Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

If I'm correct, it's based on salamanders that live in volcanic plains around the Pacific, such as Hawaii, so it's nice to see how that part of the world is having such a massive influence on the new generation.  I like it, a lot actually.  There's a bit of crocodilian in its design, so maybe it evolves into some sort of alligator, or a gharial.  Little worried about its ability being over the top, but as long as its not packing too much heat like the entry says, then I think we'll be all right.

Salandit is pretty awesome. I'll grab one and keep in my team 4EVAH, probably.

While yeah there can be salamanders hanging out in hotter landscapes, this may also be a big call back to Charmander's origins; Being a salamander that lives in fire to the point they're considered to be dragons. Its just neat to note how everything pieces itself together.

I just hope Salandit isn't a niche pokemon like Kecleon since hitting ANY Pokemon regardless of TYPE is a big deal to be honest. Some of the most prominent stallers in the game are Steel and they have a lot of lasting power that being hit with Toxic ruins their day.

I also like the point out that the recent gens have been introducing strong pokemon in different ways. Gen 5 had strong pokemon statwise but have movepools they can't take advantage of (Unfezant being the biggest example of this), Gen 6 has given us pokemon with pretty wide movepools and arguably types, now here we have Pokemon with very strong abilities but we have to yet to see how good they really are outside of that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Poison is one of my favorite types, so seeing it paired up with another type it hasn't been with before does my heart good. Seeing it in action in the trailer, it looks super cute in a weird way.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't be surprised if this thing ends up in ubers (assuming it has an evolution).

Nah I doubt it. Sure it can Poison everything, but it's still weak to common types like Water, Psychic, and 4x to Ground.

That said, I've wanted to see Fire/Poison for ages and this thing is awesome. Kind of makes me feel like it's the Sandile of this game. Bet many of the team grunts will use it too. Very interesting Pokemon. This is the gen of abilities. Gen 5 was stats and power from the new ones, while Gen 6 focused on Pokemon that weren't statistically absurd but had interesting movepools or a niche thing they do (like Aegislash, which turned out to be insanely good, or Greninja's Protean).

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Doctor MK said:

Another new Pokemon joins the brawl - meet the Poison/Fire type Salandit!

CmwlZryXgAAuCl0.jpg

Where's its lower jaw?

Also, while the idea is nice, i'll main it only if it will have at least one evolution,

I'm not aware of any posion-fire type Pokemon, so would this be a first, then?

Also, its ability is "Corrosion." Sounds chemical. Another alchemy reference? I wonder if the design on its tail has any significance.

Yep Indy. There isn't anyone with the Poison/Fire combination.

Somehow I don't see it making Ubers though, despite the fact Aegislash and Greninja got kicked up stairs for having strong abilities like this one. If anything it balances the game out somewhat because there isn't many viable Poison types out there anyways. Not to mention we have to yet to see its stats, movepool, and if it has an evolution line which really determines how good it is. I'm still doubting this would mark the time everyone needs to run Aromatherapy/Heal Bell on every team, especially since Gliscor heavily counters this guy anyways.

Here's information from the Official Site:

lizard.png

• Salandit
  • Category: Toxic Lizard Pokémon
  • Type: Poison/Fire
  • Height: 2'00"
  • Weight: 10.6 lbs.
  • Ability: Corrosion

Salandit emits toxic gas, together with flames, from the base of its tail. This poisonous gas has a sweet smell, and anyone who unknowingly breathes it in will become dizzy. Salandit is not a very powerful Pokémon, but its cunning nature allows it to battle fiercely by throwing its opponents off balance. 

Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will. 

Salandit has the Corrosion Ability, a new Ability that no other Pokémon has possessed before. With the Corrosion Ability, it becomes possible to inflict the Poisoned status condition even on Steel- and Poison-type Pokémon.

That bio though...

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, loving the new lizard guy!

It seems he's based on volcanic sites; his body is the cooled down lava and the red slit (that blow small fire when attacking) is the lava.

Screenshot 2016-07-07 at 13.45.38.png

explains his poison gas and type. That is quite unique.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Salandit emits toxic gas, together with flames, from the base of its tail. This poisonous gas has a sweet smell, and anyone who unknowingly breathes it in will become dizzy. Salandit is not a very powerful Pokémon, but its cunning nature allows it to battle fiercely by throwing its opponents off balance. 

Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will. 

Salandit has the Corrosion Ability, a new Ability that no other Pokémon has possessed before. With the Corrosion Ability, it becomes possible to inflict the Poisoned status condition even on Steel- and Poison-type Pokémon.

Cmz_kw6VYAAxweo.jpg

That bio though...if this things gets an evolution and a better look at its stats and movepool then jeeeezus

• Thumbs Up 3

Soooo.... it literally farts toxic flames from the tale.

Wich function as pherormones for reproduction purposes.

Wowie.

I love the volcanic thing with the red on him. I noticed it but never posted it for some reason, it's a really great and creative detail. Which is why Gen Wunners who just say everything after Gen 1 (or maybe Gen 2) sucks annoy me so much, as so many of the newer Pokemon are really awesome and creative. That goes for every single generation too. But because it's not the originals, people don't give it a chance.

So it can seduce us with sexy farts?...

I mean, you already had me with that cool design and typing, Salandit.

13 hours ago, Pawn said:

So it can seduce us with sexy farts?...

...Now that I think about, just looking at Salandit's face looks like he cracked one is quite proud of it.

fartymander_zpskcpecoet.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Potential leaks for the final evolutions of the starters seem to be getting take down notices:

If these are legit, Team Rowlett all the way.

I don't think the're real, but if they are, Litten's final evolution is garbage. Two bad fire starters in a row would be really disappointing. Rowlet's looks more like a second stage to me. Popplio's is pretty good at least. All in all, I think these would be the worst starters yet.

Also, what are they going to do with another mushroom after the Paras and Amoongus lines?

Regardless if those 3rd forms were real are not. Anybody who is hoping seriously Litten's 3rd form will be a on-all-4-legs Tiger... Just know this.

RvExzrK.jpg

99% chance you WILL be disappointed.

PS: I think Delphox's design was great. >w>

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, I don't think I buy 'em, either. I swear that I've seen designs EXACTLY like the Litten and Rowlet ones before in fanart. The supposed concept art using Ash and Pikachu is also a bit of an oddity.

That Litten evo looks ugly as sin. Plese fuck don't let this be real. It honestly looks like it'd be the worst final-stage starter Pokémon.

Rowlett and Popplio look pretty badass, though. Let those be at least partly true.

13 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Regardless if those 3rd forms were real are not. Anybody who is hoping seriously Litten's 3rd form will be a on-all-4-legs Tiger... Just know this.

RvExzrK.jpg

99% chance you WILL be disappointed.

Right... and just how many of those started off as (mostly) bipedal to begin with? Pretty sure all of them except Tepig and Fennekin. Regardless, you can be a lot more creative with a dark-coloured fire tiger than... whatever the hell that thing is.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Spin Attaxx said:

whatever the hell that thing is.

It looks a bit similar to Boom Eggman to me... Which is exactly what I'd be calling it. xD

Meh, Litten's supposed final form looks ok, it's the prospect of another fire/fighting type that pisses me off. There were 3 in a row going from gen 3 to gen 5. I don't want to see that type combination on a starter for at least a few more generations. 

• Thumbs Up 2