Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

Preorders are live for Greninja & Jigglypuff on the Nintendo Store

Greninja

Jigglypuff

They actually went live about 10 minutes ago, before 3pm. £10.99 a piece, saving a couple of quid from GAME's £14.99 and ShopTo's £13.99

aaaand sold out already.

Got 'em!

Cheers Soniko, at least I didn't have to spend 15 quid on each of those like the GAME ones. >w>

And they're sold out.

I'm so glad that I don't collect Amiibo holy fuck

Yeah even with just UK orders, they're gone already.

It's becoming a sport hunting amiibo lmao

Hoooooooly shiiiiiit that was fast. o__o I wonder if tomorrow afternoon will be the same when the rest of the Amiibo are released.

I'm glad I'm only getting my favourites D:

Got Greninja at least. He's my favourite new generation Pokemon.

Can't speak for YesAsia but PlayAsia is a good site.

I've not ordered from PlayAsia much, but they were pretty good, yeah.

One thing that always makes me favour YesAsia is the fact you're guaranteed to never be charged customs on orders from them. If an order would incur customs charges, they pay them for you.

My one niggle with YesAsia is that their standard delivery times aren't quite what they used to be, but since they still ship them just as quickly, that's arguably the postal service going downhill rather than them. My first orders with them almost a decade ago usually took 11-14 days to arrive from the day I placed the order, whereas my recent orders with them have taken closer to 3-4 weeks to arrive.

Also, I'm glad there aren't really many upcoming amiibo I'm interested in. I have Charizard preordered along with the three Woolly World Yoshi, other than that there aren't really any on the horizon I particularly want.

...yet. D:

ZSS, Palutena, Dark Pit and Ganondorf are now up on the Nintendo UK online store! Go get em, get em quick!!

Ugh, my poor poor-wallet.

Like really I gotta sell some paintings, pronto. Bagged the Dark Pit, Paluntena and Ganondorf ones.

I only get the characters I like over actually collecting them.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, for the past few months, I've been hunting down two specific amiibos. I've searched through every Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, and Gamestop in my county- five times!!!!

I had begun to give up hope, but yesterday I went by my local TRU, and lo and behold:

012_zpsuxxqnj56.jpg?1429193864361&142919

014_zpsvir3fysl.jpg?1429193864361&142919

It's been 3,000 years...

Now all I want is Mr. Dohimissed and that round, yellow dot-muncher (and maybe light-blue Yarn Yoshi), and I'm off the amiibo train for good!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, I see those all the time, there are dozens of them in my area, I just don't pick em up cause there's only a handful of amiibo I really want, like Captain Falcon or ROB

April has been absolutely insane in terms of amiibo preorders as well as games. This is a list of all the shit I have pre-ordered between the Nintendo UK Store and GAME:

• Smash amiibos (Greninja, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus & Ganondorf) - £66
  • Splatoon & Triple Pack amiibo - £60
  • Yoshi's Woolly World & Triple Pack amiibo - £80
  • Kirby & The Rainbow Curse + Free Kirby plush - £35

Accounting only just what I've got pre-ordered so far I've spent over £240 worth of Nintendo products alone.  And I haven't even pre-ordered Codename STEAM yet, which could be potentially another £35 - £40 spent.

Nintendo knows how to steal my money, that's for damn sure! XD

EDIT: Since I didn't post for quite a while here on SSMB and didn't contribute to this topic until now, I better mention something in regards to the current status of our amiibo collection.

While amiibos are the only 'toys to life' figures we are collecting (although still on the verge of getting several Disney Infinity) chances to collect them all are getting very slim the more figures they are announcing and releasing. It's insane how these little buggers sell out really quickly: it's either you pre-order them or your potential chance to get them is gone in a matter of minutes! o_o

I've missed a handful of amiibos such as Captain Falcon (misjudged its eventual rarity), Wii Fit Trainer (sold out during its first weeks of sale) or Ness (gone at the time of pre-ordering the rest of its wave), and while some others are quite common to pick such as DK, Diddy or Zelda amongst others I am still hopeful to eventually grab them either when they are restocked online or very casually at some random retailers across Europe; last time I picked Pit at Intertoys (a Dutch toy store) during our trip to Holland a couple of weeks ago for just 15€, so there are definitely chances to grab them all eventually.

I might as well post a picture of our current collection later on...

Edited by Kaabiitorori

You just have to either keep searching or watch the inevitable price flucuation with scalpers if you truly want them all. I don't need every single one, I've just gotten really lucky in terms of collecting them. I've probably got every single one (with doubles of dedede, lucario, and 3 rosalina). But I really haven't resorted to scalper prices except for one time. I'm essentially at the point where I get the ones I can, and the ones I can't... well they elude me.

Of course, all of this comes at a price. I'm constantly on my phone, r/amiibo is my homepage, and I have spent a good chunk of money on preorders. But, honestly the "hunt" distracts me from other crap going on in my life, and I like helping people get amiibos they want (my boyfriend has a pretty big collection now after I dragged him into it XD). Heck, even the custom scene is amazing in and of itself.

Managed to snag Ganondorf before it was too late. God bless.

All signs point to him being common, so people who didn't shouldn't worry.

Aww man, they cancelled my Greninja order because of 'high demand'.

Guess I'll have to wait forever.

I have been quite adamant to not resort to buying amiibos from scalpers. The most likely candidate to go through that option could be Ness since I bet it's gonna be extremely rare to find after release but, once again, it's a very remote possibility to go at this moment. I'll keep searching for any opportunity to grab it at the original retail price; really tough task but not an impossible one... I hope!

As previously hinted, I have decided to upload a picture of our current collection of amiibos (with more to come!) past the spoiler tag.

gKI2owM.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Obviously, there is a lot of talk about collecting amiibo, but who here actually uses them in game?

No offense to those that just use them for display, more power to you, but how the AI works in Smash really interests me. Just training them gives me a strong connection to my figures, something I only got with the Skylanders and rarely with Disney Infinity.

Lots of people who do use the amiibo use it for making it a strong competitive fighter, I train my amiibo to act like myself.

I just find it cool on how it perfects on my stratagy in-game. I dash-attack, air attack and smash attack mostly and my amiibo do the same, albeit with some of their own twists.

I don't mirror match my amiibo alot, I just fight as my main Sonic and watch them adapt and mimic my style.

It's pretty cool.

Wave 4 is up for preorder right now! Lucina & Robin!!!! I GOT THEM YES!!!! I GOT MY WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wave 4 is up for preorder right now! Lucina & Robin!!!! I GOT THEM YES!!!! I GOT MY WAIFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People are gonna be so pissed off tomorrow morning!

I ended up getting Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Pac-Man, and Splatoon Triple Pack.

Because letting people know ahead of time that preorders are all opening up at a specific time in the middle of the day worked realllllly well for Gamestop. It totally wasn't a horrible disaster.

Well, so far I've gotten everyone up to wave 4. Sans Toon Link, Kirby and Marth. Cause those are easy to find, and Marth is getting a reprint.

But yes! Eveeeeeryone'll be here soon!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bca78k8t1s48sju/IMAG0230.jpg?dl=0

And Little Mac is staying in that box. Fuggin' jerk, costing me 125$.

Of course, I only now recall the picture is, er, old. WFT and Little Mac just arrived yesterday.