone are there solely to deal with whenever Starline decides to rear his head into the plot. And to me, Starline's random injection into plots he has absolutely nothing to do with is what hurts these stories.

Not for his sole inclusion, but because the plain fact is both time and focus has to be taken away from whatever the main arc is in order to shove in Starline's plots, plots that frankly have very little to do with the point at hand. Starline brings little purpose to Chao Races and Badnik Bases beyond dragging Shadow into the mix, and it results in the brand new villain they're trying to introduce being sidelined and overshadowed in his literal introduction

Similarly, despite Zeti Hunt essentially being the true conclusion to the plot threads given to us in the Metal Virus arc, and built up as the big Zeti story, a story where Ian was promising to switch tracks and do something entirely different with the Zeti, to make it seem like their biggest threat yet, it somehow turns out even worse than CR and BB because whereas Clutch at least got three issues of his arc, every plot beat involving the Zeti are basically rushed and forced to share their own conclusion with Starline's nonsense. 

Because of the fact that they had to shove in Starline's narrative into the arc, this results in the Zeti at best getting two and a half issues worth of content in their own arc, and the very premise of the arc itself (IE - the hunt) being rushed into one issue, and their big scheme being even more pathetically bare bones than their other schemes because they needed to consolidate the action into one central location in order to jump between Starline and the Zeti. The sheer fact that both the conclusions to Zeti Hunt and Chao Races & Badnik Bases are wrapups for Starline over the main villains that are supposed to be the stars of the arc says it all. 

This is basically like in Archie, if Eggman had randomly popped in at the end of Enerjak Reborn to immediately assault and attack everyone after Knuckles is depowered, and they spend another issue fighting him off, or if Enerjak suddenly showed up at the end of Eggman Empire, clicked his fingers, snapped away Eggman, and we spent an issue dealing him with attacking New Mobotropolis instead. Why is this random villain intruding onto an arc they have absolutely nothing to do with, and stealing the spotlight from the arc's central antagonist?

And the reason I say Starline's inclusion hurts the pacing isn't subjective is plain and simple - each arc already is competing hard for page count and space to breath within condensed four issue arcs, exactly the same way as Archie Sonic, Archie Mega Man, and so on. It's one thing to have to deal with one villain or group of villains, but if you're going to forcefully interject another villain into the mix, that then means that those villains have to just straight up fight for page count and content to fit everything in.

Things have to be rushed, things have to be consolidated, things have to be cut in order to fit it all in, and more often than not, it's either the main story, or the main villain that's getting hurt because of Starline, who to be perfectly blunt - has appeared far more than enough in the last 30 issues of the series at this point.

Why did we need Starline showing up in Chao Races and Badnik Bases, especially when Bad Guys was ongoing at the same time? Not only did it just end up spoiling Bad Guys' plot (Both the Tri-Core and the fact that he'd ditched the other villains already), but he didn't even have much of a purpose beyond giving Shadow a ass-kicking and forcing him to be a little introspective. 

Why did we need to shove Starline into Zeti Hunt, an arc based entirely around concluding the Metal Virus and tying up the Zeti's plot with their 'biggest' attack yet? Why couldn't we just leave him out altogether, take out Trial by Fire, or hell - any of the filler issues, and just give Starline his own proper arc before #50 where we deal with him kidnapping Belle and maybe having an arc with Sonic and the Chaotix trying to find her? Or hell - again - just insert Imposter Syndrome back into the main series because that's where the actual important build-up is currently happening.

Right now, everything's spinning their heels because A. Year 3's arcs have had their pacing hurt due to needing to shove Starline in to build-up #50, a goal that in my opinion - has not been done the greatest, meanwhile this has the effect of rushing the plot beats and hurting the main villains of the arc.

B. Because of Imposter Syndrome going on right now as a miniseries, and for some reason, IDW deciding to stretch out the main series until #50 with a rotating monthly release, this means now that we have the main series spinning it's wheels until IS finishes up, when had things been better paced, and the issue counts were tightened up, we probably could've just inserted IS into the main series instead - IMO at least.

C. At least a few issues could've been cut, and/or used on other plot threads, had the plots not had to constantly battle Starline for attention and page count. It also would've made things far more refreshing when Starline finally did come back to reveal his master plan instead of - again - showing up randomly and spinning his wheels until #50 came.

And Trial by Fire, in my opinion, despite being the storyline that's felt extremely filler-y is IMO - still the one that uses Starline the best. Because he is still at the heart of the conflict in a way, because Surge and Kit are the ones causing the inciting incident and causing Belle to believe she's the one who caused the forest fire. But that's where their involvement stops, and that's IMO where it worked best, where it was used for foreshadowing and used to tie things into the main plot, but also not focused on to the level that Starline just because the main conflict, and the story was allowed to just exist on it's own terms without trying to battle for screen time and page count, especially when Imposter Syndrome is already running at the exact same time.

The problem was Trial by Fire was also just an inconsequential story occurring at frankly - the worst possible time. I don't really think Starline not being there contributes to it's problems, it's just a slice of life story that was badly placed in the timeline IMO.

Starline is a definitely a basebreaking factor by this point in time.

On one hand, he is arguably the best addition to the cast and usually brings along some interesting commentary on top of how he influences the plot. But on the other hand, he has been used the most because of that and thus his inclusion throughout Year 3 generally proved to distract from what the arcs he popped into were about.

I honestly didn't think much about this in Chao Races and Badnik Bases, since that story beat had already wrapped up by the time he unveiled himself and he simply acted as a surprise antagonist that gave Belle & Tails a moment--while I suppose you could say his involvement may have played a part in Clutch taking a dive in intrigue and even then, I still blame Shadow more for being a more total hijacker already on top of the other issues he had accrued.

With Zeti Hunt however, yeah, he unambiguously played a part in that arc not living up to it's promise. I remember when we got the one variant cover of him creeping on Belle and immediately going, "oh no, why does he need to be here?" And sure enough, he ultimately reduced them to convenient distractions while he makes off with her and had a considerable amount of the final issue dedicated to the two of them instead. It'd have been hard for the Chaotix, Jewel, and the split up Deadly Six members to have an interesting set of manhunts and mindgames if Starline was gonna be there trying to get his webbed hands on Belle, resulting in them regrouping in Part 1 and going to the Restoration Headquarters so that they can yet again fight Sonic in cramped space. 

Ultimately, his little kidnapping could've been an issue unto itself since it simply didn't blend in with the rest of the third arc, unlike his appearance in the first one.

On 2/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, Wraith said:

Starline was a much needed adrenaline shot in Chao Bases and his scene with Bell is by far the best thing about Zeti Hunt. It might be the best scene Evan's written since she took over. I don't particularly love the character but I can't see him as the issue. 

I thought Flynn did all the writing for that one?

On 3/1/2022 at 12:17 PM, Sonictrainer said:

THIS

I need Team Milk (Honey, Big, & Blaze) to be a reality.

...btw, are Surge & Kit a bad matchup for the Deadly 6, since they have metal skeletons?

Er, depends.

Master Zik is easily the biggest threat, since his telekinesis could potentially redirect their own energy back at them. Zavok would hypothetically be capable of taking on Surge since she's basically an electrified Sonic, depending on whether it's enough to paralyze him or not.

Although it does remind me that another missed opportunity from Zeti Hunt was how they didn't play around with whether they could control or at least influence Belle, which they are possible capable of doing.

I think Starline's death would be a nice touch to say the truth. His goal of surpassing Eggman and everytime he tries to make right what he believes that Eggman did wrong shows that each step he takes puts him in more danger.

Eggman knows how to improvise, work outside the plan, and he have the competitive nature and crazyness to put himself in the biggest of dangers and the tenacity to get out of this things alive. Starline it's diferent, he believes that the route with less risks is the right one, he works on the defensive by plots and minions, he's outmatched and got in more dangerous defeats everytime he tries his way, like it was with Zavok and Mimic.

So it would be poetic, he dies thanks to his greatest creations because he literally did what Eggman didn't and simply because he isn't the Eggman.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

we have 2 covers for STH #50

Reveal hidden contents

FOIAJU9XMBY_QAQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409FOIAVTSX0AA2mBM?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I love the retail incentive cover! Dr. Starline looks completely unhinged now. 

On 2/28/2022 at 5:33 PM, HywelAtTheMoon said:

On 3/1/2022 at 10:22 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

They are keeping some characters out of comic, that isn't great. Although to be fair, we could use 2nd book before adding more people.

Question, if we could get 1 'banned' character, who would you pick? Sally? Sticks? Someone else?

My priority is on either rival, archenemy, or supporting characters for specific game characters, so picking just one asks that they be able to give them more to do at maximum potential.

Scourge, Archimedes, Miles Kragok, Helmut, Xenin, Mogul, and any of the Destructix are asking for a lot and are off limits.

Fiona, Finitevus, and Thrash were always neat, but they require a combination of context and baggage be brought in with them. 

Crocbot and especially Octobot are kind of whatever.

The Hooligans, Battlekukkus, and Witchcarters are classic only.

I know Flynn himself has wanted Eclipse back to give Shadow something to do; which fair enough, I just prefer vastly someone else get the spotlight at this point. Relic is the only other one that comes to mind as having no strings attached and that might depend on whether Sega likes Knuckles having company to keep.

Bokkun is the only character from X that'd actually sorta work as an addition to the game cast without crossing into mandate territory, aside from the human Topaz anyway.

And as far as Boom is concerned(with Sticks effectively being a game character anyway), I personally wanted to see Charlie and Belinda be Segafied.

The only other character of that ilk that could be brought back with little issue off the top of my head is Null Mind and that's partly because he/she never actually got to be publicly characterized  aside from being something for Blaze to do.

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

we have 2 covers for STH #50

Reveal hidden contents

FOIAJU9XMBY_QAQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409FOIAVTSX0AA2mBM?format=jpg&name=4096x409

*looks at the price* Oh...it's standard length? NGL little disappointed about that. Was kinda hoping they'd go double length and with all the talk of Ian and Evan working together on this storyline I was expecting them to both be writing #50.

The retail incentive cover is so much better than the main one. Why would they make it so bland, especially for a milestone issue?

• Fist Bump 1