Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

So the entire F2P scandal of Runners came to be just because Sega of Japan doesn't know that Westerners get super pissy at microtransanctions ?

Edited by NoirSuede

I am sure that person ended up paying major cost in the form of time because that person probably ended up playing 12 hours a day. If they had the original worldwide release version then they probably still be playing 12 hours a day lol. The point is no normal person should have to play nowhere near 12 hours a day to get the things on there.

But people do spend all that time. And it's MUCH easier to score post WW release now due to their new way of tallying scores, and plus people's buddies and rank come into play.

So, the entire F2P scandal of Runners came to be just because Sega of Japan doesn't know that Westerners get super pissy at microtransanctions ?

I think it's that people are more willing in Japan to spend on F2P games than we are, so it's easier to implement them more directly.

And it's MUCH easier to score post WW release now due to their new way of tallying scores, and plus people's buddies and rank come into play.

Is it easier? When did they change the way the score is tallied? All I've seen is that the score displayed in-game is now accurate, but route bonuses are removed which made scores much higher. Though many of the new buddies are very powerful and weren't accessible back then. 

Also, I've seen everyone claim that this game is a buggy mess, and while I was back on my iPhone 5c, I would've agreed, but I can't emphasize enough that on the iPhone 6s my game actually runs well. It's smooth to the point where just playing the game has become enjoyable again, and similar to the original version. There are still some problems of course (video revives sometimes not working, getting pushed backward while trying to fly through a certain part of a platform), but it's a pretty good experience. 

About RSR, I'll repeat that I believe that they should not make them easier to obtain for free (of course I'd love it if they did), though I honestly don't feel like arguing about it because I doubt either side's opinions would change. I will admit that they should increase the amount received by paying though. The first time purchase prices seem like they'd fit more as the permanent prices. Paying $40 for only 10 tries with a 1.5-6% for a character is insane. 

Edited by Jrodt333

I think it's that people are more willing in Japan to spend on F2P games than we are, so it's easier to implement them more directly.

Well it's an obivous indicator of a lack of communication between Sega of Japan and Sega of America, because even if Iizuka wanted Sega of Japan to handle everything Sega of America could've atleast told Sonic Team how Westerners get really mad at the slightest hint of microtransanctions and adjust the game accordingld.

Is it easier? When did they change the way the score is tallied? All I've seen is that the score displayed in-game is now accurate, but route bonuses are removed which made scores much higher. Though many of the new buddies are very powerful and weren't accessible back then. 

Also, I've seen everyone claim that this game is a buggy mess, and while I was back on my iPhone 5c, I would've agreed, but I can't emphasize enough that on the iPhone 6s my game actually runs well. It's smooth to the point where just playing the game has become enjoyable again, and similar to the original version. There are still some problems of course (video revives sometimes not working, getting pushed backward while trying to fly through a certain part of a platform), but it's a pretty good experience. 

About RSR, I'll repeat that I believe that they should not make them easier to obtain for free (of course I'd love it if they did), though I honestly don't feel like arguing about it because I doubt either side's opinions would change. I will admit that they should increase the amount received by paying though. The first time purchase prices seem like they'd fit more as the permanent prices. Paying $40 for only 10 tries with a 1.5-6% for a character is insane. 

Performance does not affect bugs. I have an iPhone 6s too and while the game runs so smooth I don't get any stuttering, the terrain lighting bug, wisp bugs, companion bugs, team combination swap bugs, and leaderboard crashes all still exist and drag down the experience. It doesn't matter if the game performance is smooth, all the bugs surrounding this game are noticeable and the presentation makes the production seem sloppy regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

Performance does not affect bugs. I have an iPhone 6s too and while the game runs so smooth I don't get any stuttering, the terrain lighting bug, wisp bugs, companion bugs, team combination swap bugs, and leaderboard crashes all still exist and drag down the experience. It doesn't matter if the game performance is smooth, all the bugs surrounding this game are noticeable and the presentation makes the production seem sloppy regardless.

Alright, I don't have, or at least haven't yet had, the wisp bugs and the leaderboard bugs, and I'm not quite sure what you mean by the companion and team combination swap bugs.  I understand that the presentation isn't great but gameplay is most important to me and IMO it's acceptable. Ironically the run after making that post I got killed by nothing (and trust me, I've got all these formation memorized so I know that there wasn't supposed to be anything there). 

Also, has anyone gotten any timing tricks to work on the roulette since the update? This is a pretty important question so I'm gonna keep on repeating it until I get an answer. :P

Also, has anyone gotten any timing tricks to work on the roulette since the update? This is a pretty important question so I'm gonna keep on repeating it until I get an answer. :P

No longer works (at least for me), the roulette will just spin now. They're not gonna let such a useful trick stay for long XD

No longer works (at least for me), the roulette will just spin now. They're not gonna let such a useful trick stay for long XD

Yeah. I don't get why it was there in the first place. Was it supposed to be some developer secret or something? 

Yeah. I don't get why it was there in the first place. Was it supposed to be some developer secret or something? 

My guess was it was a glitch that worked in our favour XD

I just got (again like many other times) out of the game because there was a "new version" but no update.

But there was a "downloading data" where they show the characters descriptions, haven't had those since the update. Maybe they added the extra content of upcoming buddies?

Anyone else got the same?

I just got (again like many other times) out of the game because there was a "new version" but no update.

But there was a "downloading data" where they show the characters descriptions, haven't had those since the update. Maybe they added the extra content of upcoming buddies?

Anyone else got the same?

Yes, it happened to me too. 

I think they might've upped the rewards for rankings. Wasn't the highest RSR award for total score 50RSR? Because I got 70 after this update was applied. 

I think they might've upped the rewards for rankings. Wasn't the highest RSR award for total score 50RSR? Because I got 70 after this update was applied. 

Wasn't it a reward for a player who was in the 1st place of S*** division? I think Sega didn't change those rewards.

Wasn't it a reward for a player who was in the 1st place of S*** division? I think Sega didn't change those rewards.

yes, the top reward was 70 rsr, nothing changed. 

If Sega changed something it would decrease the reward, never increase it :P

On another note, I decided to spin the roulette and got lucky enough to get Halloween Rouge. My second fly character after Tails.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm just here, playing the game because I honestly like it. I don't think much about the pay stuff. My only beef is just the glitches. Even then I don't encounter much glitches to piss me off. Another thing is that when there's no events it's really hard to grind in the game since it's the same shit.

On another note, I don't know if I should spend my RSR for Rouge or wait to see if Gothic Amy is a Halloween thing. I figure if Amy does come out and I do land on a char egg, I'll have a lesser change of getting a repeat (Shadow and HOmega) since Amy and Rouge is on. But then again there's a less change of getting Rouge, which is the character I really want. What to do? ...>.<

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just here, playing the game because I honestly like it. I don't think much about the pay stuff. My only beef is just the glitches. Even then I don't encounter much glitches to piss me off. Another thing is that when there's no events it's really hard to grind in the game since it's the same shit.

Yeah, same here. I play the game because I like the classic style mechanics (especially the jumping). I used to get bummed by the roulette. But now I don't care. If I get a bonus character that's great, but I am fine without them. 

Even though they are terribly written, I really enjoy the stories in the events. It's a bit like having a Sonic TV show (albeit a very poorly written one). It's also fun learning more about Sonic's world. 

OK, so Starlight just got banned for scoring 200 million with Power Characters.

It's pretty clear that any high scorers can be banned.... My suggestion is to just do your 10million score runs for the RSR and then kill your run. It's so stupid hard workers are still getting banned!

• Thumbs Up 1

More bugs, bans for doing great in the game and those loadings/crashes while loading...Runners is lookin' good

Also, Runners has the exclusive rare Blank the Chao, you can find this rare species pretty much in almost any menu :P

Used to this only Runners league and buddies menu would show it, but lately even the loading screen and roulette fail to show the buddy

IMG_20151027_12575.jpg

Edited by LBPlombax7
  • Thumbs Up 3