Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Spartan Strike's been on Steam for 4 months now lol.

Not really, it was up for pre-order then got delayed after the massive clusterfuck of MCC bugs were being reported it just now is being released.

Wait, Cortana's coming to Android? What the fuck?

Yeah, it is. cool huh? Though Cortana iOS may be limited as fuck.

*Sigh* here we go again...

But on the plus side, we get to know more about Locke's armor:

"Fans who reserve Halo 5: Guardians at GameStop in the U.S. will get access at launch* to the pre-order exclusive Spartan Locke, HUNTER-class armor set for use in multiplayer**, including:

HUNTER-Class Armor: Sophisticated and lethal, HUNTER-class armor incorporates Watershed Division's latest warfighting technology.

HUNTER-Class Helmet: Though still considered a prototype implementation, the HUNTER's sensor suite enhances situational and threat awareness."

Wonder what other retail outlets are going to offer what?

• 2 weeks later...

To those curious, the ones in Team Chief are Fred, Kelly and Linda. long-time friends of Chief and been in numerous books, they also just fought the Didact in Halo Escalation. this will be their 1st video game appearance

More about them here:

http://www.halopedia.org/Fred

http://www.halopedia.org/Kelly

http://www.halopedia.org/Linda

• Thumbs Up 1

So going off the books heavily again? I hope everything is explained better in-game this time, so it's not as confusing as 4.

Also, that's apparently the box art, too. I'm not a huge fan. Probably my least favorite Halo box art since the first.

halo5_keyart_horiz_final.jpg?h=529&w=940

halo5_keyart_vert_final.jpg?h=538

Its about fucking time for Blue Team, Bungie dick teased them for years and I thought 343 was going to do the same thing but I'm glad we will finally be able to fight side by side with the legendary Blue Team. they've been mentioned more then once in games, comics, and movies too Marcello, they deserve this spot.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the game, I just don't want 343 to assume everybody is knowledgeable in the expanded universe again.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the game, I just don't want 343 to assume everybody is knowledgeable in the expanded universe again.

Blue Team has been in enough other media besides the books to know who they are at this point, you would have to be pretty narrow minded or a multiplayer only nutbag to not know who they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bitch!

No Invasion gametype for Halo 5.

What is their deal with Reach and its gametypes?! they seem to treat Reach like it was a damned plague, It had some good ideas and Invasion was one of them it would be the only other gametype besides BTB I'd play for large scale team slayer.

What does this mean Elites aren't playable again too?

This really just ticks me off.

Blue Team has been in enough other media besides the books to know who they are at this point, you would have to be pretty narrow minded or a multiplayer only nutbag to not know who they are.

Where they in the games? I know about them since friends told me about them. All I'm asking for is that non-game materials are treated as nothing more than references and not have my understanding of the story be hinged on whether or not I read a book. Having the characters around is fine. They're simply other Spartans.

they seem to treat Reach like it was a damned plague

It's actually kind of ironic that they do, because 4 had a far worse public reception than Reach did. But yeah it's disappointing, I liked modes like Firefight and they've completely thrown them away.

Does anyone remember Half-Life Full-life Consequences? Well a quick recap, its a machinma series made by Djy1991 that ran from 2008-2010 that was a parody of fan fiction in the Half Life series, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs.

Now 5 years after the last episode was made, Djy1991 now named ICTON has started a new series and you can probably guess what its about:

Enjoy the adventures of Joe Chief and the Halos in Space!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I had an Xbox One and MCC, I would be pretty happy about this. I loved ODST, it had such a depressing atmosphere that really completed the experience. It's a real shame that there is no firefight, I quite liked that mode and if MCC does get Reach then I wouldn't count on that having it either.

I'm still secretly hoping that MCC is coming to Windows at some point, 343i didn't rule it out so fingers crossed. Imagine a dual wield mod for every game. <3

Destiny poster was removed for a Halo 1 refference:

Screenshot-Original.png

Guess its understandable, its not Bungies game anymore so they can't refference a rival game.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roundup so far:

Story

• Solo Players accompanied by a team of 3 other Spartans from Blue Team, ability to give basic squad order ala Republic Commando.
  • Drop in/Drop Out online coop
  • GI played only the second mission titled ‘Blue Team’
  • All Spartan abilities available in MP also present in SP
  • Second Level ends with Chief dreaming
  • English Speaking Covenant are back, Designs from Halo 4 are kept.
  • Your teammates can revive you, even in single player.
  • You can command them to do a bunch of things such as target specific enemies, pick up specific weapons, use a turret etc.
  • There will be multiple ways to complete a mission. In the example you could kill everyone, enable some turrets to help you out, go find a generator and destroy it etc.
  • There will be multiple side routes so it won't be completely linear, as in you can sneak through a vent Deus Ex style and go a different route.
  • Chief has to deal with the loss of Cortana from 4 and the 'ghost of Cortana' in 5
  • Has alternate paths in campaign levels
  • In coop each player is a different member of Blue Team, and players start with different loadouts, plus the final game will have different huds for each character
  • Split screen not supported
  • Xbox Live Gold for online co-op needed. (Revised thanks to Josh Homes, XBL Gold will be needed after all, Trials will be included).

MP

• Game will launch with over 20 maps (unknown how many are forge variants), their plan is to add 15 more by June 2016
  • ALL MAP DLC TO BE FREE!
  • Empire has been tweaked substantially since the beta
  • A brand new underwater map revelead called Fathom, is symmetrical.
  • BTB to be revealed at E3, or rather a ‘new epic multiplayer experience’, (please be Battlefield Halo).