Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

Wow, I just can never be the first to break news here, huh :V

Anyway, Wimpod is probably the most bizarre Pokémon I've seen yet for Gen VII. Never thought I'd see a joke character get the spotlight. Also, Bewear. I fucking love that name.

Might as well gice my opinions on the Pokemon in this trailer.

Wimpod: What the hell is that thing? This design is mighty strange...

Bounsweet: Looks like a Cherubi with a diaper.

Comfey: Hm, interesting. Some sort of flower bracelet Pokemon? Well, it looks cute.

Mudsdale: So, a mud horse? Alright. Looks cool.

Mimikyu: Now that's pretty cool. A creepy Pikachu thing. Wonder if it'll use Transform to complete the whole mimic gimmick it seems to have.

Bewear: WHAT IS THAT THING. I LOVE IT. I DON'T CARE IF IT LOOKS LIKE A WE BARE BEARS REJECT.

Oh, hey, I just notice the Mimikyu part is in a graveyard. Neat. I wonder if we'll get a Pokemon Tower like place.

Not very surprised Mimikyu's name is the same, but even it did get a translated version I doubt it'd been much different.  Bewear is hilarious (I love these pun names), Comfey is cute enough, Mudsdale is something I can't help but feel will be something you can ride (call it a gut instinct :P ), Bounsweet's proof baby evolutions aren't dead, since it's pretty much a nappy wearing Cherubi and Wimpod is a hilarious coward.  Hope it's a comedy relief character in the anime.

One question though.  We now have 25 new Pokémon, as of July.  Does anyone remember how many new Pokémon were revealed at this point last generation?  Because I'm curious about just how many we're getting in full.

More new Pokemon and nothing else? And none of them are the starter evolutions? God damn, they're really going out of their way to give me everything I don't want.

The new horse is pretty awesome, not gonna lie. I'm not terribly fond of everything else. They feel like clones of stuff in Gen 6 or Gen 4, especially Bounsweet, the new Cherubi (which, as we all know, is everyone's favourite Pokemon) and the new Fairy Comfey (which I actually like, but still, it's basically Flabebe again).

Holy shit, yes. Now I don't have to worry about soft-resetting every time I catch a Legendary out of fear of it having subpar stats. Gonna be a bitch to do, but hooray.

• Thumbs Up 2

> Mudsdale

> More reasons for MLPFiM/Pokemon crossovers other than Ponyta/Rapidash and Keldeo.

1 hour ago, Failinhearts said:

Might as well gice my opinions on the Pokemon in this trailer.

Wimpod: What the hell is that thing? This design is mighty strange...

At first I was thinking it might be based on a horseshoe crab, but after some looking it might be based on Triops instead. They're tiny little crustaceans that like to scavenge as well as feed on algae and bacteria. Considering Wimpod shares a similar role, I'm willing to believe This is where they got their inspiration.

Personally it makes sense Mimikyu's name didn't change. It's already a pun in itself ("Mimic" and "Pikachu"), so there's no real need to mess that up. What a sad and adorable little pokemon though. It's ok you walking sock puppet. I'll be your friend. : (

Comfey's pretty adorable too. Bounsweet definitely looks like Cherubi, though I guess it's suiting. I always thought Lychee fruits looked like spiny cherries in a way. I just hope its evolution won't be a clone of Cherubi either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've honestly kept calling Mimikyu that this whole time, mostly because it sounds like "Mimic you" and its cute for it. And its ability is basically kind of like Multiscale and a Focus Sash in a sense. Its honestly looking good.

As for everyone else, I do love Wimpod mostly for being based on a horseshoe crab. Its nice to see something ancient and not be a Rock type for once. Comfey has a stupidly good ability but isn't is just a glorified Whimscott? We'll see how well it actually is once the games are out but I can't help notice the comparison, even if Comfey lacks the Grass typing. The others are ok I guess. They're not bad but I just don't know what to say about them.

I just woke up so I'll give my thoughts on the new critters later but YOU CAN FINALLY SET UP YOUR OWN TOURNAMENTS IN THE MAIN GAMES NOW?!

tISqoYB.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

Mudsdale <3

Easily my favorite from this new batch, one of my favorite from this generation so far in fact. I love Ground-types and it just looks really creative, unique, cool, tough, and even a bit, well, funky! So close to a real life animal and yet really super inspired as well, and the way it's drawn is p great. A Ground-type that incorporates packed mud into its design? That's awesome yo. Funny story, back when I was extremely ignorant of Pokes and first heard of the Ground-type, I assumed they would all/most be made of dirt or contain it just like Rock-types are with rock (and thought it was a very silly Pokemon type as a result, lol). In truth there are very few Ground-types that do at all, until now, hah

Of course, I'm occasionally a bit of a weirdo when it comes to what Pokemon I like (Muk is one of my favorites...) so if I seem oddly effusive in this Pokemon's praise, that's probably why.

And wow, this really is the generation of strange & powerful abilities.

I'm beginning to feel pretty psyched about this Gen, looks like they have plenty of cool and interesting ideas. Now to just see more of the NPC designs so I can tell if they're actually decent, because honestly, I've been pretty unhappy with a lot of those over the past couple of gens xD

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Mudsdale <3

Easily my favorite from this new batch, one of my favorite from this generation so far in fact. I love Ground-types and it just looks really creative, unique, cool, tough, and even a bit, well, funky! So close to a real life animal and yet really super inspired as well, and the way it's drawn is p great. A Ground-type that incorporates packed mud into its design? That's awesome yo. Funny story, back when I was extremely ignorant of Pokes and first heard of the Ground-type, I assumed they would all/most be made of dirt or contain it just like Rock-types are with rock (and thought it was a very silly Pokemon type as a result, lol). In truth there are very few Ground-types that do at all, until now, hah

Glad I'm not the only one who likes mudhorse.

Also I think it's cool that Gamefreak based a pokemon of Irish Cob breed of horse. They are so cool looking to watch and look at. The image below is a Irish Cob I pinched from wikipedia.

220px-GypsyMareLeft.jpg

I really love Mudsdale and Wimpod. It's funny 'cause while it may or may not be inspired from them, since our bathroom in our house has been getting redone these past few months, at night we get a couple of silverfish bugs that come out from under the house and hangout on the floor. As soon as you turn on the light or just get anywhere near them, they scatter haha. When I saw wimpod today these guys were the first thing that popped into my mind and I kinda want one lmao.

As for Mudsdale, it's gonna be hard to not nick name it Drogo from Game of Thrones

Anyway, all these new Pokemon have been really great so far, but I'll have to admit I'm still waiting for that "one" Pokemon that'll just be my ultra favorite. Almost every gen has had at least one for me, so I'm still pretty eager for more new Pokemon. I'm kinda holding my breath that it'll be an evolution of one we already have here, like Rockruff

• Thumbs Up 1

Mudsdale's design is sick though, I am digging it (hue)

And the new Abilities we getting are so varied, both defensive and offensive 

I haven't been in here for a while, so might as well post my thoughts on the reveals so far. Can I just say, I really LOVE the Alola Trainer Battle theme and the new Alola Pokemon are looking pretty cool/interesting too. Also, the Hyper Training thing is gonna be very helpful for me, along with the Super Training, when I'm going to be challenging the Battle Facility of Sun/Moon, it might actually give me an more comfortable time when doing the Super Battles.

The next batch of news has been confirmed for August 1st - a week on Monday, in other words - at, variously, 22:00 JST, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT and 06:00 PDT (thanks, Serebii.net).  We've been getting quite a few batches of new Pokemon lately, so I'm guessing that there'll be more setting and mechanical information in this update; the most recent Japanese trailer started showcasing the pseudo-Synchro feature, so perhaps we'll hear more about that.

• Thumbs Up 3

The whole affection of stats is like the main basis of Natures in the first place so....no I wouldnt like if that comment go away. That'll be a regressing move if it anything. As for the option to change said Mon's Nature...well that's something in way the game does and you can do yourself tough certain methods. Unless you mean like an item that can change your Nature on the fly akin to the Ability Capsule but even then that wouldn't be much of a practical item since Natures are tied much more to the actual make up the creatures in game than Abilities IMO.

I dunno, I kinda like having Natures be part of how you want to raise your Pokemon. With Hyper Training now it does make it easier to raise them in the competitive sense right off the bat w/o having to go through the slog of Egg raising for those elusive IVs. At the same though, if you're really into the methane wouldn't having the best Nature suitable for the style of battle your team has be just as important?

But you can just give a Pokemon with the nature you want an Everstone and the baby will have that nature.

And Hyper Training will be the final piece [if even used] of the competitive raising scene as it requires Pokemon to be Lv100 to even use by the look of things.

I'm not into the metagame, but I'm still at least trying to raise competitive ready Pokemon. Only recently, for instance, have I managed to get five perfect IV's on an Eevee. Getting the right IV's will always take time. Natures takes no time at all with an Everstone since that nature will then be guaranteed. Perfect IV's are not.

Speaking of IVs, isn't Hidden Power's type also determined by the Pokemon's IV stats? If so, then this could also benefit those who are looking to use the right Hidden Power type in competitive play.

That is correct. Though as mentioned, Hyper Training looks as though it requires Lv100's to use, so Lv1 to Lv100 is going to take quite a few runs of the Elite Four to start Hyper Training.

1 minute ago, DarkRula said:

That is correct. Though as mentioned, Hyper Training looks as though it requires Lv100's to use, so Lv1 to Lv100 is going to take quite a few runs of the Elite Four to start Hyper Training.

Unless you get the amount of exp. that X & Y gave you alongside the Exp. Share. Then it shouldn't take that long :P