Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

Oh, for anyone getting Splatoon, TRU's preorder bonus is you get any amiibo for $5 with the purchase, however it does exclude the 3 pack :(, but if that isn't available(due to selling out quickly) anyways it'll make the single squid really nice(or I may finally pick up a sonic or megaman)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Super-Smash-Bros-Kid-Icarus-Palutena-Amiibo-Prototype-Figure-/281696997165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4196730f2d

So that Mii Swordfighter prototype went up. And so did a Lady Palutena amiibo! The bid is currently at 202 dollars, geez. But this does give us a good look at how the real Palutena amiibo will look like, and from the looks of it, it will be great! I wonder if any other unreleased amiibo prototypes will go up.

I decided to open up all my Amiibos after getting tired of looking after their boxes. I'm really glad I did, they look so much better without them! Here's my collection so far:

hE7qbgR.jpg

Not pictured is Robin, who I still want to keep in box for a little while longer. Still need to get Lucina and Lucario.

I can't bloody believe it! Totally forgot that Dr Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr went up for pre order yesterday on Nintendo UK's store and now they're all GONE. DX Maybe Dr Mario will end up being an uncommon one since it's a Mario character (yea right)?

I didn't realize they were still making them, lol.

Gotta try and jump on that stuff. I could make a killing selling these at inflated prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Sword-Fighter-amiibo-Prototype-Figure-No-Test-/291468635808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dce26ea0

There's a Mii SwordFighter amiibo prototype on Ebay! While it may be fake, it's being sold by a seller who has sold official amiibo prototypes before... so Miis are getting amiibo after all?

A Mii swordfighter amiibo?! Hold on a second....

*walks outside*

3.png

SAYAKA AMIIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*walks back in*

All of my yes, I wanna train a Sayaka.

Well, as a common meme with Obama in it would probably say...

"My fellow Americans. Come the 29th, we are all fucked."

I hope the group of you that haven't managed to obtain a pre-order of anything outside of Wario, Silver Mario, Pac-man, or (maybe) Charizard weren't looking to get anything this wave. From what I've been reading and from what I've seen in stores in my area, literally 95% of what we're getting will be gone in the first 10 minutes on Friday. I'm not even exaggerating here, most of the new characters that are coming out here barely have a stock of two across every store. The Gamestops in my area only have like 2 of Ness, 0 of Lucina and Robin, and maybe 3 of each of the others. I can't speak for the other stores as I don't have direct connections to them but from what I've been seeing online, the situation is very similar. The only bright side here (if you can even call it that) is that it seems that some TRU stores are getting a fair amount of Greninjas (fair amount being 20-50). Though, I suspect those won't stay on the shelves either. I know the one closest to my house isn't getting any beyond preorders though the one I'm going to has about 10 boxes of Amiibos yet to open so that's looking promising. Also, some amiibos like Marth, Meta Knight, and Lucario seem to be getting restocks. How many? No one knows.

Add in the fact that this is all happening on the same day and some of the outrageous rules like people being able to buy 2 of each character (because in some stores that's the entire stock of some characters :/) and what you have is going to be one hell of a day. If you don't care about the exclusives then I would recommend getting to a Walmart. They don't have any exclusives to worry about and they seem more likely to have a decent stock than any other store. Though, you're really only going to have enough time to try your luck at one store so choose wisely... even if you do plan on getting there super early. I'm going to try my luck with Greninja but I feel as though me getting there even 2 hours early isn't going to be enough this time. Everyone seems to be planning to camp out. Hell, some of my friends want to. I refuse to camp out for a toy. I'm sorry, but Nintendo has royally fucked this up. The entire situation has only gotten worse and their inability to communicate has been detrimental. I'm no expert on this, so take it with a grain of salt, but this is what has been going around.

Good luck to those of you who care. You're going to need it.

At MCM last week we were told at one stall that the Nintendo shop had some rare Amiibo including *gasp* NESS. But when we got there it was too late, all gone. Ah well, at least we got a GCN adapter for the Wii U and a Luigi Amiibo.

Our search for Ness continues...

I got my Little Mac amiibo yesterday! Despite my original order being cancelled for both Mac and Captain Falcon, my Dad once again had my back and re-bought them without me knowing! Thanks a million Dad!

I nicknamed Little Mac "Mac Baby!" I am sure someone, somewhere named him that name too.

Captain Falcon is on the way as we speak!

Yep, Friday is gonna be nuts, wave 4 finally hits American stores.. Not only that but Splatoon launches along with its respective Amiibos.

I checked the usual stores today hoping to discover something released early.. I found nothing except placeholders at BestBuy for Silver Mario and "Man"

IMG_0184_zpsmf6wzpqg.jpg

Guessing "Man" is Pac-Man?

I've decided to go with Target and score a Jigglypuff and hopefully and Robin and/or Lucina depending on limits/quantities available.

Target is a minutes walk from my work so I can finish for the night and go over and set up a tent without the need of leaving til morning, it'll be around 1am but I'm sure I won't be the only person there if the line for Greninja and Rosalina were anything to go by.

I'd easily camp out for Ness instead but with most GameStops uncertain about whats going on with Amiibos, Target is the clear choice.

After Target and picking up my pre-ordered Greninja from Toys R Us I'll most likely head to another 3 Targets in the area and see what I can find.

Anyway, good luck in your hunts and let us know what you've found :) Friday is gonna be busy!

Greninja is long gone. I camped overnight for the pre-order and we were told by management that stores were only sent 10 each.

If you're serious about obtaining one they might have spares/canceled pre-orders in which case you'll need to be outside your store at around midnight with your fingers crossed. I was also told today by a TRU employee that there'll be 2 other new Amiibos available apart from Pac-Man and Greninja.. it might pay off to camp even if you don't end up getting a Greninja but something else (excluding Charizard and Wario which everyone thinks will be common.. but who knows really)

Marth already had his restock, if you were extremely lucky you could find him at GameStops that weren't holding him for customers that pre-ordered months ago.

Have not seen or heard of MetaKnight restocks, I check BestBuy pretty much everyday and havent seen anything.. as for Lucario, the restock either went to TRU online back pre-orders or we'll be seeing more on Friday

I've heard reports from a lot of TRUs that are getting at least 20 more than the pre-ordered amount. Though, obviously that's not everywhere since the store closest to me is like what you said. The TRU I'm planning to go to has close to no pre-orders, if the people I've talked to are to believed. I'm going to get there at around 7:30. I just don't think it's worth going any earlier if that's what it takes to get one. Maybe if it was one of my mains but sense it's not... just no. It's just not worth it to me. I already have the other ones I care about on pre-order (Pacman, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Charizard) so all I'll be there for is Greninja. If I can't get it, eh.

I've read multiple sources of other stores beyond gamestop getting in new shipments of Marth. I'll be, extremely low in quantity but since I was able to snag one 2 weeks back when Gamestop got theirs out I'm not looking for him either. The other ones have been poping up all over the place. I'm not saying they'll be everywhere, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Friday is just going to be one hell of a day either way you look at it though...

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here, waiting for all my amiibos through Amazon. Just need them Yarn Yoshi ones.

Got my Captain Falcon amiibo! I named him "RidgeRacer."

Meanwhile, Canadian Best Buys are getting restocks this week. Here's one store in Montreal!

OXDlnRX.jpg

Have you tried to pre-order at that one store since no one else has?

32 x $12.99 = $415.. Flip 'em for an additional $10 each = $$$

Why the heck doesn't my store look like that :(

Silly. They be 15.99 each.

Have you tried to pre-order at that one store since no one else has?

That was actually the first question I asked when the person told me that. Apparently they're no longer accepting pre-orders. Even if they still had some cards left the system itself wouldn't allow for it if I understand correctly. I guess I'll just have to see on Friday...

tho I swear all bets are off for DP

• Thumbs Up 1

Come on Walmart! SHIP MY WAVE 4 AMIIBO ALREADY! 

I'm just missing Lucina, Jigglypuff, and Greninja from Wave 4. (And Silver Mario I guess).

Since I have school, my sister (who's out of school already) graciously offered to go out on a hunt for the remaining four. I've written up a few descriptions of the amiibo so I'm putting my faith in her to get them! Friday here we come. 

And I stressed the fact that Jigglypuff isn't Kirby. Here's hoping everything goes well!

Ok, it's two days before the launch of wave 4 in Canada and EB Games just STARTED to cancel people's pre-orders. I'll be fine if my amiibo such as Pac-Man or Wario but NOT MY NESS, ANYTHING BUT MY NESS!!!!

Shit shit SHIT. Just had the worst luck ever concerning my Jigglypuff and Greninja Amiibo. DX

I pre ordered them back in April from the Nintendo UK store with no problems. Few weeks later somebody tried to steal money from my bank account, meaning I had to deactivate my card and get a new one with a completely different card number. Because the Amiibo order was done with my old card, there was no way to change it and they automatically cancelled it when the payment didn't come through!

So this means I gotta wait even longer now to get these damn Amiibo cheap! WHYYYYYY

So I think we can safely say this whole amiibo scalping thing has gotten out of hand.

Yeah, apparently someone stole the GAME truck carrying all the Special Edition Splatoons+Inkling Squid Amiibos.

I'm still not sure if they actually knew specifically what was in the truck. I can believe they somehow learned it was a Nintendo truck and therefore would likely have items they could profit from but to know exactly what was in there is pushing it. Having said that, anything could be said about this until we hear who did it or where the truck and the stock ended up.

• Thumbs Up 1