Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

11 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

What's the source?

4 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

It was here.

Additionally, I did a write-up of what I believed was overall supposed to happen in those arcs and a few before them.

Sonic is getting really tired & Whisper is showing her emotional side. Interesting to see what happens next.

The Two-World becomes easier to accept if we look at the many other worlds of Sonic:

Mobius, Earth, Little Planet, Planet Wisp, Lot Hex, Donpa Kingdom, Babylon, Sol Dimension

37 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

The Two-World becomes easier to accept if we look at the many other worlds of Sonic:

Mobius, Earth, Little Planet, Planet Wisp, Lot Hex, Donpa Kingdom, Babylon, Sol Dimension

The latter six places are all directly acknowledged as being non-terrestrial within their respective narratives, and the characters aren’t exactly able to just come and go to them as they please (unless you’re Blaze), which the anthro/human worlds are clearly not.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Forgetful Panda said:

The latter six places are all directly acknowledged as being non-terrestrial within their respective narratives, and the characters aren’t exactly able to just come and go to them as they please (unless you’re Blaze), which the anthro/human worlds are clearly not.

That's true

1 hour ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Sonic is getting really tired & Whisper is showing her emotional side. Interesting to see what happens next.

Apparently, Whisper may have been emotional all along and if so, then what we've seen thus far is truly the result of Mimic's actions.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Mobius, Earth, Little Planet, Planet Wisp, Lost Hex, Donpa Kingdom, Babylon, Sol Dimension

Insert Nicolas Cage Face Here.

1 hour ago, Forgetful Panda said:

Six? The Lost Hex seems a lot more accessible than Planet Wisp.

I wonder how Shadow (or a Phantom Ruby clone of him) come into play in her story. Is that it's a Phantom Ruby clone that killed her old gang ? Or maybe that it was because of Shadow that she couldn't help them somehow ? Or that she was angry of Shadow simply because how he acted reminded her of something that was related to the death of her old gang ?

Here's another question: Was it stated exactly what the Diamond Cutters are?

2 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

I wonder how Shadow (or a Phantom Ruby clone of him) come into play in her story. Is that it's a Phantom Ruby clone that killed her old gang ? Or maybe that it was because of Shadow that she couldn't help them somehow ? Or that she was angry of Shadow simply because how he acted reminded her of something that was related to the death of her old gang ?

Oh shoot, I almost forgot that detail.

Those are good questions.

17 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

In Episode Shadow of Sonic Forces, Eggman hired a bunch of mercenary gangs to defend one of his bases, including Jackal Squad with Infinite, of which Shadow tore through with ease. Perhaps that’s related to Whisper’s grudge against him?

4 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

In Episode Shadow of Sonic Forces, Eggman hired a bunch of mercenary gangs to defend one of his bases, including Jackal Squad with Infinite, of which Shadow tore through with ease. Perhaps that’s related to Whisper’s grudge against him?

Yeah, that was one of my initial guesses.

I don't remember having several mercenary teams mentionned, but it could easily be just me, or even retconned by the comic (as it's not supposed to be 1:1 the same continuity). It would especially interesting, as it would change the meaning of Mimic having "sold them", and could be that Whisper survived because she didn't want to work for Eggman (and it would explain her guilt, that would be survivor guilt, and why Mimic used that she was "not here" when they died). Her hatred against Eggman and Mimic could be because both knew it was a suicide mission as Shadow was too powerful, but didn't care.

The only thing that bother me is that her grudge against Shadow seems with that pretty low-key, compared to the blind rage she show against Mimic and Eggman. It could be explained, but it seems a bit strange.

What's interesting is that it also could be something completely different.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

The only thing that bother me is that her grudge against Shadow seems with that pretty low-key, compared to the blind rage she show against Mimic and Eggman. It could be explained, but it seems a bit strange.

It's possible that if it wasn't for Sonic establishing that Shadow's with them early on, she'd have voided him already.

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Don't forget about this place.

the_frontier_world__warps_of_confusion__

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope we are going to see some concept art of Mimic! it was really cool to see Starline's development in his character design and I am curious of Mimic went trough the same thing

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Don't forget about this place.

the_frontier_world__warps_of_confusion__

That is excellent.

This must be where Blaze lives. A lively place where nothing's ever the same.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

That is excellent.

28 minutes ago, antyep said:

I think that’s the Special Zone

Yeah, you can see the Sonic 3 version to the right and Sonic is running on the Knuckles Chaotix version.

Where did this image come from, btw? @MainJP

• Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Duuude, I'm trippin out somethin cereal!

The people who live there must be trippin everyday,

SUnqiPi.jpg8xS88X7.jpg

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, you can see the Sonic 3 version to the right and Sonic is running on the Knuckles Chaotix version.

Where did this image come from, btw? @MainJP

https://www.deviantart.com/liris-san/art/The-Frontier-World-Warps-of-Confusion-469026556

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

That is excellent.

Not Blaze, but Fang does.

1 minute ago, MainJP said:

The people who live there must be trippin everyday,

SUnqiPi.jpg8xS88X7.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/liris-san/art/The-Frontier-World-Warps-of-Confusion-469026556

Not Blaze, but Fang does.

Ch'yeah. :lol: Wonder if those two in particular are really that different, though.

Oh it's Fanart! I thought it was some obscure Lost World Concept Art or something.

I'm honestly convinced that that's a slight mistranslation referencing his role in Triple Trouble.

13 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wonder if those two in particular are really that different, though.

What u mean?

Oh it's Fanart! I thought it was some obscure Lost World Concept Art or something.

Looks better than Lost World. You can see the Sonic 1 mazes, the 2 half-pipes, 3&K planets and Chaotix tubes. It's dope.

I'm honestly convinced that that's a slight mistranslation referencing his role in Triple Trouble.

It's straight from the Japanese manual. It literally says he lives there.

12 minutes ago, MainJP said:

What u mean?

The city in the first could also be the one in the second.

13 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Looks better than Lost World. You can see the Sonic 1 mazes, the 2 half-pipes, 3&K planets and Chaotix tubes. It's dope.

Uh?

I meant that it looks similar to some of Lost World's concept art, such as Silent Forest.

13 minutes ago, MainJP said:

It's straight from the Japanese manual. It literally says he lives there.

Which doesn't really make sense, but okay.