Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

Was told by my co-workers today that we have 16 Jigglypuff and 4 of everyone else. I'm not even allowed to get Lucina and Robin put on hold for me because they're going a first come first serve rule. Thankfully, apparently you can only get 1 amiibo per character, so I'm literally praying that when my break time comes (which is 30mins after the store opens...), I can just zoom right on over to electronics and grab Lucina and Robin. 

Only characters I need from Wave 4 (Pac-Man is shipping from GameStop now, and waiting on Walmart to ship Squid Girl). If I'm lucky to get Lucina and Robin tomorrow, I'll be so grateful and will officially stop Amiibo hunting forever. (Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, and Squid Girl is all I need).

I just want to get all the Smash amiibo figures. Any that won't be available as figures, I'll settle for either the Super Mario Series OR the Cards. I'm already working on a new shelf made out of perler beads, and I recently got a Captain Falcon and Pac-Man from Japan. Named Captain Falcon "Ryu Suzaku" and gave him the colors to go with it, and called Pac-Man "Lemon Ball," because Skeebo can!

Preparing for tomorrow... My body is ready for the amiibo-pocalypse.

I popped into my local toy store today to ask if they'd be getting the new ones in tomorrow.

They actually had them in already, but obviously weren't allowed to sell them before release. When I asked if they could set some aside for me, they couldn't even do that any more, it had to be first come, first served.

The crazy thing? They only got four of each in. Luckily I live nearby and have the week off work, so I can be at the store for opening to make sure (hopefully) I get them. Just so long as there aren't four people in front of me when I get there for 9AM.

People stole an entire truck of these things?! Jesus, I'm not sure whether to be pissed, saddened, or impressed. It just speaks to how poorly Nintendo is handling this if they can't even make more to fulfill the orders lost. Not to mention how that truck somehow had the entirety of GAME's stock of inkling amiibos on it. Just when I thought this situation couldn't get any worse...

Also, somebody should probably warn Deji, TBC, and any other member who lives in New York because a

over at NWS. This is just ridiculous.

Again, good luck to you all tomorrow (especially sorry to hear what happened to you Gabz DX). Here's hoping none of you are effected by that truck heist and that your pre-orders go through. Friday is going to be hell for everyone that wants an amiibo this wave, plain and simple. There's honestly no other way in saying it.

Also,

Well, I ****ed up today.

Found these at my local Toys R Us on the way to work.

*0_0*

I don't know what I was thinking.. In fact I may have had my mind officially blown since I was not expected to see these at all.

I had enough money to purchase all 6.. and I didn't even get 1.

I returned to the store an hour and a 1/2 later.. 5 were gone and one as placed on hold for someone behind the counter.

I'm an absolute idiot. Really hope more show up soon, but right now I can't shake this feeling of failure ._.

Meanwhile, at Celerina's place. - w-

Xbfh2GB.jpg

The SM Line of Amiibos are just on the shelf below. Due to space at the mo. - w- No I don't have the Gold or Silver Mario. I only have happy colorful Mario.

EDIT: Literally right after I took this photo I checked the mail. Add a Lucina up in there. o wo

Let the battle begin, ladies and gentlemen!

I'm already up, getting ready to line up at the nearest Wal-Mart for Jigglypuff (She's an exclusive there for us Canadians) After I catch the Puff, Toys R Us is where I'll go for Greninja and hopefully, Robin and Lucina. My EB Games pre-order for everyone else has been delayed but will be honored soon.

Wish me luck guys!

I get to try to catch amazon's splatoon 3-pack tonight at work.  9-9:30 for me, with the item going up 'randomly' during that window.  I hate logging into any personal account at work; every time you log on they remind you that gov't computers have no privacy. Admittedly, one of my co-workers used to spend half her lunches ordering things left, right and center and never had issues.  The inkling boy and girl are also on the list - separately, and both earlier, so I can't even try to get them after failing to get the three-pack.  Given the one-per-customer limit, it might have made more sense to do that the other way 'round.  I may also try for the Silver Mario - I'd rather have gold, but I'm not paying $60 for something that should have been available locally.  (Not that it's a must-have, just I thought it was neat because I really loved NSMB2, so I'd have gotten it if I saw it.)

But these squids I want.

I got Lucina and Pac-Man @ Nintendo world, I also got Kirby this past Tuesday. Done with amiibo hunting for now until I find a job

Ness was within my reach, but a stupid scalper beat me to it! Heck he even glated about he managed to get the last amiibos of Robin, Lucina, and Ness. Man scalpers suck.

Well, I've struck gold this morning! Or should I say...

SILVER?!IMG_01821_zps9383iv29.jpg

Just gotta get that fat, repulsive garlic-muncher and that woolly dinosaur with the hue of the sky and I can retire from amiibo hunting!

Camped Target right after I was done at work at 12:30am .. missed getting 4th in line by like 2 minutes :/

Ended up 8th and there were 26 people when doors opened.

Co-worker was actually first in the line since he got off early so he got a Jigglypuff and 1 of the 4 available Robin and Lucinas

I didn't want Charizard, Wario, PAC-man or Silver Mario so all I ended up with was Jigglypuff and the Splatoon 3 pack

Heading over to Toys R Us now to pick the Splatoon up along with my pre-ordered PAC-Man and Greninja.

edit - excited to hear how strickers day went :)

I hope you guys have found better luck getting Ness than me. I found out by the gamestop employee at my local store that the majority of the new amiibos, INCLUDING Ness were never even shipped to my county, or region.They just... don't have any of them. HUGE bummer.

They had 5  of each Splatoon stuff though, Which was tempting, but I had to pass. I might regret that later but pfff that money's for Ness, man. Whenever I can find him... :'(

Well then... so I was up and ready to go at 7 when I heard my mom calling for me. Apparently my neighbor needed help with her car. Needless to say, I was freaking crying inside. Of all the damn days... anyways, I go to help get her car started and end up getting to TRU at around 8:15 with about 5 others in front of me. By 9:30 I had this behind me...

2yjzg5u.jpg

*this line started to stretch around the corner... and here I was thinking I was late*

I honestly didn't know what to expect. I was hoping they would have enough but I've been in the same situation before with Meta Knight and have been brutally disappointed. Finally, 30 minutes before open, the manager came out and started passing out tickets for the amiibos people wanted. And...

dpwfbp.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEE. I didn't stick around to find out how many Greninjas they had (I'm guessing 20-30 judging the boxes in the back) but I do know they only had 6 of the Splatoon pack. Figured I'd pick it up sense I'm more than likely going to get the game in the next week (it is quite fun) and I'd rather be safe than sorry with those amiibo missions.

After I picked these up I saw that Gamestop had just gotten in my pre-orders so I went over and picked up my Ness, Charizard, and Pac-man as well. Add in the Jigglypuff that's in transit and I can safely say I'm good for this wave. Honestly can't believe how lucky I was with everything falling into place. Good luck to the rest of you who are still looking!

• Thumbs Up 4

Sadly, I couldn't really skip work to go to Tru, so I'm up to luck of the draw, so you never know, but I probably won't get anything(have to go there either way to most likely cancel my splatoon preorder :( )

I managed to get the Splatoon Triple Pack at Target.  I was kind of worried at first because two kids decided to cut the line (against their mother's orders no less) and snagged two of them, but Target had 4 in stock.

I really shouldn't of been worried though.  A guy who works at the Gamestop up the street was there too, and he said he's reserve one of the two they had if I couldn't find it there.

So my sister took the day off to go amiibo hunting at Toys R Us. While I had forgot to tell her I ordered them all online, She still went and got some for me. Cause I figured good bargaining material/sell for DECENT prices to friends.

Didn't expect her to get a Silver Mario though! So I'm happy I'll be having the sad cold Silver Mario as well, but now also have an extra Lucina, Pac-Man, Greninja and Wario and Charizard to trade with. Potentially an extra Ness, Robin and third Lucina too, if my order from Yes Asia goes though.

Back from TRU. Greninja didn't make it home, he's already in a box being shipped to its new owner.

There was a sign up front for people waiting in line that it a limit of 1 Amiibo per customer.. That sadly applied to my pre-orders... But oddly enough they were still handing out Greninjas even after the line dispersed .. in fact people were going in, picking 1 up (I.e Wario) then heading back outside, reentering the store then getting another (Charizard)

We ran into people I pre-ordered with and they had chosen to go to another Target, when that store opened there were only 5 people in line compared to the store I chose which had 26 :/

Anyway, this release was handled way better than Rosalinas and Lucarios release.. More numbers, happier people..

Shame about the lack of Lucinas and Robins thou, it would've made everyone's day if they were available to everyone.

Oh, also stopped by the other 3rd local Target to see what was going on, 5 PAC-Mans and a few multi and single pack Splatoon Amiibos were still available.

Happy it worked out for you stricker, looks like you were right with the increased number of Greninjas going around :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Managed to find Silver Mario today at Gamestop (though I can't help but feel like it should've been Silver Luigi). And I found Charizard at Wal-Mart, my first Pokémon amiibo. Last one, too!

Lucina, Robin, Ness, Pac-Man and Girl Inkling are going to arrive between the 8th and 15th. They just shipped today. :D

So based on the stores me and my brother went to I think it's safe to say the status of wave 4 goes like this.

Common

Pac-Man

Silver Mario

Inkling Boy

Inkling Girl

Greninja

Rare

Lucina

Robin

Ness

Splatoon Triple Pack aka Squid Inkling

Wario