Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

I can sense that Mr. Game & Watch is gonna be super-rare despite how simple he looks. Everyone is gonna buy 3 of each just for the multiple poses. Not to mention the collectors who want to keep their stuff in box and the scalpers who buy multiple anyway.

Damnit.

You guys who want to collect amiibos are probably going to cry. Nintendo has announced all 51 characters in Smash will get Amiibos, along with DLC characters, and 3 different Mii Amiibos.

Um, we knew that all Smash characters would get Amiibo all along, and it was a safe bet that the DLC characters would get Amiibo too after they announced both Mewtwo and Lucas would get Amiibo.

I can sense that Mr. Game & Watch is gonna be super-rare despite how simple he looks. Everyone is gonna buy 3 of each just for the multiple poses. Not to mention the collectors who want to keep their stuff in box and the scalpers who buy multiple anyway.

Damnit.

I was under the impression ALL THREE variations were in one box.

John Numbers now owns the largest gold mario amiibo ever created.

GG.

Um, we knew that all Smash characters would get Amiibo all along, and it was a safe bet that the DLC characters would get Amiibo too after they announced both Mewtwo and Lucas would get Amiibo.

I was under the impression ALL THREE variations were in one box.

I guess I worded my post wrong when I said "with each." My bad.

I know all three variations will be in one box, but people will still buy 3 or more Game & Watches regardless of whether or not the poses are included.

Got myself a Fox amiibo, to keep my Megaman amiibo company.

48QDEmH.png

The best part? It was the last one they had in store, and I don't think they're gonna get another that easily. They were still waiting for three Shulk amiibos they ordered at day one. I don't have the monado boy's ability to see in the future, but I think they'll have to wait until the limited edition of Xenoblade for  New3DS.

i1sH4w4.png

See that space between Samus and Yoshi? That's where Fox was. And I know what you're thinking. I'm not interested in that Marth amiibo. Now, if it was Lucina...

I still want a Captain Falcon, but I'm not willing to fork over tons of cash so wait and see I guess

I have:

Fox, Samus, Splatoon trio(still need the game though)

My Rosalina and Luma I ordered off of Yesasia back in May just got cancelled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F535Xpu0NDE

NO IWATA I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

Just got back from getting DP and Pally, only to find that Argos restocked Marth. Needless to say, I went down town straight away to bag myself one.

I dunno how this happened, but.

qjHp3Lw.jpg

ONE OF US, ONE OF US, FLOOGLE FLAGGLE FLOOGLE FLAGGLE. (surprisingly 3 of the rarest amiibos out there were the ones that I got for £10.99 each on Nintendo's UK Store)

Speaking of which, it seems like the Amiibos that released today will be receiving one of those restocks on Ninty's UK Store like they did with the ones they restocked the other day, but these ones will all be shipped on July 3rd (this upcoming friday) so staaay tuuuuned.

cgMRyfc.jpg

ayyyy~

...I'm impressed with GAME for the first time in years. Like seriously. Disappointment after disappointment with them fucking up my preorders or just poor service overall, today was like a godsend. I went in and picked up ZSS and Palutena from my preorder I put down at the end of April and after that I still had £20 left, so I thought 'why not' and asked if they had any Dark Pits in stock that hadn't been reserved for preorders, the woman checked and said they hadn't got any in yet and asked me to check back in either later or tomorrow.

So I just went and walked around town for an hour or two (and now I kinda want to go back after Galabance says his Argos restocked Marth...), went back in there and asked a different guy if they had any and they shockingly did so I snapped that up right away.

I will get around to Ganondorf at some point, but considering he'll probably be the most common out of these four in the long run, I'm not too fussed. I'm just really impressed with GAME for once and happy I got these three if anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do Palutena's legs disappear after a certain point like Peach?

Speaking of, her beta amiibo had full legs. She even had underwear. Guess Nintendo thought it was unnecessary to put all that detail in. XP

Do Palutena's legs disappear after a certain point like Peach?

Speaking of, her beta amiibo had full legs. She even had underwear. Guess Nintendo thought it was unnecessary to put all that detail in. XP

• Thumbs Up 2

Her left leg seems to be full, but her right does seem to disappear as they go up. And no, the legs don't go up far enough for her to have visible undies.

...what? don't judge me. you all took a peek too and don't even lie about it >:U

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Dark Pit's face is honestly perfect, probably the best face out of any of the anime/realistic style characters I've seen so far, whilst Palutena's eyes are a little... yeah, just a little bit creepy. Nothing big like Galabance said, certainly not as bad as those Michael Myers eyes she looked like she had going on in those preview images but still not exactly 'great', might post a picture because it's hard to describe. I do love the choice of the transparent plastic for the light behind her though, it actually looks really pretty.

ZSS has that awesome Mega Man gloss finish on her suit, her face is pretty well done (so's her bod ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)) but her hair just kinda bothers me, it looks like a banana or some shit lol. But then again a ponytail like hers would be hard to nail in a figurine like this I assume, so I'd let it slide.

Recently got a Pit amiibo, he has been dubbed Galabance, after one of us. Training begins soon.

Canadian Toys R Us and EB Games recieved small but hopeful restocks on rare amiibo from Wave 1 and 2. Sounds like a good sign!

Got some new arrivals to the collection today/yesterday! Ike, Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena and Ganondorf to be exact.

hYtKzu6.png

One thing I can say about the Wave 5 amiibos - These fuckers are BIG. Dark Pit's spear extends off the base a good distance and Ganondorf and Palutena dwarf the gold smash emblem on the base. They're pretty good quality, Ganondorf was the one I was most impressed with as his armor is nicely painted. Only complaint is Palutena's wing thing behind her head. It feels too much like one of those discs you get with a plastic disc shooter, if that makes any sense.

Other then that, it's still a pretty good wave. Man, these 5 amiibos in addition to Captain Falcon, Little Mac and WFT.. I got real lucky with this amiibo thing so far. Glad I didn't have to pay any abnormally large prices for these. (I was in town the other day because I heard from a friend that the CeX there had got a Shulk in, and the price for a unboxed, pre-owned Shulk was £28/$44 and I was like noooooooooooooo)

Went into GAME on Friday to pick up Yoshi's Woolly World and I had completely forgotten that the latest wave of amiibo came out the same day too... I'd all but given up on trying to get my hands on any of the figures - all the mad dashing to pre-order is way too much stress! - but fortunately, as it was release day, they had a few on the shelves in the store... I couldn't resist! Behold, my latest impulse purchase...

20150629_152121-1_zps8kxgqxc5.jpg

20150629_152206-1_zpsvj0kv0ft.jpg

20150629_152220_zpsubagmuxk.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently, the first thing sold on Amazon in Mexico is an Ike amiibo.

dSf3Hqxl.jpg

Us amiibo hunters have just made history.

• Thumbs Up 3

lt0eXWk.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: i WENT BACK TO ARGOS TO PICK UP SOMETHING FOR MY MOTHER AND THEY HAD MARTH ON DISPLAY SO I GOT A MARTH TODAY TOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Thumbs Up 2