Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog Mk.II (Daft and Tolerating It)-PAGE 72, FIN

Dr. Crusher

Day 7.

My first thought goes out to Cream. I'm thinking characters without many abilities having the easiest way to go, and given her lack of any real powers, she's a good start.

...granted, her status as a talking, walking animal kind of means she's going to get abducted to be tested on really fast in all likelihood, but small detail.

Assuming the characters keep their powers though, hmm. I think Tails would adjust the easiest. He has no nemesis to fight anymore, but he does still have his hobby of tinkering and inventing, and he'd probably get really rich really fast. Sonic wouldn't have an archnemesis so much as a bunch of smaller ones (I'm thinking dictators, terrorist leaders, etc.) so might have quite a shock to his normal hero routine. Knuckles similarly wouldn't have no Master Emerald, and jokes aside, that's kind of a large part of his backstory.

There's also the easy answer: Eggman. Like Tails, he has plenty of intellect to fall back on. He's also human, so no one's going to gawk at him. Landing in our world, Eggman would adjust easily. He'd blend right in and likely be savvy enough to quickly amass the resources needed to dominate the world unopposed.

I'm assuming the world transplantation only happens to one character at a time, though, because otherwise we just end up with Sonic X, as mentioned.

Question #7: Which character(s) do you think would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world?

I think Tails would be the best character who'd fit in. Thanks to all the technology we have in the real world, along with some of the resources Tails might be able to get his hands on, he'd be like a child in a candy shop with all the options he has. That's not to mention that he enjoys learning and all that so he'd also likely would love to read up on the history and culture of the real world as well. He'd also likely get some real praise for being able to build what he can at such a young age. He'd also would likely try his best to help people as well, sort of like what he did in Sonic Chronicles.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Question 7: Reality is a harsh harsh world

Character I think would best adjust to our environment? Honestly, it's a hard question since when we look at it despite how different Sonic's world is from ours, they could all easily adjust to our environments, but both Sonic and Tails would probably best fit there. With Tails,

he'd be like a child in a candy shop with all the options he has. 

:P

With the expansive kind of base technology enthusiasts have, I'm pretty sure he'd be able to make lots of friends in our world. In his world not many people relate to his kind of skill regarding technology, but that's the exact opposite in our world. Tails would really thrive with his skills in such a world where he'll be able to gain new knowledge as well as teach others. I'm pretty sure Tails (And a lot of other Sonic characters) are always up for a challenge, and a world without a lot of the materials he uses to build his gadgets seems right up there as something to test his skills.

On one hand, Sonic isn't the kind of character who would really be freaked out by being in a strange environment. If anything, he'd be excited to go on an adventure, learn about the surroundings, embrace them and explore farther than the people who have lived there for many years. If Sonic X was any indication he began the first few episodes just running off and exploring things (Much to Chris' dislike, but who the hell cares about that kid anyway). Many people wouldn't pick Sonic as the one who would easily adjust, but as someone who has trouble really diving into cultures outside my own myself, Sonic's eagerness to learn and live life the way he sees fit defines not just how easily he'd adapt to other worlds, but his entire personality himself.

The other Team Sonic member, Knuckles on the other hand?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do as well. (Where are mah mastah emeralds)

EDIT: Forgot to add a few things in my original post regarding why I chose Tails and Sonic. Apologies.

• Thumbs Up 2

DAY SEVEN: SONIC CHARACTERS ADJUSTING IN THE REAL WORLD

Honestly? I don't think any of them would be able to fit inside of the real world all that well. The only obvious answer being Eggman, since he's human, but even he wouldn't make much out of our world as he'd probably be locked up in jail and sent away for his crimes. The other being Maria, since, well, she already had a normal life before her grandpa got all cuckoo. 

Aside from that, the only character that I outright believe could make a living here would be someone like Amy. She doesn't really cause a lot of trouble and just wants to do her own thing in life. I mean, she's probably one of the more normal characters in the Sonic universe, sudden magic powers to make giant hammers appear at her own will aside.

Rouge would also probably fit in pretty well. She's well maintained enough to live on her own without anyone telling her anything. She could probably have her own living space and work in a decent paying job somewhere. Let's just hope that they don't find her track records...

To be frank, this question probably brings this up a statement into my mind. It probably isn't about how well Sonic and his friends and enemies can handle this new world and its people and locales, it's about how well we could handle them. For seeing a bunch of furred animals running around in shoes and clothes while stopping giant robots built by an oval constructed madman hellbent on taking over the world is far from something that wouldn't freak the average human being out.

The one I'd think would need the least adjustment to the real world is...

2nkqdc1.png

Big

Big and Froggy live such a chill lifestyle when they're not roped into helping save the world that I think stepping into reality wouldn't really make much of a difference to them. They'd probably find themselves another cozy little jungle home with a fishing hole and simply go about their regular business of fishing, eating, napping, and repeat. The only thing they'd probably have to worry about is the odd explorer snapping a blurry pic of them and creating a Bigfoot-level myth, but no one would believe the guy about a giant purple cat fishing in the jungle, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 7: Which Character Could Adjust Best to the Real World?

This one's going to be a bit unusual, I think that the Sonic character who would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world is...

Emerl

By the end of Sonic Battle Emerl has developed what is probably one of the most stable personalities in the Sonic universe. That balance would make it relatively easy for him to adapt to the changes he'll inevitably face. In addition he's also something of a go-getter, meaning that he's more than willing to rise to whatever challenges are thrown at him. To top it all off his copying ability makes it incredibly easy for him to pick up the skills and behaviors he'd need to live day-to-day life in our world. Through his perfect mimicry skills he could learn how to do everything from acting properly in social situations to preforming brain surgery after seeing it done just once. He could probably live a normal life in our world better than a lot of us can.

I don't see Amy having that much trouble coping with being dropped into the real world either, seeing how she's always had a more ordinary life anyway, at least in comparison to the likes of Shadow, Blaze and Knuckles.

Funny thing is that, in a weird way, these guy might be able to handle better than a lot of other characters. Not because they can adjust well, but because they're such fish out of water in their own worlds that basically nothing changes for them by coming to ours.

• Thumbs Up 2

So for question 6, it HAS to come out of the game itself, and not like finding humor in someone ELSE's reaction to the game like SGB's playthrough of the multiplayer?

Question #7: Which character(s) do you think would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world?

I will say Dr. Eggman because he would not constantly be bothered about being a talking animal since he can blend in more better. It would be interesting if he try to take over the planet.

If not Dr. Eggman I would say Sonic and Tails but only because they could possibly be mistaken as fake depends how they appear in real world than. They could easily adapt to the world with only some minor changes here and there.

Day 7: Which character(s) do you think would have the easiest time adjusting to the real world?

Huh, there's an odd one. I'll work under the assumption that we have a best case scenario where humanity in general responds well to this scenario.

Big_8.png

Yeah, I'll have to say Big. He already lives in the wild, and assuming he ends up in a forest / jungle somewhere, he'd be set for life really. The only complications I can think of are probably realistic for Sonic's world (such as something messing with the environment he lives in) or, in this scenario, he ends up somewhere that's not at all ideal for Big to live in. I feel like he'd adjust and find a new kind of home, though--but most likely, it'd still be somewhere out in the wild...

Runners up:

• Sonic. He'd probably adapt fairly easily, I think. He's had a lot of experience with really weird situations, from battling robots on a regular basis, to going into storybooks, to being thrown into some labyrinths without his speed, and even to the point of time and space being seriously screwed up. Given his lifestyle, he'd probably just keep traveling and helping out people along the way without too much trouble. He'd probably be trying to find a way back though, especially if Eggman's still back in their universe.
  • And any character that I imagine has a fairly normal life in the Sonic 'verse. Again, I'm working under the assumption that humanity handles this whole thing well and somehow integrates this newcomer / these newcomers into society or....something. But yeah, characters like Rouge, Amy, Tails, etc. would be fine.
  • I'm mixed on Eggman. He's smart and could potentially figure out how to adapt, but I doubt he'd be able to let go of the supervillainy and somehow I....don't see it working out quite as well in our world, especially if he makes any huge threats to the world or something.
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'm going to follow up on something people mentioned yesterday.

sonic%20man.png

This guy!

He'd have no trouble adapting to this world...or at least, he wouldn't once he discovered the multitude of Sonic the Hedgehog fansites. Millions of like-minded people around the world to chat with, all of that Sonic trivia to take in, and the constant news stream of all things hedgehog. I can even imagine him having his own gif-ridden Geocities website. He'd attend Summer of Sonic or Sonic Boom for sure.

Not sure how he'd finance his life though, I can't imagine him holding down a steady job...unless he's willing to be the guy in the mascot costume. Which he probably would be.

• Thumbs Up 8

You know, this question reminds me of a Megaman OVA that came out years ago; in America it was called "Megaman: Upon a Star". It showed the Megaman cast as people coming out from "The Game World" in modern-day Japan (the series was about Japanese culture and history, seen from the eyes of Megaman, who apparently was built in America in-canon)

5GqzSOm.jpg
  • Thumbs Up 4

...Yeah I'll prolly end up doing all my posts 3 at a time because adult life fun times. =U

5. Headcanons

My ones are pretty minor I guess and mostly grounded in reality anyway, or at least ignoring the games that write the characters badly.  Namely my big one is that Sonic and Amy are close friends and Amy just happens to have a crush on Sonic.  She's not a psychotic stalker, she's not a fangirl, Sonic cares for her deeply and considers her a friend almost as close as Tails, he's just not romantically interested in her and is probably always trying to be as nice to her as he can, and do things with her that he knows she'll enjoy, without ever going too far as to tease her or make it seem like he's romantically interested.  Amy really loves Sonic, but she knows when it's time to be serious and put her feelings away for the moment.  This is my ideal writing for these characters together, some games do it and some don't, so...

I love Sonamy fanart though when it's drawn just right so I'm still garbage

6. Funniest thing to come out of Sonic 2006

There's a lot of good stuff out there but the first thing that came to mind to me personally was this youtube poop:

Geez some of it still makes me laugh and I must've watched it like 10 times now over the years lol.  Warning, some sex jokes/swearing/slurs via sentence mixing edits (like, y'know, standard fare for YTP).

7. Which character would fit into our world the easiest

Sonic X kind of addressed this canonically lol (or at least, as close to canon as a spin-off Sonic media has ever been).  Definitely Amy, Cream and Vanilla, and all the other NPCs that live fairly "civilian" lives between adventures like the Chaotix etc.  Knuckles would probably be fine, master emerald duties excluded.  Honestly Tails and Sonic would be okay too since Tails would be happy as long as he can work on mechanical stuff and Sonic would just explore the world.  Silver would be alright to just hang out and live in a peaceful world too I imagine.  The only characters I can imagine being at a slight loss would be those who seem to thrive on having an enemy to fight or goal to persue, like Shadow, Rouge, Omega or maybe Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 2

Crap, I had no idea this was happening again! Oh well, better late than never I guess.

Day 5 - Headcanons

I don't really think about headcanons often, as I prefer to play by what's been given to me (despite that not being much). But if there is any headcanon that I have made up, it's probably that Eggman actually cannot live without Sonic around and that is why he has not outright killed him even when he had the chance. It's similar to Batman and Joker, in some forms the character enjoys Batman's presence despite them being arch enemies. I think the same could be said for Sonic and Eggman, as it's already clear that their relationship is not entirely malicious. It's especially the case in Boom, where they share a very apparent love/hate relationship.

Day 6 - Funniest Sonic 06 moment

Crusher, you're breaking my heart here. In a game that is so god damn hilarious at every turn, how do I pick just one moment? It's nigh on impossible!.....well.....unless you count this one specific cutscene:

Shadow-round-kicks-silver-shadow-the-hed

Not only is this my favourite moment in Sonic 06, but one of my favourite Shadow moments period. It's the simplicity of the scene which makes it, Shadow just roundhouse kicks Silver in the back of the head, no questions asked, no quips. And I absolutely love it every time I see it.

Day 7 - Which character would fit into our world the easiest

Now this is a toughie....but for the sake of humanity, by God am I going to say it!

Big_the_Cat_Sonic_Channel.gif

It may seem like I am, but I am absolutely not joking. Firstly, let's get the obvious out of the way; he's a cat. A fat cat. Everybody loves cats. Everybody loves fat cats. Therefore, he is the perfect candidate for a domestic pet, and nobody would suspect a thing. Secondly, he is laid back and his primary skill is fishing. No super sonic speeds, no flying with two tails, just his trusty fishing rod. Point is, he's so human that he makes humans look non-human. He u durst ands the essentials to life, something that we as humans have long since lost touch with. Big should be an inspiration to us all.

Day 7: Who would have the easiest time adapting to the real world

Sonic

You remember that episode of Sonic X where Chris doesn't want Sonic to go back to his own world and the two go off on an ET style bike adventure? Yeah...I know, I know. The point is, Sonic actually says to Chris that he'd be fine in the real world, as long as he had somewhere to run. Though that version of Sonic liked to lie around the place a lot more than his game incarnations. I think Sonic would eventually reach boredom without having some sort of large-scale threat to deal with. Depending on circumstance, Sonic may or may not work out.

Amy

Amy has always been more of the domestic type. In Sonic Adventure it seems she's living in human civilisation just fine. I think she'd probably fair the best in the real world. Just imagine her face in places like London or New York. She'd probably love having a flat with a room mate somewhere, heading for the town, the cinema etc. 

Professor Pickle

Bet none of you expected this guy to turn up for this. I know the Sonic Unleashed world is meant to be a representation of ours but none the less it isn't the real world. Since the two worlds have a lot in common I think he'd be just fine moving over. In the same way we take novelty at how things in our world have equivalents in the Sonic Unleashed universe but are a bit different, I think it'd be vice-versa with him. For example, Big Ben instead of the Spagonia Clock Tower.

• Thumbs Up 3

Professor Pickle

Bet none of you expected this guy to turn up for this. I know the Sonic Unleashed world is meant to be a representation of ours but none the less it isn't the real world. Since the two worlds have a lot in common I think he'd be just fine moving over. In the same way we take novelty at how things in our world have equivalents in the Sonic Unleashed universe but are a bit different, I think it'd be vice-versa with him. For example, Big Ben instead of the Spagonia Clock Tower.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hm... This is a tough question. I have a few answers, so let's start with Shadow.

Now, I say this because in Sonic X and his own game, he pretty much is already in the real world. What with the White House and the President and what have you. He seemed pretty much unfazed by everything happening aside from aliens.

I do wonder how he'd cope with everything being so normal, though. I think most characters wouldn't, especially Sonic. He seems to enjoy saving the world well enough, but nothing world-threatening ever happens. I'd think most characters would be pretty bored in our world, hehe.

But then characters like Cream generally live a normal life and don't spend all their time saving the world. The Chaotix would probably be fine, as they're detectives and a band. The real world has plenty of people that need or want both of those things.

And Tails is an inventor and mechanic, he'd fit right in. The Babylon Rogues would definitely adjust fine. We have skate parks and whatnot. Knuckles would probably have a harder time to adjust, and he wouldn't have much to do anymore.

So I think the most likely characters to adjust easily to our world would be either Cream or the Chaotix.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day VII: Best Adjustment to the Real World

Who'd adjust the best to our world? I think Emerl might be able to easily adjust to reality, surprisingly. By the end, he's become incredibly stable in personality. Also, granted his copying ability, he can adjust so damn fast to our world. Big, as a quiet type, would also easily adjust to our word. The Chaotix might like reality better than their world. Also, Fiona Fox, free of the inhibitions of those Destructix, can finally seek help. Shade would make a killing in the technology industry as a tester. 

Who'd adapt the least? I bet Zazz would instantly be hauled off to a mental institution for the criminally insane as a loud sociopath with zero chance of competing with Jack the Ripper and Jeffrey Dahmer.  The Babylon Rogues would be abject failures in our world, as well. Everyone can see them in their blimp. At best, life in prison. At worst, fried chicken for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, characters that can get down with the real world?

Well of course, being the guy with the most unpopular opinions in the series but I can say that Silver might actually have a pretty nice time chilling around, exploring the various things the world has to offer and just feel overall really happy and excited. Though since Silver already seems to have saved his timeline if Colors DS is anything to go by but I'm pretty sure that Silver would atleast want to experience what the present world of ours is about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 7: Easiest adjustment to the real world

Honestly, I don't think that any character wouldn't have hard time to adjust because their world, especially the area of United Federations is quite similar to real world (of course this depends on which continuity we are talking about). But I say Eggman (or any other human character) because he's human so he wouldn't look so weird.

Question #7 - Which Sonic character would have an easy time fitting on the real world?

Honestly? What some people may not have taken into account(I see some who did), is that some humans are fucking awful, so they'd see the Sonic characters and go ''How can I use that for my own purposes'' or ''let's see what we can learn from cutting them up.''.

So I only have one character in mind, and it's the Blue Blur himself. He'd have no problems dealing with people trying to do awful things to him, since he already has to deal with that a lot in his own world, his speed would be his best ally here and he'd have a brand new world to explore and see all the wonders of it, plus meeting the good people who ARENT trying to muder him.

Tho' I do think he'd sooner or later would find all the fanart about him and try to kill himself anyways.

Day 7: Characters that would have the easiest time *Sonic X is good for something finally!* adjusting to the real world?

Simply put, I'd say Sonic and Tails; easily. Sonic for his care free attitude (as long as he has a place to run, sleep, and eat chilly dogs he'll be fine) and Tails because he'd probably be too fascinated by our technology to care about mostly anything else. Also, Tails seems to do pretty ok when experiencing weird stuff as long as Sonic is around to hang out with so that's even more of a reason here.

Also, maybe Big. As long as he has that frog and a place to fish, I can't see him having too much trouble either. If he chooses to stay in the forest then he could also be mistaken as a purple Big Foot, which would be hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

SU_Wentos.png

Since Wentos is no longer shy, he would travel the world, increasing this inventory and selling items at bargain prices…sometimes.

Trying to find him, however, is another story altogether…unless he gets a website or something.

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 7: Which character would most easily adjust to the real world:

Oh, that's an easy one:

All-star-Big.png

FROGGY!

I'm sure he would be ecstatic about living in a world of non-anthropomorphic animals such as himself! Plus, since all frogs look alike, he would never be found by his massive, furry tormentor! (His words, not mine.) 

Although he apparently still has that tail, so blending in might be a bit tricky...

• Thumbs Up 2

Vanilla and Cream I think. They seem to be the most grounded and socially realistic characters amongst the cast. They live pretty much like Earth people do hence why I think they'd find it the easiest to adjust.

• Thumbs Up 3