Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

Didn't the guy in one say even on a battery pack it died. And my 3ds goes on way past 3 hours running on full brightness. Even the vita I get at least 5 hours playing valkyrie

GameFly subscribers can rent Switch games upon launch.

I was initially thinking about getting a Switch at launch, but honestly, there just aren't any system-sellers for me at launch. I'll probably pick one up when Mania comes out, then REALLY get into it when we get Sonic 2017 and Mario Odyssey at the end of the year.

Worldwide speaking, this is the final day one lineup:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
1-2-Switch
Fast RMX
Just Dance 2017
Human Resource Machine
I Am Setsuna
Little Inferno
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Skylanders: Imaginators
Super Bomberman R
World of Goo
Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2
Puyo Puyo Tetris 
Disgaea 5
ACA NEOGEO The King of Fighters ’98
ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 3
ACA NEOGEO Shock Troopers
ACA NEOGEO Waku Waku 7 
ACA NEOGEO World Heroes Perfect
Blaster Master Zero 
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers 
Othello 
Soldam: Blooming Declaration
Soratobu Bunbun
Voez

1 hour ago, Azoo said:

And it's looking likely to be something they can tweak in a firmware update, because it's likely that the signal it's sending out is too weak (meaning said update would probably cut down on battery power). And if not fixable through that, then a recall is bound to happen, unfortunately.

Carry on with that classic kneeslap, followed by a hearty "Oh gracious, another fatal blunder by the buffoons at Nintendo! Good thing I don't eat everything they do up like some mindless fanboy would, and instead would rather find anything to laugh at in their expense" schpiel though if you like. Not like I can stop you, lol.

Firmware update will most certainly happen, very quickly. Probably at launch.

But yeah, drive by fanboy shitposts ( "Lol Nintendo fans are something else! This lineup is terrible, stop pretending to like what's offered." "Nintendo fans are once again, delusional and stricken with Stockholm Syndrome." "Nintendo fans keep drinking that kool aid Lmaol!" ) like that belong on funnily enough, Neogaf. Fanboy shitposting is happily encouraged on there, not SSMB. Some people out there are so desperate to see this company fail. Truly incredible. I hope all three companies are successful. Keeps the industry healthy and lively.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Azoo said:

Carry on with that classic kneeslap, followed by a hearty "Oh gracious, another fatal blunder by the buffoons at Nintendo! Good thing I don't eat everything they do up like some mindless fanboy would, and instead would rather find anything to laugh at in their expense" schpiel though if you like. Not like I can stop you, lol.

Do you see me doing that in this topic?

All I did was post a link and comment on what the subject was which is an issue that the system has which multiple sites are reporting.

You don't like it mute my posts or put a rule out that only positive news can be posted in topics. 

24 minutes ago, Zippo said:

But yeah, drive by fanboy shitposts ( "Lol Nintendo fans are something else! This lineup is terrible, stop pretending to like what's offered." "Nintendo fans are once again, delusional and stricken with Stockholm Syndrome." "Nintendo fans keep drinking that kool aid Lmaol!" ) like that belong on funnily enough, Neogaf. Fanboy shitposting is happily encouraged on there, not SSMB. Some people out there are so desperate to see this company fail. Truly incredible. I hope all three companies are successful. Keeps the industry healthy and lively.

... seriously that post is viewed as a drive by fanboy shit post?

... seriously!?

The post in this thread wasn't exactly drive-by shitposting... But turning a "your hands, body, and distance from the switch may block the signal" message into a "hand thickness blocks the signal" message......

Oh wow, lmao

I'd rather people jump on Hogfather when he's actually shitposting. Not before. I don't see the issue with his post being about hand thickness, because people did have a problem holding it regularly and not just sticking their hand in front of it.

Rule of note: A week before launch don't apparently say anything not positive. Lol jeez got passionate about that over just hoggy posting a news thing 

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Rule of note: A week before launch don't apparently say anything not positive. Lol jeez got passionate about that over just hoggy posting a news thing 

Yeaaaahhhh, this isn't necessary, man. Especially because that's not what Azoo, said.

I mean, I'm assuming this was a carryover from a previous status update, so it probably wasn't appropriate to bring it in here, but let's not do the "lol Nintendo fanboy" shit.

EDIT:

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Oh, and since I somehow missed this, don't do this either. Let's keep it clean, people.

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'd rather people jump on Hogfather when he's actually shitposting. Not before. I don't see the issue with his post being about hand thickness, because people did have a problem holding it regularly and not just sticking their hand in front of it.

Is there any footage of this occurring? The topic Hogfather linked is the Gamexplain one, where they actively go out of their way to prove it.

It's probably possible, but I have yet to see anyone talk about hand thickness specifically, lmao

3 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Is there any footage of this occurring? The topic Hogfather linked is the Gamexplain one, where they actively go out of their way to prove it.

It's probably possible, but I have yet to see anyone talk about hand thickness specifically, lmao

There's no footage, but journalists have been talking about Joycons disconnecting while playing Zelda these past couple days. I can't think of a configuration where you'd actively hold your hand in front of one of the joycons while playing that game.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

There's no footage, but journalists have been talking about Joycons disconnecting while playing Zelda these past couple days. I can't think of a configuration where you'd actively hold your hand in front of one of the joycons while playing that game.

Is this affected by the grips/wrist straps somehow?

25 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Yeaaaahhhh, this isn't necessary, man. Especially because that's not what Azoo, said.

I mean, I'm assuming this was a carryover from a previous status update, so it probably wasn't appropriate to bring it in here, but let's not do the "lol Nintendo fanboy" shit.

EDIT:

Oh, and since I somehow missed this, don't do this either. Let's keep it clean, people.

That was more in response to what zippo said(and honestly in general with any media that's hyped), as it looked like he was passively taking a shot at him. Also, I never saw his previous status so not sure what happened

As for the news in question, interested to see how that pans out. As long as it's not as ridiculous a claim like "Kinect can't read black people" and it's only a slight issue that can be fixed or ignored, shouldn't be too bad

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Do you see me doing that in this topic?

All I did was post a link and comment on what the subject was which is an issue that the system has which multiple sites are reporting.

You don't like it mute my posts or put a rule out that only positive news can be posted in topics. 

No, but you're damn right in knowing that I saw you making a status at the exact same time essentially pointing and laughing at it, so I took the idea of you posting in here about it as implication of what type of message you wanted to deliver. Especially since this ain't your first rodeo with this particular song-and-dance. Don't play coy. :v

And you'd know good and well that if you read what I posted proper that I'm not asking for positive only news. You're just going to paint it that way because I'm gonna call you out when you go "HAHAHAHAHA LOOK WHAT DUMB OL' NINTENDO DID NOW" and pretend you didn't. I admit I'd done that in the past with consoles or companies I wasn't too terribly big on, but I kinda got over having such a spiteful sense of confirmation bias, you know?

But yeah, from here I'll stop and take Zaysho's advice just as everyone else should, and if anything it was my post that was the "drive-by" so I apologize for that (even though I will not apologize for the points I've made). Regardless, lets move this topic onwards.

Anyways, yeah I'm kinda worried about the Joycon thing, but how worried I'm not sure. Like said, if it's a software problem then okay, I'm expecting a firmware update not long after launch (it could easily be that day-one update we're getting). If it's hardware though.. hoo boy. Not a good sign.

• Thumbs Up 4

Apparently they're working on this in time for launch:

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

That was more in response to what zippo said, as it looked like he was passively taking a shot at him. Also, I never saw his previous status so not sure what happened

I also said that I missed that post and addressed it. Saying things like "Rule of note: don't say anything not positive" aren't any better. But, yeah, let's just hang this up here and maybe talk about the actual issues the Switch might have instead of saying things that'll just make this another Wii U thread.

Just now, Zaysho said:

Apparently they're working on this in time for launch:

I also said that I missed that post and addressed it. Saying things like "Rule of note: don't say anything not positive" aren't any better. But, yeah, let's just hang this up here and maybe talk about the actual issues the Switch might have instead of saying things that'll just make this another Wii U thread.

I did say "a week before" which like I edited, can be true for any hyped up media. People are excited and emotions are going to get tested. It's probably not wise to be poking the sleeping bear. (Especially if one was laughing while doing it)I wasn't outright saying don't ever post negative news. 

Apparently this issue with the Joycons has only been known to occur in some American units so far. It's possible that this is a fault unique to a specific batch, but we'll have to wait and see.

I really hope that, however common, this is an easy fix. It would be a shame for such a neat bit of hardware to take such a hit at launch.

That, or it is, as it's widely known, due to the massive girth of everyone's hands in this bountiful land

HEYOOOOokayillstopnow

Good to see it getting resolved, though. Hope it's more an issue with our firmware than the signal power overall, though, as it'd suck if everyone else had 20 hours of joycon battery life, while ours have to be turbo charged...

Okay, I asked for this to stop, I mean stop. There was obviously a bit of a misunderstanding and some tempers flaring up, but that's over now. I'm hiding posts that come after my second post related to this derail and I expect that to be the end of it. Do not reply, just move on with the actual topic.

If you have any further issues, be it with moderation or what not, contact staff directly or go over our heads to the admins. Thank you.

Final day one lineup being posted again for those that missed it. 28 titles in total:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
1-2-Switch
Fast RMX
Just Dance 2017
Human Resource Machine
I Am Setsuna
Snipperclips
Little Inferno
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Skylanders: Imaginators
Super Bomberman R
World of Goo
Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2
Puyo Puyo Tetris 
Disgaea 5
ACA NEOGEO The King of Fighters ’98 
ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 3
ACA NEOGEO Shock Troopers
ACA NEOGEO Waku Waku 7 
ACA NEOGEO World Heroes Perfect
Blaster Master Zero 
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers 
Othello 
Soldam: Blooming Declaration
Soratobu Bunbun
Voez

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So like, what are people's thoughts on 1, 2 Switch so far? Cause I'm still confused on that thing 

I think it could be a lot of fun at gatherings, but it doesn't look like it's worth $50. It definitely should've been a pack-in.

• Thumbs Up 1