Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Carjarbug is basically wormmon. I guess after these many years though it gets pretty hard to keep coming out with new things and creatures. Nintendo always keeps pushing forward.

I looked up Wormmon and... aside the fact that they're both based on a similar creature, their designs are markedly different.

I mean, Charjabug's whole body is essentially a cuboid...

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I looked up Wormmon and... aside the fact that they're both based on a similar creature, their designs are markedly different.

I mean, Charjabug's whole body is essentially a cuboid...

I'd draw comparisons to Tetris first before anything Digimon related.

Besides being a cube you have to admit they are sorta similar. Maybe i just liked wormmons a lot when i was younger for what he turned into lol.

53 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

I'd draw comparisons to Tetris first before anything Digimon related.

I was thinking bus.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know its supposed to be based on a battery and while I can see the imagery I can't help but go

ALL ABOARD DA BUG BUS!

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

latest?cb=20130402191104charjabug.jpg

....I dunno, the only similarity I see is the mouth (common insect mouth) and the green body. 

Perhaps if wormmon was put into a compactor?

50 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Perhaps if wormmon was put into a compactor?

Eeeh, maaaaybe...but at that point you can assume any green centipede-monster is based off of Wormmon. Or anything by saying " if you change this to [same shape/color/etc as other] they look alike, it must be based off the other one".

And if they are similar, Wormmon looks like a generic centipede/worm with legs that's green (associated with leaf=caterpillars). They have common theme so it's inevitable they have some similarities, and difficult to be completely different; as other people say, it's pretty different enough.

It's not like they never had similar-themed monsters that shared characteristics before:

pokemon_vs_digimon_by_lurocha-d4beixp.pn  pokemon_vs_digimon_by_lurocha-d4besm6.pn  pokemon_vs_digimon_by_lurocha-d4beh49.pn 

• Thumbs Up 5

The first thing I think of when I see Charjabug is a green stun gun.

Stun_Gun_KL-958.jpg

It helps that it's an electric type.

You know I really thought about it and I think GF are picking up on competitive trends and making these new Pokemon viable in some way, either to attempt to counter popular pokemon and strategies or just be pretty good.

Having a Talonflame problem? No biggy! Just make a fish that prevents priority! Hate getting Toxic and Burned? Use this Koala! It can only use Sleep Talk sets anyways!

Pikipek having Skill Swap and seemingly having a moveset to abuse is nice for it. Drampa has both Berserk to power it up when its health is halved and Grass Sipper meaning it can switch into Spore no problem.

I think the special mention goes to Charjabug. Its evolution Vikavolt seems to be pretty awesome yes but Charjabug is going to be a damn good Doubles partner. Its ability Battery powers up his allies' Special Attack which is a plus for doubles and seems to acknowledge that Plus and Minus were shitty gimmicks to begin with. And the biggest thing is that its not fully evolved either meaning it can use Evolite becoming bulky, even more so since it looks to be the cocoon stage so it may have that staying power to help its friends.

It does seem like GF is acknowledging the competitive scene in some way. I don't mind this but it really does seem they want to patch a few things by making specfic counters to some things and it shows.

• Thumbs Up 6

New footage of Sun and Moon's intro:

kukuirockruffth.jpg

During today's new episode of Pokénchi, the Japanese variety show, showcased a small bit of footage that showcased some more of the Pokémon Sun & Moon games as the hosts Abarerukun and Rinka-chan visited Game Freak's headquarters. Not much new was shown but it did show that Professor Kukui has his own Rockruff that appears during a video chat with him early in the game. In it, it also showcased the hosts, Abarerukun and Rinka seeing Tapu Koko at Game Freak

• Thumbs Up 4

Tapu Koko sounds weird but the design looks cool. Cutie fly looks adorable! 

I also like Pikpek. Love how they based it on a woodpecker!

You guys might wanna give this a watch. Ties into the GameXplain theory that was posted earlier.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, giving the video a like for dedication of finding all that stuff out. Plus it was entertaining how they delivered the information, what with the overly dramatic voice.

It's all very interesting, and even if it wasn't the intentions of Game Freak at the start of the franchise, it seems someone might have realised they were on to something pretty recently. Around Black and White, which I think we can agree was a soft reboot of sorts. And that's where this started to get into a higher gear.

However, entertaining though it was - that was a convoluted way to both spot an incoming possible reboot and the direction of the new games. No complaining about that though. Of course, that's using mainly the games. I know some others have tried with just the anime.

Wow, that's unexpected! I love him! He's like a rad bandit lizard! Probably my favorite one they've shown so far for Sun and Moon.

Honestly? I thought that was a Dark type.

It looks more of a lizard kind pokemon. Also, I've a feeling this one will be the basic pokemon for the *Evil team* grunts...

Annd now I just realized it's prolly based on a Salamander. Still, the design is cool. It can poison All types of pokemon now.... 

Definitely getting one for my team. It looks and has a name that sounds like a salamander.

Man, amphibians are under-represented in the franchise outside of the usual frog/toad, so this makes a neat addition.

Kinda wonder if it'll stay amphibian as it evolves.

So it's ability allows it poison fellow Poison types AND Steel types?

Steel ain't all that and a bag of chips anymore, or at least all that and a bag of some chips.

• Thumbs Up 1