Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I haven't written an S-List article in a long time, but it's about time I did for all the shit wrong with this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't written an S-List article in a long time, but it's about time I did for all the shit wrong with this game.

Oh believe me, an article on Runners and it's quality/problems is on it's way from me. I'm just digging up as many confirmed problems/issues that I can find. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This game has so much potential to be a fantastic mobile game, but Sega keeps falling short.  Breaks my heart.

Just scored 7.6 million as Cream.  Probably my best run with any character as the initial score was 15~ million.  Pretty funny sitting in a comfortable place on the S*** leader board as the only Cream user.

Should i buy at least one easy character for the events or not?

No. They're a rip off at 250 RSRs and events are just as easy with the normal characters. Removing 10% speed isn't going to make that much of a difference.

how much it takes to get a char level 100?

It takes starting from level 0 to level 100 exactly 5,857,500 rings to fully level character except for Team Easy which needs exactly 781,000 rings and before worldwide release you only needed 3,905,000 rings total. The amount of rings needed at level 100 is 165,000 or 22,000 for Team Easy or 110,000 before worldwide release.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the only reason I got an easy character in the first place is because I've been saving RSR's for a particular character since the soft launch.  I had more than enough by the time they were officially released.

I wonder when does this event appear, hopefully in August, as how now most of the events appear each month...

Am I the only one having problems with this platform?

11gkkkj.jpg

Sometimes it sends me flying , make me fall through that platform , makes me jump involuntarily, ... :wacko:

11gkkkj.jpg

Sometimes it sends me flying , make me fall through that platform , makes me jump involuntarily, ... :wacko:

Ever since the update that platform seems to randomly cause problems. 

Jump either doesn't work or the jump arc is too low.

Damn I have no idea what to do now. I have like 311 RSR and I haven't gotten Rouge yet. I dunno if I should just try to get her on the last day, or just wait for a Shadow to see if he gives the 75% bonus as well. I need that bonus to survive in the rankings without Carbuncle, but I can't blow all my RSRs yet especially since I might end up with Blaze and not Rouge.

Ugh I hate the wheel.

Honestly speaking.. Chars with better bonus stats does improve your score but not significantly. One of the best way to improve your score in this game is to keep playing and learn all the patterns of the stage that you are good at as much as possible. 

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but sometimes when I think I'm following the patterns correctly (e.g jump where there's an arch of crystals) sometimes the jump overshoots and I die. Does this happen to others? Or do I time too late?

I've had enough...

It's completely inexcusable. 

Remember when I said a few pages back that my game was only 60MB, well I was wrong, it was at 1.6GB, the storage app was getting false information from Runners. 

I am struggling to see how Runners is any different to some forms of malware.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but sometimes when I think I'm following the patterns correctly (e.g jump where there's an arch of crystals) sometimes the jump overshoots and I die. Does this happen to others? Or do I time too late?

Happens to everybody.

In fact I just wrote about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

WOW. Well at least that means it's a bug that will (should) be fixed.

I'm surprised there's so much dead weight the app luggs around? Can you delete it and everything'll run smoothly? Or for example, you delete events and certain characters disappear?

EDIT: Thanks for the mention in the article XD

Edited by SuperAj3

I've had enough...

It's completely inexcusable. 

Remember when I said a few pages back that my game was only 60MB, well I was wrong, it was at 1.6GB, the storage app was getting false information from Runners. 

I am struggling to see how Runners is any different to some forms of malware.

Happens to everybody.

In fact I just wrote about it.

I just read it. I agree with the jump arc, clipping problems, framerate problems and all that, but I think the "Companions not picking up animals" was an intentional design choice since the size mechanic was removed with companions (even though merlina and papurisu are the only companions that have sizes listed for whatever reason). Also add there's a graphical glitch on the loading screen before the stage load.

I think after the inclusion of the Death Egg, collecting animals would be too easy. IIRC, they used to give only 250 points per animal, now it's 2500.

I think after the inclusion of the Death Egg, collecting animals would be too easy. IIRC, they used to give only 250 points per animal, now it's 2500.

Don't know. Usually the companions that had more situationial effects were given a greater size to compensate for the occurrence rate of their ability. The Death Egg requires death as a prerequisite for its ability to activate, and even then, it won't always give you a continue. It's ability doesn't enhance animal score either, so I think it would have been balanced for animal collecting. I honestly think companion animal collecting was nerfed because of Rappy...

11gkkkj.jpg

Same here. I think it was done because the spin dash is much faster in Ver 1.1.2 than the previous ones.

Guys is the double rings event over? i don't even see the notification.

It takes starting from level 0 to level 100 exactly 5,857,500 rings to fully level character except for Team Easy which needs exactly 781,000 rings and before worldwide release you only needed 3,905,000 rings total. The amount of rings needed at level 100 is 165,000 or 22,000 for Team Easy or 110,000 before worldwide release.

Thanks

Edited by Junior Flete
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guys is the double rings event over? i don't even see the notification.

Only RSR sale isn't over yet.