Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

So Nintendo commentated on the early Switch release situation 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/17/nintendo-switch-operating-system-menu-details-leak

Earlier this week, individuals claimed to prematurely purchase a small number of Nintendo Switch systems from an unspecified retailer. Nintendo has determined these units were stolen in an isolated incident by employees of a U.S. distributor, with one system being illegally resold. The individuals involved have been identified, terminated from their place of employment and are under investigation by local law enforcement authorities on criminal charges.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have to wonder if those involved have anything in their heads. Is being first so important that you'd actually steal and then show off your stolen goods?

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a look at the UK boxes and the size of the cartridges

Also we are getting interior art in the west! although this is just a fun one. Also these cartridges are tiiiinnnnnnyyyy

Some game sizes:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 13.4 GB
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 1.09 GB
- I Am Setsuna 1.40 GB
- Nobunaga’s Ambition 5 GB
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 7 GB
- Snipperclips 1.60 GB
- Dragon Quest Heroes I·II 32 GB (SD card required)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345678

Wow, day 1 there's already a game you need to buy additional storage for.

Snipperclips is surprisingly large, too.

Dragon Quest Heroes has as much memory storage as the console itself holy crap.

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Dragon Quest Heroes has as much memory storage as the console itself holy crap.

More, actually. From the UI leak video, we could see that there is 25.5 GB of available space.

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Can you buy them separately?

Yes, on other systems. However most anthologies/collections have a tendency for bloat

Bill Trinen here explaining why they made DLC for Zelda:

“It was tough, because we actually had a lot of debate in terms of do we announce it, how do we announce it. I think one of the things that’s unique about the way Nintendo develops games is when we’re working on a game, and certainly just knowing the history of Nintendo games, you guys know that it’s essentially we use every last minute to make the game as good as we possibly can, and really what that means is that the dev team was working on the main game, finished the main game, and as they’re starting to get to the very end and wrap it up, really they said, ‘You know we’ve made this massive world of Hyrule, we’ve spent a long time building it. It would be a waste to just make one game and have that be it.’ We want people to be able to enjoy exploring this world, and so they started thinking about, ‘Well, if we were going to do DLC, what would we do, how would we do it?’ And you can see that in the fact that it’s not… the DLC is not launching the day after the game or the week after. It’s coming out several months later in the form of the first pack and then several months after that in the form of the second pack. And that’s because the content is in development.

And so I think from my perspective, obviously if we were able to share more details, that would have been easier, but I think if you look to the example of something like a Mario Kart-type of a DLC approach, really what the goal is is let’s give people the option to purchase it when they’re at the store buying the game and give them something to look forward to, and kind of let them know there’s more to come in this world. And if you’re a Zelda fan buying Nintendo Switch at launch and really you’re buying it for Zelda, I mean how happy are you to know that hey, I’m going to be able to play more Zelda in this world again later this year.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/20/bill-trinen-has-explained-why-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-getting-dlc/

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Yes, on other systems. However most anthologies/collections have a tendency for bloat

I meant on the Switch. You can't. So, saying they're two games is irrelevant. If you want only one of them or you want both, it'll take up 32gb.

I just realized I posted that in the wrong thread, whoops

I guess it's still relevant here but I should probably go move it, hehe

Is DQ Heroes digital only?

6 minutes ago, God Eater Lenka said:

I just realized I posted that in the wrong thread, whoops

I guess it's still relevant here but I should probably go move it, hehe

Is DQ Heroes digital only?

No.  You can get it physically, too. 

Just now, Marcello said:

No.  You can get it physically, too. 

Oh, thank goodness. I don't have money for yet another storage device thingy.

1 minute ago, God Eater Lenka said:

Oh, thank goodness. I don't have money for yet another storage device thingy.

It's not confirmed for the West, yet. So, you might have to pay more for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It probably will come West, but not for some time. Square-Enix is trying to sell the standalone ps4 version of Heroes 2 in April.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, could've sworn that I picked a User ID over a month ago. Is this somehow different?

For reference, this is my Nintendo account page on mobile:

Screenshot_2017-02-21-09-40-35.png

1 minute ago, Captain Metallix said:

Huh, could've sworn that I picked a User ID over a month ago. Is this somehow different?

For reference, this is my Nintendo account page on mobile:

Screenshot_2017-02-21-09-40-35.png

Yeah, I'm confused, too. I did this way back when My Nintendo first started. Is this something else, or did people just forget?

I think people just didn't realize there was a separate setting for assigning it to the Nintendo Account from the NNID. I've always just been logging in with my NNID.

Yeah pretty sure it's a different setting like people were logging in with NNIDs and technically using that and/or your Mii's name from it.