Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Plot description for issue 52

Spoiler
Every Badnik is on high alert in Eggperial City! It’s going to take some quick thinking from Sonic and crew to escape undetected. Meanwhile, Surge plots her comeback— she needs more power, and she needs it now.

Annual 2022:

Spoiler

It’s a little mangled, it’s kind of jumbled, it’s the 2022 annual with Rough & Tangle and Rouge & Tumble! Writers Ian Flynn, Evan Stanley & Gigi Dutreix, Aaron Hammerstrom, Daniel Barnes, Ian Mutchler, and India Swift bring to readers six new heartwarming stories of unlikely pairs.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, caitash said:

Covers for issue 52:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Based on #52 solicit the Surge and Kit partnership already ended. Which is good for Kit if he means he start to develop a backbone, but I find it a bit disappointing because I was looking forward to see the duo act as free agent adversaries.

Cover A for the 2020 Annual is adorable and I want it now. Judging by the covers, of the 6 stories, it looks like we have: Blaze & Cream, Rough & Tangle, Rouge & Rumble, and Omega & Gemerl. Interesting stuff. Some new writers as well for some of these stories too.

As for issues #51 and #52:

Spoiler

I think splitting up Surge and Kit should be interesting. Just because Kit may be tempted by the side of good doesn't mean he won't rejoin Surge again down the road...

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, knuckles20 said:

Hide contents

Based on #52 solicit the Surge and Kit partnership already ended. Which is good for Kit if he means he start to develop a backbone, but I find it a bit disappointing because I was looking forward to see the duo act as free agent adversaries.

Spoiler

Don't underestimate Kit

Linkara done a review of the Tangle and Whisper miniseries 

Got to admit, Diamond Death sounds waaay better then the Guardian Angel of the Battlefield.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell, the sound of “Diamond Death” just rolls so smoothly—sounds menacingly angelic!

• Thumbs Up 1

No idea if related to the above, but Amazon emailed me to say my digital pre-order of issue 50 got pushed back by a week to 29 June (previously 22 June). 

1 hour ago, caitash said:

No idea if related to the above, but Amazon emailed me to say my digital pre-order of issue 50 got pushed back by a week to 29 June (previously 22 June). 

Are they delaying the book again?

• My Emmerdoods 1

24 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Are they delaying the book again?

Not sure, Previews World is still showing it as 22 June but the email notification from Amazon was only 8 hours ago so maybe other places didn’t update yet or maybe Amazon/Kindle have got misinformation? We’ve had a lot of 1 week (or more…) delays from IDW Sonic though so not exactly unbelievable at this point.

It's a week delayed because it's got more pages than normal and very elaborate art.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not the first time we've had a delay, although it has been a while since it happened. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Fonseca said:

It's a week delayed because it's got more pages than normal and very elaborate art.

That makes sense.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:05 PM, SanPolo4389 said:

If you look too closely at Cover B, you'll find Eggman to be a big fat meanie, someone came to make an announcement, when the impostor is sus, and that a certain someone got trolled.

There's a lot more to be found, a buncha cute references, but I'm talking about the ones that are a bit different from what you might expect!

Glad it’s only delayed because of the art. Well, by ‘only’ I’m meaning it’s better to be delayed because of one or more of the steps involved in production and not because of copyright claims. Phew!

12 hours ago, caitash said:

Glad it’s only delayed because of the art. Well, by ‘only’ I’m meaning it’s better to be delayed because of one or more of the steps involved in production and not because of copyright claims. Phew!

I hope that's all it is too.

Does anyone else think the comics are in general so boring and slow moving? This excludes certain arcs like the Metal virus and Imposter Syndrome. This arc is terrible, I'm just waiting for #50, I might read the next one but it's gonna drag out again like the start of this arc. 

Kind of comes with the territory of it being a monthly series, so it can't be helped.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Kind of comes with the territory of it being a monthly series, so it can't be helped.

Yeah but certain Marvel and DC comics are way more interesting and action filled than Sonic comics. The Sonic comics are good but only at the end.

43 minutes ago, dudebro1993 said:

Does anyone else think the comics are in general so boring and slow moving? This excludes certain arcs like the Metal virus and Imposter Syndrome. This arc is terrible, I'm just waiting for #50, I might read the next one but it's gonna drag out again like the start of this arc. 

I'm actually liking the comics. I really like the character moments throughout this series.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm actually liking the comics. I really like the character moments throughout this series.

Fair enough. The comics are good for people who like certain characters as they get to shine more but not for others unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, dudebro1993 said:

Yeah but certain Marvel and DC comics are way more interesting and action filled than Sonic comics. The Sonic comics are good but only at the end.

Sonic is also a comic primarily for kids compared to Marvel and DC's output.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Kuzu said:

Sonic is also a comic primarily for kids compared to Marvel and DC's output.

Just because it's for kids doesn't mean it has to be boring. Look at the Metal Virus saga, that was great and action packed. I just wished it took faster to reach the climax.