Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

And from the other side of things...

gXZfzAd.png

yooo~

So yes! Pre-ordered amiibos should now be arriving today in Europe!

Robin and Lucina arrived yesterday evening, but the office was closed when I went down to collect the parcel (I live in student accomodation). And of course the office is closed all day today and all weekend, meaning I have to wait till next Monday to pick it up!

Argh.

Literally nothing except Warios and Charizards over here. GAME literally told me they only got 1 Pac-Man in stock. 

Literally nothing except Warios and Charizards over here. GAME literally told me they only got 1 Pac-Man in stock. 

Here they only got my Charizard pre-order and a Wario in stock, so I picked both of them up, pretty much the only place you can get amiibo here too aside from Argos who never have any of them in day 1

The new wave came out today in Australia. Thankully the stores are opening late here which should increase my chances a little bit. I'm really hoping my usual store has some leftover stock like they have the past few waves! Wish me luck! I'll be chasing a Robin for myself and Ness for a friend! :)

A friend had a Pac-Man pre-order he forgot about, so he's passing it on to me. It's more than the RRP, but I'll take it!

When Wave 3 came out, my family was under the assumption that Sonic would be rare, so my dad imported one from Japan. He later ordered a NA Sonic from an online store while a friend of his found one at a store and gave it to him. We had two Sonic amiibo during Feburary that were both trained (one for me, and one for my youngest sister) and now, that Japanese Sonic my dad ordered long ago arrived.

It looks cool in box as a nice display along my Nendoroid boxes, so it wasn't a total loss.

Managed to get a Greninja pre-order. 2 guys I work with tagged along and we were 7th, 8th and 9th in line outside our local TRU... We would've missed out if we hadn't been there at 3:40am.

They did a much better job handling the exclusive this time around, there was a sign reading what was going on etc and a manager came out 2 hours before opening to let us know what was what and to send people who didn't receive one of the available 10 tickets for each Greninja & PAC-MAN (unlike Target & Best Buy who have no idea what's going on, even after the store opens)

Had a good chat with other Smash players, exchanged friend codes, had a laugh.. Good times :)

Man, seeing all the discussion about Greninja all over the outside world of the internet, even having #Greninja trending on twitter apperently, I kinda feel glad Canada isn't doing pre-orders for him.

Also, Jigglypuff is a Wal-Mart exclusive for Canada. Damn it.

Also, Jigglypuff is a Wal-Mart exclusive for Canada. Damn it.

They're handling it a hell of a lot better than Toys R Us does. They're also likely to better allocate their units per stores, instead of Toys R Us sending a maximum of 20 to a province with only one store (see: Lucario).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW3XovKTlKs&feature=player_embedded

The joy of ordering amiibo - now as a videogame!

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry to inform you all so late but Amazon finally put up wave 5 of the Smash Amiibo, the Splatoon Amiibo (Including 3 pack and Special Edition with Squidling) and the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo.

It's all sold out now but yeah, I think some Splatoon amiibos are still up but that's it.

Since yesterday, some sellers or retailers such as Fnac and Micromania suggest that the production would have received a boost and that future amiibo stocks would therefore multiplied by 3 or 4 for the next waves. As usual, this is a rumor to be taken lightly, but there's a very good chance that it turned out, the rumors multiplication of amiibo stock being all arrived at the same time with official sources.

The information was given by representatives of the various Nintendo of Europe official dealers of amiibo. In addition to the re-supply of 30 June, the next waves of amiibos will have many more copies than before.

A internet user named Bjorn sent an email to Nintendo of Europe complaining of unavailability of amiibo despite strong demand (like hundreds of other fans) but got a conclusive answer:

We are sorry for what is happening right now. Unfortunately, you're not the only one in this case. Nintendo has underestimated global demand for amiibo and did not make enough. Our apologies. But we have good news. The amiibo will all back this summer and in larger quantities than before. Again, sorry.

Sincerely,
The Nintendo team.

Source: Info Amiibo (French version of Amiibo News) http://infoamiibo.com/bientot-3-a-4-fois-plus-damiibo-en-stock/

• Thumbs Up 1

Wave 5 went up today for those in the UK. We in the US don't even have Wave 4 yet.

Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits is now available in Europe.

Guess what game demo my Sonic Amiibo unlock for me?

Super Mario Bros.. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

The Villager and Marth amiibo Japan restocks have come... and Villager looks a bit different...

S0UWcMk.jpg

The original had his eyes a bit too high, and this one has the eyes a bit too low... I don't know which one I like better.

Marth's reprint also looks different. He seems more like Prince Marth instead of Animu derp face.

The Villager and Marth amiibo Japan restocks have come... and Villager looks a bit different...

S0UWcMk.jpg

The original had his eyes a bit too high, and this one has the eyes a bit too low... I don't know which one I like better.

As a person who has the original Villager, I'd say I never really minded his eyes being too high, looks like Villager to me. This new one though, it looks too weird for me, that forehead to too glaringly off.

I'm glad this reprint looks different, but then again, now Ebay will be flooded with listings like "R@RE VILLAGER AMIIBO - FIRST EDITION" and the like. But whatever, Villager is back and now people who missed out have a shot at getting him and the rest of the restocks. 

As for his face, it's almost perfect, but not quite there.