Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Speaking of Surf, I'm hoping that they add surfing perks to certain Pokemon again, like with Sharpedo and Kyogre in OR/AS. (Though, preferably with a Pokemon that can effectively use Surf in battle, too.)

Personally, I think they should just expand your pokemons' move pools so they can have extra moves on reserve while still having four "equipped" moves you use in battle. Then, not only could you have HM's but it could really shake up battles by being able to switch out moves during matches.

• Thumbs Up 1

Basically having free access to your Pokemon's entire movelist would render the Move Relearner and Heart Scales obsolete... and as somebody who thinks Pokemon has a lot of overcomplication that could do with being eliminated, I'm all for that.  Maybe not in the middle of battle, but in general, that would allow more flexibility without the associated busy-work.  ...You'd also be given free HM access without it affecting your battle moves, so no longer would you suffer under the tyranny of waste-of-space moves like Flash, Whirlpool, and Rock Smash, which nobody has ever used in battles, probably.  Heck, even the type imbalance of HMs wouldn't be such a big problem, because you'd only need one Water-type Pokemon to field the excessive three Water-type HMs.  Or alternatively they could just think up a better balance of HM types...  Three Water-type HMs, like three straight Fire/Fighting starters, is unforgiveable.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Captain Metallix said:

Speaking of Surf, I'm hoping that they add surfing perks to certain Pokemon again, like with Sharpedo and Kyogre in OR/AS. (Though, preferably with a Pokemon that can effectively use Surf in battle, too.)

I haven't played ORAS. What do you mean?

Basically having free access to your Pokemon's entire movelist would render the Move Relearner and Heart Scales obsolete... and as somebody who thinks Pokemon has a lot of overcomplication that could do with being eliminated, I'm all for that.  Maybe not in the middle of battle, but in general, that would allow more flexibility without the associated busy-work.  ...You'd also be given free HM access without it affecting your battle moves, so no longer would you suffer under the tyranny of waste-of-space moves like Flash, Whirlpool, and Rock Smash, which nobody has ever used in battles, probably.  Heck, even the type imbalance of HMs wouldn't be such a big problem, because you'd only need one Water-type Pokemon to field the excessive three Water-type HMs.  Or alternatively they could just think up a better balance of HM types...  Three Water-type HMs, like three straight Fire/Fighting starters, is unforgiveable.

Well, maybe they could make it so you can choose a backup set of moves besides the main four. That way, your Pokemon never has to forget moves, yet you still have four moves at the forefront and, say, another four in reserve so you can mix and match. Maybe even make it so switching moves costs a turn like switching Pokemon does.

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I think they move faster while surfing in the overworld. 

42 minutes ago, Marcello said:

In ORAS certain ridable Pokemon have their own surfing animation and perks. For example while on Kyorge your hotbox while underwater is twice as large, or Sharpedo, who has the fastest speed but makes you unable to fish while riding it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It has been confirmed that the next batch of Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on the official sites on July 1st at 22:00 JST, which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT & 06:00 PDT. It's not currently known what information will be revealed at this time but be sure to keep checking back for news

Looks like we're getting more news next Friday. :)

Including the official reveal of Iwanko and Nekkoala, I presume, and doubtless more.  They seem to be making these information broadcasts into a regular event, and I approve; it's like a whole series of Pokemon Directs.  I think they've been roughly monthly so far?

Looks like Russia leaked the Pokemon news ahead of time.

Drampa

smleak1.jpg

Togedemaru 

smleak2.jpg

Vikavolt 

smleak3.jpg

Cutiefly

smleak4.jpg

Bruxish 

smleak5.jpg

Charjabug

smleak6.jpg

Tapu Koko

smleak7.jpg

Bruxish also has the ability Dazzling, and the ability was shown to nullify an opposing Pikachu's Quick Attack.

• Thumbs Up 2

-dreadlock dragon ftw!

-Fat Pikachu ftw! (really hope that's not the English Name)

-Cutiefly looks like a fairy mosquito

-Bruxish looks like a nightmaren version of Rainbow Fish

-Charjabug and Vikavolt seem to be Grubbin's evolutions

-Tapu Koku has a really interesting design and animation

-I don't think these are fake, but if they are, the creator is a Trick Master

3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Hide contents

-dreadlock dragon ftw!

-Fat Pikachu ftw! (really hope that's not the English Name)

-Cutiefly looks like a fairy mosquito

-Bruxish looks like a nightmaren version of Rainbow Fish

-Charjabug and Vikavolt seem to be Grubbin's evolutions

-Tapu Koku has a really interesting design and animation

-I don't think these are fake, but if they are, the creator is a Trick Master

Spoiler

Pikachu clones generally keep their Japanese names sadly. I don't like the name either. Not a big fan of the name Cutiefly, either.

I like all the designs, though. Except Togedemaru's tail being on it's upper back. That's just weird looking.

Interesting.  Those look like the raw footage that would go into the standard new Pokemon reveal videos.  They must've been leaked by a regional partner... one which is about to get its privileges revoked.

Spoiler

Drampa's design I'm not a big fan of; it's very cartoony, and almost looks like a different art style together, and is the only one that could convince me these might be fake.  Gen VII Pikachu being Electric yet again proves that GameFreak has a serious problem, but it's probably my favourite Pikachu rip-off since Marill and it'll be interesting to see if it evolves (nope); also, there's no way its name is getting localised because Pikachu rip-offs never have their names localised if GameFreak can help it.  Charjabug and Vikavolt are pretty nice designs for an underused type combination, which is to say that I presume they'll be Bug/Electric; I guess Vikavolt'll probably have to have Hover as its ability, though, since it's clearly flying but there's no third type slot for it.  Cutiefly is okay; Bruxish is hideous.  Tapu Koko lives up to expectations, though; I assume it can hide inside its wings to form a mask, which is probably imitated locally.

Still no Iwanko and Nekkoala, though?  That's just weird; even the Japanese official site doesn't have them.  They truly were a Coro Coro exclusive...  Not sure I'm happy about that.

Edit: One of those new Pokemon is implied to maybe be Water/Psychic, which would be interesting to me as there are quite a few Pokemon I always think are Water/Psychic but which are actually pure Water.  Psyduck, Milotic...  I always approach them as Water/Psychic, forgetting that they aren't at all.  It's excusable for Psyduck, it's right there in the name, but Milotic doesn't even have any Psychic-type moves!

• Thumbs Up 1

Must feel pretty painful for Gamefreak to have a leak one day before the official reveal. 

Drampa might be something that grows on me, since it looks like it was taken straight out of Wind Waker.  Cutiefly's all right, nothing special.  Bruxish is... yeesh.  Like Togedamaru, but the same can be said for any Pikachu clone.  Charjabug and Vikavolt are great additions.  One being somewhat wacky in appearance (it looks like a living Teris block) and the other being one of the coolest bug types I've seen in a while.  Tapu Koko has a some elements of a chicken, albeit one floating, mystical chicken.  And people say they're running out of ideas...

Like most of them, really.  Kind of a bummer we're still not seeing Nekkoala and Iwanko (or Rog as I shall name it), but at least this is starting to sum up as a larger generation than before.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was just wondering what the unifying idea of all these Pokemon is, assuming they're meant to be released as part of a single broadcast tomorrow, but I think I've got it: They're probably all part of the MeleMele Pokedex, that is, the regional dex for the first island.

Spoiler

Cutiefly looks early-game as anything, Charjabug and Vikavolt are speculated to be Grubbin's evolutions, Tapu Koko we already know is the first island's guardian deity, Pikachu clones generally don't hang about in getting introduced.  Does this mean there's a potential early-game dragon in Drampa, or is it something sectioned off in an area you can't reach until later?

So I'm guessing the rest of tomorrow's broadcast will also tell us more about MeleMele, like its towns and other notable areas.

Official Japanese reveal video of all the stuff leaked, plus more Zygarde!

Cutiefly's definitely my favorite:

24ezvqx.jpg

SO FREAKING ADORABLE ^_^

• Thumbs Up 5

I think "Cutiefly" might be the most on the nose name for a Pokemon I've ever seen.

That being said, I want one. Obvious early game Poke or not.

Grubbin's final form and Old Man Dragon are the best.

Also the uglyfish thing is so horrible that I kind of like it. It's even creepier than Mr Mime.

Fun fact, there's been more Electric types revealed now than XY even introduced.

Seeing the official art for Cutiefly suddenly makes me think of fairies from Zelda, which suddenly makes me more inclined to love it.

Tapu Koko's Japanese name seems to be Kapu Kokeko. That means it's not a legendary, I guess. I suspected it wouldn't be.

Well, that's one way to handle a leak - just rush everything out ahead of schedule!  I guess the English-language news shouldn't be too long, too; they'll just bump it forward by about twenty-four hours.

Drampa is Normal/Dragon, which is an... interesting combination.  I guess the old man aspect (oh right, Grampa) is why it's Normal.  Bruxish, Charjabug, and Vikavolt's typings are as obvious as they seemed.  Cutiefly is Bug/Fairy; Togedemaru (Gen VII Pikachu) is, unusually, Electric/Steel, and bearing in mind that Dedenne (Gen VI Pikachu) was Electric/Fairy, then alright, I guess GameFreak are branching out just a little with their ripoffs (but just watch it not evolve).  Tapu Koko is Electric/Fairy, which makes a lot of sense in both appearance and flavour terms, and I imagine the other three guardian deities will be half-Fairy, too; I'm tempted to assume that they'll be Grass, Fire, and Water as well, to cover the remaining basic elemental types.

Regarding Tapu Koko's legendary status, it's kind of a curious thing in that it really should be legendary given that it... does seem to be the subject of legends?  I think it'll probably be a bit like Rotom and Spiritomb, in that there'll still be only one available per game.  Oh yeah, also, first Pokemon with a space in its name.

And it's confirmed that Zygarde 50% is also getting the pseudo-Mega ability thing that'll transform it into Complete in a pinch, so yeah, they just flat-out retconned it, which I thought they would do.  I wonder if Core will be a catchable Zygarde form, though.

Tapu Koko looks a lot more awesome than I expected it to. I hope it's not overpowered, because I might train it otherwise. I also really like this generation's starter bug evolution, Vikavolt and that fogey dragon is hilarious. Meanwhile, Cutiefly's cool (it kind of reminds me of Sonic CD's mosquito badnik), but another Pikachu clone is... eh. As for Bruxish...

*Shudders*

Wow those are some exotic looking Mons. I'm digging Tapu Koko a lot, and it being one of guardian island Pokemon makes me wonder something else....(although this being Game Freak they love to keep tradition)

..Is there some kinda change to the Gym Leader system were used to. I know it's a far-fetched idea and it's still relevaively early in possibly thinking it through, but it's food for thought.

• Thumbs Up 1