Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

And now, a hefty bit of stuff from Ninty's Facebook page:

We appreciate the enthusiasm that our fans continue to show toward amiibo. Sales for the product have exceeded our expectations. We understand how frustrating it can be at times if consumers are unable to find certain figures, and we apologize for that.
We’re trying to meet the demands of our fans and consumers by increasing the amount of amiibo we manufacture and ship to retail. We may continue to see consumer demand outpace supply levels for certain characters at times, but we will do our best to prevent that from happening.

As our library of amiibo continues to grow, some figures will be easier to find than others. We are constantly looking for the opportunity to reissue amiibo and are already making plans to bring back some currently out-of-stock amiibo figures. Stay tuned for details.

Nintendo plans to make it easier for consumers to know when new amiibo are on the way, through Nintendo press announcements, timely updates on our social media channels and working closely with retailers.

We remain committed to keeping amiibo affordable and easy to access as a platform to enhance game-play experiences. These plans include Animal Crossing amiibo cards that will become available by the end of 2015, and a free-to-download app for Wii U called amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits that launched on April 30, 2015, that lets consumers enjoy playable scenes from certain NES and Super NES games with amiibo.

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/photos/a.120520318032430.30157.119240841493711/826917464059375/?type=1&theater

And yet they are still pulling this Amiibo exclusives bullshit with certain stores.

To be fair, those contracts had to have been drummed up at least a year before amiibo were released. The manufacturing documents that people found always have much earlier dates than the release dates, which of course makes sense- and of course it makes sense that before manufacturing, these deals were made.

So yeah, while future amiibo lines -may- not have exclusive amiibo if Nintendo has learned anything, they can't nullify contracts that they made a while back ago.

I don't like the look of that Villager. I dunno, his eyes are small and his forehead looks so...weird. I like my old Villager with big eyes thank you very much.

*scoff* I'll believe it when I see it.

All this is giving me flashbacks of the great Skylanders Shortage of 2011. Those were some dark yet memorable times.

Australia just got random stock of some rare amiibo. Saw lots of Meta Knights, Zelda, Marth, Ike and Sonic.

Best Buy in the US has added Silver Mario and Dark Pit to their SKUs. Dark Pit could be exclusive to them as he hasn't been added to any other retailers yet (Best Buy is usually first with SKU additions). Palutena is missing from their SKU list so she is either a late addition or exclusive to another store (likely the latter, though).

Edited by Chris

Meanwhile we've decided to treat all of you like idiots with this toady way of saying "deal with it".

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic, Mega Man, Sheik and Toon Link are all still common out here. Wal-Mart almost always has them.

Oh hey... Is Olimar a rare Amiibo? Or is he not released yet? I don't remember. :V

So within the last couple of weeks I was able to get Diddy and the smash variations of peach and bowser. Any potential nicknames for them?

The Little Mac and Captain Falcon I ordered on YesAsia in MARCH that was supposed to ship this month just got cancelled.

Oh, joy.

Long shot but is anyone here after a Ness amiibo? The box is in rough shape but the figure is fine. Not sure if I should keep it boxed or just open it up. Just let me know!

Does anyone know when (or if) Argos will be getting Wave 5 in the UK?

Argos doesn't get amiibos in day one much if at all, I went to Argos today during an amiibo hunt (actually got a Diddy surprisingly!) and the latest they had in there were wave 2s. 

It's honestly pretty depressing, the only retail choice there is at all for amiibos is GAME in the UK and they're being really stupid right now with this "Mario for the boys, Peach for the girls and DK for some reason then lol no one else at all" shit. I'm shocked I have as many as I even do lol

(collection as of now under spoiler)

E6t8RqW.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, thanks for that, Spinny!

Anyway, I have my Pittoo preordered from GAME in-store rather than online.

It's honestly pretty depressing, the only retail choice there is at all for amiibos is GAME in the UK and they're being really stupid right now with this "Mario for the boys, Peach for the girls and DK for some reason then lol no one else at all" shit. I'm shocked I have as many as I even do lol

One of the GAMEs I visit had 2 Peach's for ages, only to disappear and leave behind an empty Amiibo area.

Weird thing is, I've seen Wario once pop up for a day or two, same with Ike a few months back, and the pre-owned Amiibo section briefly had Ike, Sheik and Fox, which disappeared within a week. The only ones left there now are Yoshi, Diddy and Samus.

My local Walmart has finally got in some non-Smash ones.  Though still not the gold Mario they were advertising as 'now in this store!' for two months.  I was surprised the two Bowsers looked so similar.

My local Walmart has finally got in some non-Smash ones.  Though still not the gold Mario they were advertising as 'now in this store!' for two months.  I was surprised the two Bowsers looked so similar.

Oh man, custom Mii amiibos would be top shelf.

I'm personally still looking for a Ness amiibo, it's the one I want the most out of them all..well aside from Falcon and Olimar,

I also like the SMB series better Bowser than his Smash counterpart.

Agreed, I have one and it looks so great, super nicely detailed, especially the shell!