Awoo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon PLUS ULTRA (Alola Region Games)

Sonictrainer

something is missing from the designs, though it is hard to describe what! 

it may be work in progress concept art; it isn't unreasonable to try to remove concept art from the internet perhaps if it is going to be published later in an art book, or, just generally mixes up peoples' opinions.  all of the official designs so far appear to be held to the usual very high standards of using positive and negative space.  these are far different in that sense, they look very boring, which, even something as simple as Cutiefly is more interesting to see.

I suppose Burst evolution is going to apply to these specific Pokemon as hinted in the Corocoro issue, that could explain why they are more anthropomorphic and cartoonishly fluid and simplified in design than other final evolutions.  they just don't look as much like animals as usual. 

5 hours ago, ThePrinceOfSaiyajins said:

Meh, Litten's supposed final form looks ok, it's the prospect of another fire/fighting type that pisses me off. There were 3 in a row going from gen 3 to gen 5. I don't want to see that type combination on a starter for at least a few more generations. 

Agreed; this has always been my chief objection to what's otherwise a well-produced, cleverly-explained "leak."  If GameFreak were to run with a fourth Fire/Fighting starter, after only a single generation's break from a three-game run of Fire/Fighting starters, they would have well and truly lost the plot.  Frankly, I think that element of these supposed concept designs is pure trolling - which at least is preferable to the pure idiocy of the series returning to the status quo of having more than half its Fire-starters be part-Fighting.

the center bottom Rowlet Final looks like a Hawlucha ?????

The Japanese that I can read are correct, so it may be a real thing...

The only thing that bothers me is the typed text on the top (why are all others handwritten? btw I can figure out "creatures [idea?]" and "it's not [something]") and the labels "Owl 3" "Tiger 3" "sea lion 3"

1 hour ago, Mega said:

Designs are fake. They've been on DeviantArt since last month.

As seen here.

Thought something looked very "unsuigimori" about them in their designs, particularly the Litten evo.  The fire/fighting fears can be put to rest for now.

5 hours ago, Mega said:

Designs are fake.

Thank fuck.

Now I can't help but feel bad for the original artist who made them with everybody going 'these are terrible, obviously fake' when somebody tried to manipulate them into fake news.

Hm well, at least we're in for some more news soon in the footage that's apparently going to be shown on July 17th. Can't help but feel a Nintendo Direct is due soon too.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Mega said:

Designs are fake. They've been on DeviantArt since last month.

As seen here.

Good gracious. What a relief. I loved Popplio Final, and Litten Final was OK, but Owlet Final was very weird.

Wonder where Popplio's evolution came from?

I thought I saw Litten and Rowlet's in fanart before! Guess that's my confirmation. XD 

That artist has the designs for all three, says that someone on 4chan made the concept art that's been leaked, so I think it's important that we spread word that those are not official designs.

Perhaps the takedown notices are due to Nintendo not wanting false rumors abounds? Or the original artist, even.

Well this is a huge relief, because I'd honestly be surprised if we got another fire/fighting starter yet again. Can't wait for the coro coro leak on July 15th.

I'm sorry but I'm not following the logic here.  How does someone tracing the original art make the original fake again?

I mean, the artist says that it's fanart of the "leaked" design.

He also says he knows the artist but can't tell who it is because reasons?  And they've already confirmed it's fake even though we've heard nothing?  I also don't see the Popplio evo in his gallery.

I mean, I don't think they're real either (even though I really like them), but this is probably the worst way of proving it.

Going off-track from current subject for a moment...TWO MORE POKEMON!!

ot0jtt.jpg

A bear named Kiteruguma (Normal/Fighting) and a ghost called Mimitsukiyu. (Ghost/Fairy.) Their abilities are Fluffy/Klutz for the former and Disguise for the latter. Lore info from Serebii:

People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Mimitsukiyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh hey, red (but pink) panda.

The ghost seems uninspired, though. Why the hell is it always Pikachu?

Bears ok I guess, but I'm really don't like ghost pikachu. Oh well, at least it has a unique type combo.

Kiteruguma is OK. Mimitsukiyu's scribbly face and random resemblance to 'chu are extremely weird, and not in a good way...but its typing, lore, and other design qualities are pretty good at least.

I actually like the little ghost.  Brings a really cool, creepy vibe.  Although I hope its cloth copies other Pokémon's appearances instead of just Pikachu.  Not too bothered about the bear, but it's cuddly enough I guess.

I really like Mimichoo. The crappy looking face is great. Serebii added some more to the description, by the way:

Mimikkyu's costume is based on Pikachu merch that was popular 20 years ago. It wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is.

Cute.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I really like Mimichoo. The crappy looking face is great. Serebii added some more to thedescription, by the way:

Cute.

Suddenly I really like it even more.  Could make for a really touching anime episode one day.  I'm kind of curious what its possible evolutions would look like.  Would they continue with the Pikachu costume idea, or would it be a greater design shift?

A pretty weird pair at first glance, but they're growing on me!  Being able to see the bear from all angles, as well as having the little cartoons of it casually smashing stuff by accident, lend it a lot of character.  Mimikyu (Peekatyu?  That's how I'd localise it) is concerningly meta, but at the same time I think maybe this should have been this generation's Pikachu rip-off, because it'd be both an overt reference and actually very different.  I'm okay with it.  Also it's pretty bold to have your one explicit 20th anniversary celebration Pokemon be a creepy ghoul that's jealous of Pikachu's popularity.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, FFWF said:

A pretty weird pair at first glance, but they're growing on me!  Being able to see the bear from all angles, as well as having the little cartoons of it casually smashing stuff by accident, lend it a lot of character.  Mimikyu (Peekatyu?  That's how I'd localise it) is concerningly meta, but at the same time I think maybe this should have been this generation's Pikachu rip-off, because it'd be both an overt reference and actually very different.  I'm okay with it.  Also it's pretty bold to have your one explicit 20th anniversary celebration Pokemon be a creepy ghoul that's jealous of Pikachu's popularity.

I dare the Honest Game Trailer guys to dub it "Oswald the Lucky Pikachu".  I actually like how self referential it is though.  Maybe it's because I love 4th wall breaking humour :P

I like the idea of Pikaghost but it's weird because it's basically the second Pikaclone in one generation. I think it's interesting though, because of the 20th anniversary celebration thing. It's like the first thing to really draw attention to that fact.

The Fighting bear is alright. Having another Fighting type bear Pokemon so soon after Pangoro seems redundant though.

I don't really consider the ghost a Pikaclone. That term to me denotes an actual electric rodent Pokemon. It's just another Yokai-like creature with a specific look for a heartbreaking reason. It's simultaneously amusing and sad, and thus I want one.

The red panda though is terrible-looking to me in lieu of what a red panda actually looks like. I dare say I could've done a better design.

• Thumbs Up 4

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That PikaGhost is the most adorable thing ever! At least in this Gen!

I love it! Why did I miss this?

I don't really see it as a Pika Clone myself, mostly because its kind of in the shadow of Pikachu's popularity and its just hiding under it. If anything it reminds me of Wobbuffet. I think its general appearance mirrors it somewhat with it being a blobby kind of thing with eyes somewhere else and a weird looking tail.