Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

It's all fun and games until some asshole decides to remove the toilet........

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's nice to see that SEGA's focus on mobile is producing some fruit. Fruit I probably don't want to eat, but..

Jokes aside, I don't think this has anything to do with what Arron has been teasing.

I'm not taking this mean anything, but did anybody catch the mention of Chao? This looks like it's meant to be based on Boom, so I'm wondering if that means they'll be using any of those concepts BRB came up with for Chao designs or will they just go with the more recognizable SEGA Chao? I'm guessing the latter considering how safe and largely unchanged Shadow and Metal were in Boom.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just realized. Never mind. I just thought it was some mobile game, but I guess it isn't real? I'm a little confused, is all.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

I'm not taking this mean anything, but did anybody catch the mention of Chao? This looks like it's meant to be based on Boom, so I'm wondering if that means they'll be using any of those concepts BRB came up with for Chao designs or will they just go with the more recognizable SEGA Chao? I'm guessing the latter considering how safe and largely unchanged Shadow and Metal were in Boom.

aww they look like little dragons :3

I rather they go with the concept design. 

Ohh... I've forgotten that Sonic Boom had concepts for Chao... Really does seem like RBR wanted to make Sonic Boom a Adventure game... shame they didn't have 3 more extra years or something to work on their game.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jango said:

It's amazing how we have 78 pages of pure especulation and a few off-topic discussion here and there. This site will crash when the first teaser finally come out March 21st.

Didn't I say this a couple pages back?

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

EDIT: Oh wait, I just realized. Never mind. I just thought it was some mobile game, but I guess it isn't real? I'm a little confused, is all.

Oh God, I hope the new game doesn't have any Chao garden, those things are annoying...

So, I noticed that according to the bottom of the page, that it's copyrighted 2014 by StoreMaven. Clicking on "Get" just redirects it to the store page for Sonic Dash 2.

4 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

Oh God, I hope the new game doesn't have any Chao garden, those things are annoying...

Don't be a killjoy. And personally I'd love to see the return of the Chao garden someday. Such lovable creatures~

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Don't be a killjoy. And personally I'd love to see the return of the Chao garden someday. Such lovable creatures~

How is he being a killjoy? Assuming that's not some odd sarcastic joke, it's just his opinion, and it's a perfectly valid one. Personally, I could never get into the Chao Garden and, while I wouldn't mind it being in a new game if it were 100% optional, in Adventure 2 you apparently had to complete certain Chao challenges (Chaolenges?) for emblems, which I was not cool with, and I wouldn't be cool with that in a new game, either.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no proof that it's fake, and there's not enough proof that it's real. Although I'm starting to learn towards it being real, I think some elaboration is needed from Aaron. I wouldn't jump to conclusions at all right now. There's little reason to suspect it's part of the "special reveal" and little reason to suspect it's either real or fake.

Either way, it's very damn random and I was NOT expecting this at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

There's no proof that it's fake, and there's not enough proof that it's real. Although I'm starting to learn towards it being real, I think some elaboration is needed from Aaron. I wouldn't jump to conclusions at all right now. There's little reason to suspect it's part of the "special reveal" and little reason to suspect it's either real or fake.

Either way, it's very damn random and I was NOT expecting this at all.

So, in today's news, "a thing finally happens, and nobody has any fucking clue as to what it actually is".

31 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

How is he being a killjoy? Assuming that's not some odd sarcastic joke, it's just his opinion, and it's a perfectly valid one. Personally, I could never get into the Chao Garden and, while I wouldn't mind it being in a new game if it were 100% optional, in Adventure 2 you apparently had to complete certain Chao challenges (Chaolenges?) for emblems, which I was not cool with, and I wouldn't be cool with that in a new game, either.

It's being a killjoy because people were just talking about the concepts of Chao in Sonic Boom and somebody coming in and saying "I hope the new games won't have a chao garden, they are annoying " is a bit rude and mostly unnecessary. Also being just somebody's opinion doesn't mean those who disagree with said opinion like me don't have the right to express their thoughts on it, Some folk love the Chao Garden and never saw them in any form as a problem, and it's simple as that.

34 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

EXACTLY, ex-fucking-actly. It was so annoying, I had to cheat just so I can get all emblems. Just so play Green Hill.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

It's being a killjoy because people were just talking about the concepts of Chao in Sonic Boom and somebody coming in and saying "I hope the new games won't have a chao garden, they are annoying " is a bit rude and mostly unnecessary. Also being just somebody's opinion doesn't mean those who disagree with said opinion like me don't have the right to express their thoughts on it, Some folk love the Chao Garden and never saw them in any form as a problem, and it's simple as that.

Well you moat forgive me, I didn't mean to be rude or a 'kill joy'...we were on the topic of chao, I thought it as a good time to state my thoughts....

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Well, while I can see why someone would say something like that ("Don't be a killjoy") if someone decides to be a fun ruiner when people are just joking around (like a few pages back), he's just stating his opinion on a gameplay mechanic just like you are, and I don't think he should have to be called out for it just because it's a negative one. It's not like he insulted you for liking the Chao Garden or anything. He just said he doesn't like them and doesn't want to see them again, and that's fine.

7 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Well, while I can see why someone would say something like that ("Don't be a killjoy") if someone decides to be a fun ruiner when people are just joking around (like a few pages back), he's just stating his opinion on a gameplay mechanic just like you are, and I don't think he should have to be called out for it just because it's a negative one. It's not like he insulted you for liking the Chao Garden or anything. He just said he doesn't like them and doesn't want to see them again, and that's fine.

I simply disagreed with his opinion and dislike it when i feel people sours the mood in a conversation. Nothing else needs to be said about it, this really doesn't need to be a debate. and as such I won't continue it after this post.

32 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I simply disagreed with his opinion and dislike it when i feel people sours the mood in a conversation. Nothing else needs to be said about it, this really doesn't need to be a debate. and as such I won't continue it after this post.

Oh, geez, and you can imagine how I felt when I tried to be positive about Sonic Boom in 2014, and people were being negative left and right. People still have the right to express their opinions, regardless of whether someone else doesn't like it. You're basically saying, "If your opinion doesn't match the tone of the conversation, you shouldn't even post," which is... stupid. Whatever, I don't feel I should have to explain this to you, either, so if you don't want to reply, I really don't suppose I care.

10 hours ago, Tenko said:

The movie has been delayed till 2018 last we heard, and even if work has been started on it, I doubt we would get anything of merit shown to the public this early on in production, a piece of concept art, or a bit of vague story/setting info perhaps. I really doubt those two dates have anything to do with the movie at all as even a teaser would be a good year or more away.

Teasers can be released 2 years before a movie arrives, it's possible, plus SXSW is a movies event. If it's not that or a new game, it wouldn't be a big announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Detective Chameleon said:

Teasers can be released 2 years before a movie arrives, it's possible, plus SXSW is a movies event. If it's not that or a new game, it wouldn't be a big announcement.

Actually, SXSW was a music festival. It's only been recently that they've got all this other stuff going on, probably to capitalise on that sweet tech start-up money that's been springing up in Austin. 

So we know it's not going to be a new game specifically, and the prospect of a teaser trailer for the movie seems unlikely - the script isn't even finished, right? Reckon it will just be a wide-ranging 'SEGA's anniversary stuff for Sonic' thing, that will include 'well, yeah, we're doing an anniversary game' but with no concrete info?

We'll know next weekend, I guess.

Ruby teasing something again in the Tumblr tags: http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/140809888383/a-little-shout-out-to-that-plumber-we-all-know

#MAR10Day #Because Nintendo is very clever and they stole March 10 and combined it with leetspeak and BAM #MAR10 DAY IS BORN #so in honor of MAR10 #We're about to devolve this entire hashtag chat into l3375p34k #we recommend using a translator for this next part #because it's gonna get confusing #HERE WE GO #50 f1r57 0ff - 7h47 50n1c v1ll463 rum0r? n07 7ru3. 4ll f4k3. #53c0nd - 70d4y w3 w4n7 70 kn0w wh47 y0ur f4v0r173 k1nd5 0f r4m3n 4r3. #w3'v3 607 4 d3b473 601n6 0n 1n 7h3 0ff1c3 4nd w3 n33d y0u 70 5377l3 7h3m! #47 7h15 p01n7 w3 w0nd3r 1f y0u c4n 3v3n r34d 7h15 - 1f 50 - y0u'r3 4 7074l n3rd #y0u kn0w... 50m371m35 17'5 7h3 7h1n65 7h47 4r3 m1551n6 7h47 4r3 m057 1mp0r74n7 #n1n73nd0 why d1d y0u d0 7h15... 7h15 l3375p34k 15 k1ll1n6 u5 #0k w3'v3 60774 570p w3 c4n'7 k33p d01n6 7h15 17 m4k35 u5 f33l l1k3 w3'r3 b4ck 1n 2006 0r 50m37h1n6 #*GASP* #Whew... that was... intense... #If you made it through all that - kudos to you. #And anyway - Happy Mario Day! Even if he is still second-best.

One of the sentences translates to "you know... sometimes it's the things that are missing that are the most important".

Jet Set Radio is missing so new Jet Set Radio confirmed!!!!

I doubt this Sonic Village thing is real, not only does the link take you to abother game, but it's not even using the proper Sonic font/lettering for the title. Even when they use other designs for the rest of the game logo the word 'Sonic' has been the same style for quite a number of years.

After all this joking around and winding up the fans, whatever they are closely guarding while laughing at us from Sega HQ better be worth it >.<;

2 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I doubt this Sonic Village thing is real, not only does the link take you to abother game, but it's not even using the proper Sonic font/lettering for the title. Even when they use other designs for the rest of the game logo the word 'Sonic' has been the same style for quite a number of years.

After all this joking around and winding up the fans, whatever they are closely guarding while laughing at us from Sega HQ better be worth it >.<;

Ruby already said on Twitter that the Sonic Village thing isn't real. It also didn't come from Ruby or Gene so someone else inside of Sega was seemingly having fun andor messed up.

5 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Ruby teasing something again in the Tumblr tags: http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/140809888383/a-little-shout-out-to-that-plumber-we-all-know

One of the sentences translates to "you know... sometimes it's the things that are missing that are the most important"

You know what's always missing?

3lthUjH.png

BIG'S BIG FISHING ADVENTURE 3 CONFIRMED. 

• Thumbs Up 8