Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, JezMM said:

Dealbreaker can go any ways, I mean as in what you say, for some the fact that you can play it handheld is what swayed your decision.

Oh, I generally thought that dealbreaker is what makes not want to choose it. I guess it can go both ways.

9 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Honestly assuming you're planning to play the game as oppose to masturbate furiously to the graphics, the Switch version is the only one which you'll be able to play on the go, which I'm sure is a significant dealbreaker for many players.

Well... *puts lotion away* not... furiously...

But seriously though, this is the first title in a long while that Sonic Team seems to be giving two shits about in the technical category. I can't help but be psyched in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

Dealbreaker can go any ways, I mean as in what you say, for some the fact that you can play it handheld is what swayed your decision.

Actually, if we're talking a positive light, that's deal sealer, not deal breaker.

Just now, Lady Soniko said:

Thanks, I really really wanted to expel my drink from my nostrils whilst reading this thread.

I've been laughing about Mass Effect on twitter all day, the last place I expected to see it was in this thread lmao.

The best part is she even has an Eggman nose.

Just now, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Actually, if we're talking a positive light, that's deal sealer, not deal breaker.

That was exactly what I was thinking, so I was kinda confused when they said it was a deal breaker.

Here's what I want in this game, the exact plot...

Eggman has lost to Sonic so many times, and at long last he has gone bat sh@$ psychopathic crazy and is on a malevolent warpath to destroy and kill as much as he possibly can. He doesn't care whatsoever about ruling anything anymore, he's just mass producing bots and giant devastators and sending them flying through the world taking everything down at once, now sick of not only Sonic but the world itself and wants nothing more than to die in his own flames of chaos as he watches his past ambitions burn down with him.

Just, you know, to balance the "Hyuck hyuck ho ho hoooo!!" Eggman we've had for ten years now or so.

24 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Or...

Maybe this is happening...?

at__eggman_and_tails_by_cheroy-d770h8e.p

(Edit)

Of course, now knowing who's producing the game... Maybe THIS is more of a possibility...?

eggman_empire_tails_by_dark_amy_rose-d3e

All your friends are belong to Eggman.

Plot twist: future Tails has actually killed Eggman and usurped all his technology. The world is still being conquered in the name of 'Eggman' but nobody has seen Eggman in years because everything is secrely being controlled behind the scenes by Tails.

You know, like that Gargoyles episode 'Future Tense':

58ccaa5f10435_CyborgLexington.thumb.png.47e21f590326ee2f7a6a15fee88436d0.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Strickerx5 said:

Well... *puts lotion away* not... furiously...

But seriously though, this is the first title in a long while that Sonic Team seems to be giving two shits about in the technical category. I can't help but be psyched in that regard.

Oh don't get me wrong of course, I'll be double dipping into the PC and Switch versions to do both, if I can afford to do so lol.

Just now, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Turns out it doesn't screenshot well due to Chip's rapid animation so just imagine a reaction image of his "I know I learned something here today" line here. =B

• Thumbs Up 3

I keep making the connections to BotW funnily enough, the reason I'm so turnt up about this game is the fact it's set in a world where Eggman finally wins against Sonic? Like that's the reason why I love BotW because the Hero doesn't always win, and as far as Sonic goes this is a breathe of fresh air to see Sonic lose once in a while, maybe we'll get some serious character development where he isn't an obnoxious jokester and will indeed reflect on the gravity of the situation at hand.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

...but the world itself and wants nothing more than to die in his own flames of chaos as he watches his past ambitions burn down with him.

I don't think we really need anything like this happening. Not bashing the idea of having dark stories in Sonic games, but...it's just going to be a very jarring shift when Eggman isn't like this in the next game. Just build on that idea from Lost World where Eggman doesn't mind the world being basically a wasteland if he can just start over.

4 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Plot twist: future Tails has actually killed Eggman and usurped all his technology. The world is still being conquered in the name of 'Eggman' but nobody has seen Eggman in years because everything is secrely being controlled behind the scenes by Tails.

You know, like that Gargoyles episode 'Future Tense':

58ccaa5f10435_CyborgLexington.thumb.png.47e21f590326ee2f7a6a15fee88436d0.png

Naw, the idea of a psychopathic kill frenzy Eggman appeals more to me.

Watching as his machines go into meltdown mode from all the mass production going on, but he doesn't care.

His fleets all over the world blowing everything up and killing one after another.

All with a malicious grin on his face as his machines blow up behind him, still spitting out bots...

28850184928231d10fdce77df9890589.jpg

(Edit)

Do I fap to an actually scary/evil Eggman? Yes... Yes I do.

Eggman never gives up man. Also I don't think he would really care if he gets to rule the world even if it has nothing left on it. As far as Eggman is concerned the world would be much better if it was filled with robots and theme parks n stuff. Eggman is like a teacher, but a bad one. He wants everyone to listen to him and doesn't really care what the students think and ultimetaly that's why he ended up as a madman hellbent on world domination instead of as a bossy teacher like he originally wanted to.   

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty sure Eggman will be the same evil and goofy doctor. But this time with more emphasis on evil.

• Thumbs Up 5

We're already talking about fapping to Eggman and Mass Effect memes? I think we've hit a new record!

How much are we gonna bet another Baldy McNosehair namedrop in this game? I placing all my Bounce Pads on it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Please no. Even when I was 10 in... 2010 I found that joke terrible.

(Just drop Pontac and Graff please, keep them working other media that isn't Sonic.)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Lady Soniko said:

I keep making the connections to BotW funnily enough, the reason I'm so turnt up about this game is the fact it's set in a world where Eggman finally wins against Sonic? Like that's the reason why I love BotW because the Hero doesn't always win, and as far as Sonic goes this is a breathe of fresh air to see Sonic lose once in a while, maybe we'll get some serious character development where he isn't an obnoxious jokester and will indeed reflect on the gravity of the situation at hand.

I just hope this isn't one of those alternate timeline things. The ideal for me is a cutscene at the beginning where Sonic actually makes a crucial mistake like Unleashed. 

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Here's what I want in this game, the exact plot...

Eggman has lost to Sonic so many times, and at long last he has gone bat sh@$ psychopathic crazy and is on a malevolent warpath to destroy and kill as much as he possibly can. He doesn't care whatsoever about ruling anything anymore, he's just mass producing bots and giant devastators and sending them flying through the world taking everything down at once, now sick of not only Sonic but the world itself and wants nothing more than to die in his own flames of chaos as he watches his past ambitions burn down with him.

Just, you know, to balance the "Hyuck hyuck ho ho hoooo!!" Eggman we've had for ten years now or so.

...So, Eggman Nega.

Cause when you turn Eggman into that, you get Eggman Nega. Particularly when he can't keep up his polite facade anymore.

• Thumbs Up 7

Now I REALLY want Baldy McNosehair to be namedropped in the game, just to see the vile disgust everyone has!

I shouldn't be anywhere near developing Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Naw, the idea of a psychopathic kill frenzy Eggman appeals more to me.

Watching as his machines go into meltdown mode from all the mass production going on, but he doesn't care.

His fleets all over the world blowing everything up and killing one after another.

All with a malicious grin on his face as his machines blow up behind him, still spitting out bots...

I get where you're coming from. I nothing else I think that Eggman needs to be a little more menacing again, to give a greater weight to the epic events in each Sonic game. If Eggman is a sorry joke then Sonic's victories are dimnished as a result.

I'd also like Eggman to start using the name Dr. Robotnik again, consistency between Eastern and Western Sonic media be damned. It's just a lot more threatening then Eggman. But thats a long shot...

6 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I find it weird when Eggman fans have such a blatant disregard for what kind of a person he is canonically speaking and always has been since the first game.  Like nothing wrong with enjoying your headcanons or interpretations of the character from other media like SatAM etc but... man I'm glad the canon doctor isn't such a dickwipe evil that's impossible to empathise with.

I wouldn't mind a bit of dabbling back into SA1/SA2 Eggman territory but nothing more than that.

You shouldn't CONSTANTLY feel bad for/pity Eggman.

You're supposed to want to blow his arse up for what he's done, not beat him down like a mere fat bully and pity him over the smackdown.

I don't want to empathize with him. I want to LOATHE that muthafudda.