Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

The anti-gravity ray episode didn't entertain me all that much. Amy rants about girls being inferior to boys in sports and Sonic only suggests saving the villagers from dying when one person (Amy) is bound to express themselves.

However, it did reference the song 'Jump' and the digging policy reminded me of a Power Rangers Time Force episode where the Green Ranger was told not to read minds. He saw it as a bad thing until (at the end of the episode) he was told that it is OK to read minds. As a kid, I never understood why mind-reading (for the Green Ranger) was bad one minute and good the next. But as I got older, I understood that he was only meant to use his powers when it is necessary (if it's an emergency or if someone's in danger).

The anti-gravity ray episode also did a callback to 'Sole Power'.

It was average for me; but the whole jab at people handing out pamphlets kind of ruined the episode for me.

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

The anti-gravity ray episode didn't entertain me all that much. Amy rants about girls being inferior to boys in sports and Sonic only suggests saving the villagers from dying when one person (Amy) is bound to express themselves.

However, it did reference the song 'Jump' and the digging policy reminded me of a Power Rangers Time Force episode where the Green Ranger was told not to read minds. He saw it as a bad thing until (at the end of the episode) he was told that it is OK to read minds. As a kid, I never understood why mind-reading (for the Green Ranger) was bad one minute and good the next. But as I got older, I understood that he was only meant to use his powers when it is necessary (if it's an emergency or if someone's in danger).

The anti-gravity ray episode also did a callback to 'Sole Power'.

Ok.

• That was the joke. That Amy was going off on another Strawman argument and Knuckles of all people called her out on it.
  • Gotta admit was not expecting you to reference Time Force. It's been awhile since I watched the whole season (I think I was 11) so I'm not sure which episode that was. Although I'm betting the problem was more that Trip was misusing his mind reading and invading peoples personal space with that being the lesson of the episode.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ok.

• That was the joke. That Amy was going off on another Strawman argument and Knuckles of all people called her out on it.
  • Gotta admit was not expecting you to reference Time Force. It's been awhile since I watched the whole season (I think I was 11) so I'm not sure which episode that was. Although I'm betting the problem was more that Trip was misusing his mind reading and invading peoples personal space with that being the lesson of the episode.

Man I remember loving the theme song. Anyways yeah the point was that Amy was being a bit unnesscary with her behavior (especially because there was really no need for her monologue like that when she's playing soccer with her friends) and hypocritical.

11 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

And what about Sonic wanting to save the villagers before Amy expresses herself, rather than before the villagers die from the lack of oxygen?

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Anyways yeah the point was that Amy was being a bit unnesscary with her behavior (especially because there was really no need for her monologue like that when she's playing soccer with her friends) and hypocritical.

What do you mean by hypocritical, with what Amy said?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

And what about Sonic wanting to save the villagers before Amy expresses herself, rather than before the villagers die from the lack of oxygen?

While it was meant to be a joke, you've got a point about how skewed Sonic's priorities were.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

What do you mean by hypocritical, with what Amy said?

She made it seem like women who break gender rules are exceptions to the rules rather than the norm. Again I just found the speech more obnoxious than hypocritical. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

That's just the running gag of Sonic not wanting to listen to any of Amy's rants or advice or Amy in general.

23 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

While it was meant to be a joke, you've a poi t o how skewed Sonic's priorities were.

Thanks. As for the joke (Amy expressing herself), it doesn't fit well with me. Especially when there was a dangerous situation involved. It would have been nice if Tails gave him a look for that statement and said something like, "You don't say" or "Really, Sonic?"

19 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

That's just the running gag of Sonic not wanting to listen to any of Amy's rants or advice or Amy in general.

You have a point, but still, I can't shake the feeling that Sonic was probably thinking "Eh, I'll save the villagers later". Before Cubot told everyone to express themselves. What if Amy wasn't trapped with the others? What would Sonic have said or done?

Edited by MysteriousGirl 92
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Thanks. As for the joke (Amy expressing herself), it doesn't fit well with me. Especially when there was a dangerous situation involved. It would have been nice if Tails gave him a look for that statement and something like, "You don't say" or "Really, Sonic?"

That probably would've be nice. This makes me think @MysteriousGirl 92 though, do you think he's still holding a grudge towards Amy for her behavior in Just a Guy?

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

That probably would've be nice. This makes me think @MysteriousGirl 92 though, do you think he's still holding a grudge towards Amy for her behavior in Just a Guy?

I don't know. I mean, Sonic is not one to dwell in the past. I still don't like that episode or most of the characters in the episode. You may think it's silly, but an idea came to me one morning. It focussed on Sonic coming to terms with being 'just a guy' despite having superpowers.

Long story short, Sonic fails to protect a few people from harm and gets called out for it by some people (especially Amy). Sonic has had enough and decides to go on a break. Sensing that his team is in danger, Sonic rushes to defeat Eggman. His injuries, however, land him in the hospital and a few people apologise to Sonic for what they put him through, while two victims comfort Sonic for his heroics attempts to protect the innocent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I don't know. I mean, Sonic is not one to dwell in the past. I still don't like that episode or most of the characters in the episode. You may think it's silly, but an idea came to me one morning. It focussed on Sonic coming to terms with being 'just a guy' despite having superpowers.

Long story short, Sonic fails to protect a few people from harm and gets called out for it by some people (especially Amy). Sonic has had enough and decides to go on a break. Sensing that his team is in danger, Sonic rushes to defeat Eggman. His injuries, however, land him in the hospital and a few people apologise to Sonic for what they put him through, while two victims comfort Sonic for his heroics attempts to protect the innocent.

Yeah Just a Guy is one of my least favorite epsiodes. I read that story and thought it was nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Yeah Just a Guy is one of my least favorite epsiodes. I read that story and thought it was nice.

The one where Sonic realised that he is just a guy? I liked that story too.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

The one where Sonic realised that he is just a guy? I liked that story too.

It was a very emotional story. It was  I've that Amy and the others apologized for their actions. I get the episode was trying to show how oversensitive people can be but the fact that Sonic's friends turned on him and didn't apologized ruined the episode for me.

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It was a very emotional story. 

Thanks. I know Sonic Boom is supposed to be a comedy, but even some comedy shows can have sad episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Thanks. I know Sonic Boom is supposed to be a comedy, but even some comedy shows can have sad episodes.

Yeah. I hope that if there is a Season 3 the writers balance out the humor with more action and emotion. Maybe if the episodes were 22 minutes then maybe the writers might be able to accomplish this.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I get the episode was trying to show how oversensitive people can be but the fact that Sonic's friends turned on him and didn't apologized ruined the episode for me.

Didn't the villagers say that they were wrong about Sonic? They even thanked him for his heroic duties. Amy showed up and claimed that she came up with a plan to leave the village defenceless to get Sonic out of retirement. If that's the case, then she did a very dangerous and stupid thing. What if Sonic didn't come out of retirement, then whose fault would it be?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Didn't the villagers say that they were wrong about Sonic? They even thanked him for his heroic duties. Amy showed up and claimed that she came up with a plan to leave the village defenceless to get Sonic out of retirement. If that's the case, then she did a very dangerous and stupid thing. What if Sonic didn't come out of retirement, then whose fault would it be?

Yeah Amy was to me at her worst in that episode. At least Sonic called her out on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah Amy was to me at her worst in that episode. At least Sonic called her out on it.

Yeah, he did. Passive aggressively. ^_^

Edited by MysteriousGirl 92
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Yeah, he did. Passive aggressively. ^_^

I wonder I'd they'll do a callback to that episode in a self-depricative manner.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I wonder I'd they'll do a callback to that episode in a self-depricative manner.

Maybe. If that should happen, I hope the story and the dialogue are done correctly.

16 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Maybe. If that should happen, I hope the story and the dialogue are done correctly.

Maybe not as mean-spirited

• Thumbs Up 1

yeah, just a guy is not a favorite of mine either, but i commend the episode for giving us this

latest?cb=20150724120122"oops, one too many"

Still one of my favorite gags from the show, this sequence cracks me up every time.

Also on to the newer episodes, i'm finally up to date with Boom, and i enjoyed the latest 5 episodes like A LOT, i still hold what i said that season 2 is a gigantic improvement over the first season, and i really hope we get treated with a third season. though i might say that the latest episode, "Eggman's anti-gravity ray" was the weakest episode of the season so far, idk why but it felt off for the most part.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know personally I enjoyed Just a Guy. I can't really think of too many Boom episodes I don't like though TBH. I'm easy to please.

6 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I don't know personally I enjoyed Just a Guy. I can't really think of too many Boom episodes I don't like though TBH. I'm easy to please.

I didn't like how Sonic's friends treated him. It bothered me to much. 

@NikoS I thought the newest episode was average but there were things that I didn't like.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I didn't like how Sonic's friends treated him.

Tails only sided with Sonic on the day of the event. And Knuckles was the one who started all this.

• Thumbs Up 1