Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Can someone explain this to me.

I have a Galaxy S5 using the most upto date build, It's current storage space is 59.47MB.

Just looked at a Sony Xperia 3 which is using the worldwide launch build. It's current storage space is at over 800MB.

Android device? 

Can I also add one to the list? 

If you play the game on android with the device plugged in and charging, it increases the lag from 'laggy' to 'communist newspaper' level of frame rate.

Strange. For me it does the opposite. The game runs better if my device is plugged in and charging..

Can someone explain this to me.

I have a Galaxy S5 using the most upto date build, It's current storage space is 59.47MB.

Just looked at a Sony Xperia 3 which is using the worldwide launch build. It's current storage space is at over 800MB.

We've said earlier that it's due to the event updates. All that data it downloads when you launch the game gets saved every time. It doesn't delete the old data for some reason. Mine is at 1.25GB and I've been playing since day 1 of soft launch. 

• Thumbs Up 2

We've said earlier that it's due to the event updates. All that data it downloads when you launch the game gets saved every time. It doesn't delete the old data for some reason. Mine is at 1.25GB and I've been playing since day 1 of soft launch. 

How can that be possible?

Galaxy S5: Been playing daily since the soft launch = 56MB.

Xperia: Installed using the soft launch, then installed the worldwide update, hasn't been touched until now = 800+ MB

Surely the Galaxy S5 would be at over 800MB by now?

I was wondering why my smartphone's data was all taken up as it said Runners was only 32 MB in size. However, once I transfered my data to my iPad version and uninstalled the game, it gave me 1GB of data back to my phone! Runners is a data hog.

I may have figured out how to stop the roulette wheel at approximately the right spot.

Let the wheel do 1 full rotation.

Then tap the screen literally the moment you enter the spot you want it to land on.

Just managed to get rouge this way, almost landed in a gold egg using this method too. 

Wasn't you, and more here on the thread I think, the ones saying that the roulette animation was just for show, the object is already determined by the time you press the button? 

Doesn't matter where you press or how many times you press, the result is already determined by the time you press the button, even if you quit the app the prize you were going to get Is unlocked after the button. 

Like, if you start a new game, the first free companion is always going to be a pumpkin chao (used to be RC pig when normal eggs were a thing), after creating so many accounts for Amy I saw so many different spins, but always with same result

The animation and how you press is irrelevant, you may even force stop the game tight after you press the button, it's all determined :o

I was wondering why my smartphone's data was all taken up as it said Runners was only 32 MB in size. However, once I transfered my data to my iPad version and uninstalled the game, it gave me 1GB of data back to my phone! Runners is a data hog.

My Runners save was accumulating data since Rappy/PSO2 collaboration, and recently reached the size of 1,10GB, which is ridiculous. 

After taking a look at the Runners Folder, there's a folder in "Files" called "UnityChache" that grows bigger and bigger with each update, and had the size of 1GB

After deleting that while keeping all the others, the game simply asked to download game data again and the size got reduced to 300MB :P

Screenshot_2015-07-29-01-44-12-1.png

Edited by LBPlombax7

So I put this tweet out.. there are some very interesting replies...

Especially the one where Runners is saving video files/adverts to your phone without your knowledge...

Can anyone who has high storage files confirm this is happening?

Stopping the roulette early only stops it on the part it was gonna land early. It determines what you're gonna get the instant you press that button.

The game currently uses 2.32 GB for me and no way in knowing what files it uses unless I take SD card and search through it on computer which takes while.

The game currently uses 2.32 GB for me and no way in knowing what files it uses unless I take SD card and search through it on computer which takes while.

Just get your transfer data and reinstall the game. It goes down to around 200 MB

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, my game only uses 60MB(just under), yet people here say doing the reinstall method gets it down to between 100-200MB?

How is this possible. My game was a day 1 softlaunch install, I have played it daily since. I have never used the reinstall trick, nor the data transfer thing. 

The only thing which might explain it is that from the softlaunch up until last weeks update, I had to install the game via an APK.

Interesting. I found this on twitter. Apparently if the arrow is on this rare eqq space, mash the stop button repeatedly and you're guaranteed the character egg?

188f99e5a567ae2935dc8391b1e2a086.jpg

Are you sure about this?

I got Blaze using 10 special eggs & @Hogfather's method two days ago.

I'm still a bit iffy with these methods. I always thought that once you hit that button, it connects to Sega's servers, the server picks a random buddy and sends the result to your device. Doesn't matter if you hit that button 20 or 30 times during the spin.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is literally the poke ball method 2015 style lol.

Basically.

Just keep pressing B or B+A and the Pokeball will never miss....

Come on now, that junk doesn't work.

Down+B, all day every day. It's the only right choice. :V

• Thumbs Up 4

So I put this tweet out.. there are some very interesting replies...

Especially the one where Runners is saving video files/adverts to your phone without your knowledge...

Can anyone who has high storage files confirm this is happening?

I have 2 devices with Runners, one with a save since day 1 and one with a save since Rappy event. 

One has around 2GB size and the other the 1.1GB size I showed in the picture, both came from the folder called "UnityChache"

The older the save, the more updates it went trough the more data it gets accumulated there.

Anyone here that has an android at least can either check this on the computer or using a sd card explorer from Play store

That's why my phone was so over-packed with data that I couldn't even use my other apps. This fucking game.

I ended up transferring my phone runners data to my iPad to save my characters. I lost the Death Egg and RC Egg fleet companions I had on the iPad in the process. Can Sonic Team just make a solid game without royally fucking up in different ways?! 

Edited by Jason the Jackass
  • Thumbs Up 2

I had classic sonic and vector the croc but accidentally deleted the app trying to free up space right after the world wide release >_>'.

That's why my phone was so over-packed with data that I couldn't even use my other apps. This fucking game.

I ended up transferring my phone runners data to my iPad to save my characters. I lost the Death Egg and RC Egg fleet companions I had on the iPad in the process. Can Sonic Team just make a solid game without royally fucking up in different ways?! 

You can email them about it and they will probably apologize by sending you new ones

This is exactly why Runners should just be using ICloud for its save data, not this idiotic fucking data transfer crap. Even Sonic Dash used ICloud!