Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Wish list for 2.0:

• Story gallery: Re watch all past cutscenes

• Send tokens to all friends with a single button

• No more title screen: The app goes loads the story map when tapping the app icon 

• Instant resume: On the first loading screen, there is a button. Tap it and you can go straight to the level, bypassing the story map. (It will reload the last used characters or you can press a button on the loading screen to change the characters).

• Market place: Trade characters and buddies with other players (If you get duplicates on the wheel, you now have the option of saving them for the market place). 

• Buy characters directly with Red rings.

Wish list for 2.0:

• Story gallery: Re watch all past cutscenes

• Send tokens to all friends with a single button

• No more title screen: The app goes loads the story map when tapping the app icon 

• Instant resume: On the first loading screen, there is a button. Tap it and you can go straight to the level, bypassing the story map. (It will reload the last used characters or you can press a button on the loading screen to change the characters).

• Market place: Trade characters and buddies with other players (If you get duplicates on the wheel, you now have the option of saving them for the market place). 

• Buy characters directly with Red rings

This and reduced prices for each roulette spin would be PERFECT ;_; , but bet we are getting more lies like the previous update said "shortened loading times" while the loading is still long as ever 

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope this Haloween event gives me enough RSR for a valid change to get Rouge/Shadow. It's just so much bs that I got HOmega. I'm trying to actually find a use for him but because I don't have Metal Sonic it's very difficult to form a Mecha team with him. I paired him up with Blaze, lvl 0 Golden Angel and lvl 0 Dark Chao and it's not really that good. I also replaced Rouge with him to use with Blaze, Magic Lamp and RC UFO to use on power stages but I'm probably just going to Rouge again with her.

I really hope I get Haloween Rouge. Or Shadow, at least. I'd love to get them both but that's going to be very difficult. Don't know if I'm going to shoot for Amy when she gets out. Animal teams are amazing, however in the later sections of a run it's really hard to actually get more points. I don't last long with them too. (Probably because I'm using Blaze and Rouge in power stages only, so if I end up getting Haloween Amy I'll have to try it again to see how it goes.) Score teams are great, the problem is that for me it takes a while to get a high score. It takes like 10 minutes to reach 10 mil sometimes.

I, too, was thinking of improvements they could do in 2.0.0. I was thinking of other Japanese mobile games I play and I noticed a lot of them have a gacha system. For those who don't know what gacha is, think of those machines where you enter some money and spin the wheel and drop those balls with toys in them. So, in these mobile games, you have different tiers of gacha, and depending on how much premium currency you want to spend, you can get higher level gacha. It's randomized too, almost like the roulette in Runners.

So what I was thinking was, maybe they could implement that system with the roulette. They can have 4 levels of roulettes. One can be the Normal Buddies roulette, and can cost 10RSR. The other, a Rare Buddies roulette, at 25RSR. Then, with the current price they have at 50RSR for the Super Rare Buddies roulette. After that there can be a character roulette at 100RSR. I feel that would be more fair. Oh, and have you get extra spins on the Item roulette for 1RSR per spin. I noticed there's a counter there but you can't really make it go up, which seems stupid. Why have it there if you only get one spin per day?

I, too, was thinking of improvements they could do in 2.0.0. I was thinking of other Japanese mobile games I play and I noticed a lot of them have a gacha system. For those who don't know what gacha is, think of those machines where you enter some money and spin the wheel and drop those balls with toys in them. So, in these mobile games, you have different tiers of gacha, and depending on how much premium currency you want to spend, you can get higher level gacha. It's randomized too, almost like the roulette in Runners.

So what I was thinking was, maybe they could implement that system with the roulette. They can have 4 levels of roulettes. One can be the Normal Buddies roulette, and can cost 10RSR. The other, a Rare Buddies roulette, at 25RSR. Then, with the current price they have at 50RSR for the Super Rare Buddies roulette. After that there can be a character roulette at 100RSR. I feel that would be more fair. Oh, and have you get extra spins on the Item roulette for 1RSR per spin. I noticed there's a counter there but you can't really make it go up, which seems stupid. Why have it there if you only get one spin per day?

Certains games are different on how their gacha operates. Some games have their UR's or SSR's thrown into the batch with  the super rare's and rare's.

Also, I think Sonic Runners is one of the most generous japanese mobile game in terms of how their gacha operates. We have a 6% chance for our "UR's" (it's 1% in other games), and we get an increased 12% chance on the free roulette and 33% if we have all the rares maxed. Not only that, but it's one of the few games you can actually grind premium currency without spending money.

• Thumbs Up 1

The roulette is a gacha, just with a different aesthetic. But yeah the chance of getting characters is much higher than other games and their UR rates.

Certains games are different on how their gacha operates. Some games have their UR's or SSR's thrown into the batch with  the super rare's and rare's.

Also, I think Sonic Runners is one of the most generous japanese mobile game in terms of how their gacha operates. We have a 6% chance for our "UR's" (it's 1% in other games), and we get an increased 12% chance on the free roulette and 33% if we have all the rares maxed. Not only that, but it's one of the few games you can actually grind premium currency without spending money.

This is true, but I think in some games like Puzzle and Dragons the UR characters have a much higher chance of dropping during rare limited events. It would be cool if they did an event where for 3 days you had a 10-20% of a character instead of 6%. Also, I don't think most of the characters on the wheel are OP to the point where I'd label them as uber rares, but that's just my opinion. 

Ahh, just as I was finally going to take a real break from this, the Halloween event happens! About time. Now I'm excited! I hope the level will have some new Halloweeny music.

A remix of pumpkin hill pls

tomoya ohtani composed that too it could happen

Edited by Weh
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahh, just as I was finally going to take a real break from this, the Halloween event happens! About time. Now I'm excited! I hope the level will have some new Halloweeny music.

A remix of pumpkin hill pls

tomoya ohtani composed that too it could happen

fook that, use ssmb's version!

• Thumbs Up 7

New Buddies shown off!
The event one's King Boom Boo and the 2 R's are Boo and Halloween Chao

CR_AseTVAAAQBvl.jpg

both ghost have high % for something. 

It was a bonus for either enemies, distance (or RSR, since battle cruiser has a 200%+ effect)

I'm afraid we are about to get a SR buddy with distance bonus D: , as useful as team heroes

So apparently with Boom Boo there's a percent chance he'll bump your enemy score up 1000% when you kill an enemy. (Or so I've made out from that description)

With Boo it's similar, and will go up 500% when attacking enemies and metal enemies

Halloween Chao has a chance you won't lose rings when hit.

Edited by SuperAj3

So apparently with Boom Boo there's a percent chance he'll bump your enemy score up 1000% when you kill an enemy. (Or so I've made out from that description)

With Boo it's similar, and will go up 500% when attacking enemies and metal enemies

Halloween Chao has a chance you won't lose rings when hit.

so....Halloween Chao is the only good looking one so far? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god the cutscene that the event opens with plays the instrumental version of Pumpkin Hill, hell yeeeaaah. And the event zone is really pretty! Even has good music to boot.

EDIT: So, the small ghost buddy is called "Boo" on the loading screen. However the game is referring to them as "Boom boo" in this cutscene. Wonderful consistency.

Edited by Weh

Ok. So, Gothic Amy's not in Halloween event. That's weird, but it's okay.

The new soundtrack for the Halloween stage is so awesome. I mean it's more awesome than the soundtrack from SASRT.

On the other note, here's my first run in the Halloween stage without any video revive ad:

image.thumb.jpg.f36337776d6e774ed81e1103

Got 12000+ candy on my first run for this event, not bad IMO.

I don't get why the music in the actual Halloween event level itself sounds like non-spooky Sonic Colors music, even the cut-scenes get the pumpkin hill music after-all... Still waiting for Goth-Amy... at least I'll have some RSR saved up by the time she is out i guess, The visuals for the event level look pretty good & is fun... AKA Halloween decorated sky zone.

When does the event? (The notification is a black box for me) Thanks!

In one of the text based notifications, they apologize for spelling Boo as "boob"!

Yo hi been a while. Figured I'd try and see if anyone has an answer here while everyone is collecting candy if little animals.

Has anyone worked out how to stop Runners (on Android) from crashing? I.e. I have almost 500k rings now since Zazz and I would really like to use them to level up characters but the moment I hit those screens, the game crashes :V

Rest of the game works fine (well, now. When the Zazz event was on I couldn't actually claim my rewards from beating him!).

Edited by DarkOverord
wrong word used!

ZAWdQJz.png?1

Oh, well... Um.. I hadn't noticed this but yeah. This game and its typos, jeez. I did notice one grammatical error with Tails in the story though. I can't remember exactly how it was but it was an instant where you had to use the plural of one word, but Tails used the singular one. Yeah. Boob is an entirely different level of messing up, though. 

Edited by ElectricAngel

ZAWdQJz.png?1

Oh, well... Um.. I hadn't noticed this but yeah. This game and its typos, jeez. I did notice one grammatical error with Tails in the story though. I can't remember exactly how it was but it was an instant where you had to use the plural of one word, but Tails used the singular one. Yeah. Boob is an entirely different level of messing up, though. 

Excuse me while I just die laughing

What in the world is up with them not being able to get this guy's name right? He's called Boo in most places, like the roulette and buddy screen, but the cutscene where he first shows up calls him Boom Boo, and now apparently it calls him Boob somewhere. Proof read your stuff, Sega, good lord.

"and every PARAM1"

Sega, Boob the ghost, SONNIC RUNNERS, spead type and now PARAM1...go home you've been drunk a lot lately

IMG_20151023_9303.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow! The story of the Halloween event just ended quickly after getting over 120,000 candies. Too bad that Shadow wasn't there, but it made sense.

"and every PARAM1"

Sega, Boob the ghost, SONNIC RUNNERS, spead type and now PARAM1...go home you've been drunk a lot lately

IMG_20151023_9303.jpg

I think I saw that 'PARAM1' thing in Happy Birthday, Sonic! event ranking results. That was so weird.