Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

Guys help

I don't think I have enough amiibo

*snip*

You don't have all 4 versions of Mario. YOUR COLLECTION IS INVALID. Ok, but seriously, that's a lot of Amiibos. Looking at your collection made me relook mine and notice I think I might have gone a bit overboard.

As for Wave 4, the Splatoon Trio was the only one I could get my hands on. Tried to get Robin for my brother, but it was gone before I even knew it was up for sale.

Couldn't nab Jigglypuff, Robin and Lucina right now, but I did snag the rest.

Silver Mario ("Mr. Mary")

Wario ("SmoothMove")

Charizard ("Trogdor")

Greninja ("Greg")

Ness ("Ninten")

Inkling Girl ("Kid Now!")

Inkling Squid ("Squid Now!")

Inkling Boy ("Gill Grunt")

Me and my Dad did as much as we can to get these amiibo. Hopefully one day I'll get Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, Lucina and Jigglypuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I've struck gold this morning! Or should I say...

SILVER?!IMG_01821_zps9383iv29.jpg

Just gotta get that fat, repulsive garlic-muncher and that woolly dinosaur with the hue of the sky and I can retire from amiibo hunting!

Hermey ''I thought you wanted gold.'' Yukon Cornelius "I changed my mind!"

Random quote aside, I got a Jigglypuff from Target easy! I could've gotten Ness, but I was Number Five. I did, however end up with Wario and Charizard, though. STUPID RULES! I'm forced to pay $40 for a Ness! YOU WIN JAPAN! HEAR ME LAUGH! HAHAHAHAHA! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdPVU0UeMK4

• Thumbs Up 1

DpK4mEc.jpg

New amiibo today. I got the Splatoon amiibo and the Wario amiibo. Even Silver Mario!

I wasn't expecting to even bump into the Silver Mario, let alone at GameStop. Decided to get it, figuring if I didn't get it right there and then, I wouldn't get it, period. So I did.

The Wario amiibo came from Meijer. He was the only one there, and I heard stories of people paying more for him, so I decided to get him, too.

I spent waaaay too much today. And yes, lovely kitchen, I know. Though it looks nowhere near this yellow in real life.

You know, I don't think we've officially got the Gold or Silver Mario ones here in the UK at all.

You know, I don't think we've officially got the Gold or Silver Mario ones here in the UK at all.

I suppose now's a good time to announce that Chibi-Robo is getting his own Amiibo?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/24180/1/chibi-robo-heading-to-3ds.html

For now its Japan only, but then again, like half the things in this Direct clearly aren't Japan exclusive (like Mario and Sonic Rio). So Chibi-Robo and his Amiibo probably aren't either.

I don't think we've got them here too, are they even in Japan? The only stories I've ever heard about them whatsoever is in the US.

aaanyways, hunt for Jiggly and Greninja a couple days ago was a complete failure. I got to GAME 10 minutes before they were set to open (9 am, so I arrived at 8:50) aaand they ended up opening at 9:30 so I was stood outside with a couple other people like an idiot for over half an hour. Walked in there and saw the usual Mario/Peach/DK then went to the counter and asked about Jiggly and Greninja, then they said they hadnt received any stock of them yet before asking that dreaded question: "did you preorder them?", to which I replied with no and the guy pretty much replied with "fuck you then mate, you ain't gonna get them".

I honestly find it stupid that by this point over here preordering these things is an absolute necessity to stand a chance at getting them, and even then (knowing this through when I preordered Palutena and ZSS) you only have like two days to grab them after release? And preordering one adds on an extra £5 to the retail price (with GAME anyway) and it's just ridiculous. I remember with wave 3 when I could walk in at any random time and see Diddy, Ike, Lucario, Sonic, Mega Man, Toon Link, there was a chance absolutely anything could be there, but now there's no chance whatsoever besides the same Mario shit every single time, what the hell happened? And since no other retail store around here covers these things, it brings it down into nothing more than online hunting and swimming through a sea of scalpers. It's bullshit.

I don't think we've got them here too, are they even in Japan? The only stories I've ever heard about them whatsoever is in the US.

aaanyways, hunt for Jiggly and Greninja a couple days ago was a complete failure. I got to GAME 10 minutes before they were set to open (9 am, so I arrived at 8:50) aaand they ended up opening at 9:30 so I was stood outside with a couple other people like an idiot for over half an hour. Walked in there and saw the usual Mario/Peach/DK then went to the counter and asked about Jiggly and Greninja, then they said they hadnt received any stock of them yet before asking that dreaded question: "did you preorder them?", to which I replied with no and the guy pretty much replied with "fuck you then mate, you ain't gonna get them".

I honestly find it stupid that by this point over here preordering these things is an absolute necessity to stand a chance at getting them, and even then (knowing this through when 

Australia's getting the Gold and Silver Marios. Silver Mario has already been released and was exclusive to EB Games. Gold is exclusive to Target. The release date for Gold Mario hasn't been announced yet, although I hope it's announced soon and they don't just release them beforehand.

I suppose now's a good time to announce that Chibi-Robo is getting his own Amiibo?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/24180/1/chibi-robo-heading-to-3ds.html

For now its Japan only, but then again, like half the things in this Direct clearly aren't Japan exclusive (like Mario and Sonic Rio). So Chibi-Robo and his Amiibo probably aren't either.

I got the Silver Mario and Splatoon pack on Amazon - oddly both times the amazon was added to the other sellers list - I only noticed that the Splatoon pack changed from 'buy from these sellers starting at $57' to '...starting at $35' and had to hunt down the sellers page to find amazon.com.  Never saw that before.  But they should be here Tuesday.

Not sure why I got the silver Mario, other than that I never saw the gold one. (Not enriching a scalper to get that one, but he was a character of sorts in a game..)  Also he was up before Splatoon pack and I was sort of practicing to make sure I could log on from the work computer and all.  But if I decide not to keep him, he'll be sold off at the usual price, not hugely marked up.

Ermagerd it's so PRECIOUS ;w;

Seriously, all my money is just...floating away thanks to Amiibo.

My last wish before I can consider my life ending happily is that Chibi-Robo amiibo in my very own hands

Being one of my favourite GameCube games and one of the best-designed characters Nintendo has ever had if you ask me, a Chibi-Robo amiibo just really hits close to home for me

Too bad it'll probably be one of the most limited ones of the entire lot...

So I popped into GAME today and bagged myself another pre-order. Pretty good, seeing as I was almost sure I wouldn't be able to get one.

I also noticed on the shelf behind the counter were a Wario, Jigglypuff and Greninja, but I assume those were being held for people.

So, passed on splatoon itself until I live somewhere with consistent internet, but did manage to grab the last 3 pack at my local TRU! they also had the Pac, but he seems common, so I didn't grab one, so that totals me up to:

Fox, Samus, Inkling X3

So Jim Sterling's done a new Jimquisition on Amiibo and how Nintendo's basically fucked the concept up:

This is ironic, because things turned around this wave, with far less scarity, I mean I didn't get to TRU until three in the afternoon, and I managed to get a Splatoon 3 pack(albeit the last one), and they have said they are upping their output, also the content in splatoon is cool, but really insignificant in the big picture

Only Splatoon amiibo I really want is the girl. Even if it adds some pretty substantial content I can't really justify spending so much money on toys I won't be getting much use of otherwise

Amiibo selling out and becoming scarce is a thing that doesn't bother me. There have been multiple times I was tempted to get one but when I couldn't find the one I wanted, I shrugged and thought "well that's 13 bucks saved". So far I only have Samus

At the end of the day they're just figurines that are going to sit on my shelf and do nothing when I'm not playing any compatible games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only pre-order my favorite characters. Then I'll go to stores and see if there's one that I liked, but not enough to pre-order, and I'll grab it. I'll also pick up any characters my siblings like. Zelda, Shulk, Bowser, Charizard and Mega Man are all characters my siblings used in Smash so I got them (though I love Shulk too so I pre-ordered him lel).

So the only other characters I want are Ganondorf, Dark Pit and Palutena. If I see Dr. Mario, ZSS or Olimar in stores then I'll grab them, but I think the latter will be pretty rare.

On a different subject, if they were to release a Sonic amiibo line for like, the new Mario and Sonic or something... Honestly I'd probably only get Shadow. I already have Sonic and I don't care much for anyone else except maybe Tails and Silver. What about you guys?

On a different subject, if they were to release a Sonic amiibo line for like, the new Mario and Sonic or something... Honestly I'd probably only get Shadow. I already have Sonic and I don't care much for anyone else except maybe Tails and Silver. What about you guys?

If they announced a Sonic amiibo line, my wallet will be like this.

giphy.gif

You'll be damn sure I'll be getting them all.

• Thumbs Up 8

I think the only Sonic Amiibo I'd get would be Knuckles, Blaze and maybe Shadow or Rouge. My boyfriend can get the rest. XP

rSLpU9p.jpg

IN OTHER NEWS YEEEEEEEEEEEE

I named them too. Ness is PK Johnson, Lucina is Lucy, Robin is Nightwing, Pac-Man is Pac-Steve, and Female Inkling is Natalink.

• Thumbs Up 1

So im not the only one who named my Lucina amiibo "Lucy" 

• Thumbs Up 1