Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Oh wow, can you post some gameplay videos Stricker?

Sorry dude, don't have the software to do that. Though, like you said videos are starting to pop up so I doubt I'd be showing off anything different at this point. XD It's actually a verily simple thing to set up and pretty easy to find at this point as well. You should give it a go.

Sorry dude, don't have the software to do that. Though, like you said videos are starting to pop up so I doubt I'd be showing off anything different at this point. XD It's actually a very simple thing to set up and pretty easy to find at this point as well. You should give it a go.

Well I'm sure as hell my computer can't run it but what are the specs of Halo Online?

Who is uploading videos?

Well I'm sure as hell my computer can't run it but what are the specs of Halo Online?

Who is uploading videos?

I'd love for this to be brought over, or just port the first 3 Halo games to the PC and put them on either Steam or the Windows 10 Marketplace.

4chan man, /v/ got tired of Gamecheat and Zedd posting stuff so they hunted down people who did get a copy of the preinstall.  one thing lead to another annnd:

>torrent
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2216b8cba75609b47ad6be43bcf86d8cb4d0b825&dn=Halo.zip&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337

>Megaupload link
https://mega.co.nz/#!2J5ClYqS!k68rgN0MGQyuSgPJ9Q2jcGvMd1IGHSeX7RhKC0PoyEw

>HaloFreeLoader link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bt3qriaiz9yafky/HaloFreeLoader-0.1.zip

>video tutorials to get it running and in English
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0WtdKi6VU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRU9gndAkLo

On an offnote, A Tankhog. a fucking Tankhog. I love it! its such a ridiculous concept but I want it soo bad!!

Also holy hell Valhalla's skybox is huge! you can actually fly to space its that huge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its cool, were all getting signed up but were also taking a preview of what were in for ourselves too.

Hey Stricker whats with that cutscene at the end of that video you posted? any full version of that?

So, I tried to get in, but it crashed at the screen where I have to hit enter for the cmd prompt. I'll assume its an issue with my PC

Hey Stricker whats with that cutscene at the end of that video you posted? any full version of that?

That's basically the whole cutscene really. The only part missing is a shot of both a spartan and elite staring at each other as it fades to black.

That's basically the whole cutscene really. The only part missing is a shot of both a spartan and elite staring at each other as it fades to black.

well, I'd like to see it just without commentary if thats possible.

[A handy guide for all things Halo Online, including how to get it booted up into english]

Bookmark it because it updates constantly.

I just find this seriously amazing that the likes of Reddit and /v/ are working together along with various other coders and hackers trying to get this game working and get it to have online multiplayer outside of the russian F2P servers.

The drive to have PC Halo, esp. a PC Halo 3 is really something to behold in 48 hours we've already done soo much and learning soo many things about this engine and the way it works.

I'd much prefer it if Halo Online didn't have sprint.

This, while valid, is somewhat becoming annoying at this point, the series has evolved as of 4. Sprint is a mainstay. AND even then, 5 lets you turn off sprint.

This, while valid, is somewhat becoming annoying at this point, the series has evolved as of 4. Sprint is a mainstay. AND even then, 5 lets you turn off sprint.

If by evolved you mean gotten worse and massively lost its sense of identity to Call of Duty then sure.

Halo Online at least doesn't have the ridiculous Armour Abilities of Reach or even worse perks, ordinance and loadouts from 4, but the sprint is still a bad design decision. Halo is an arena shooter and wasn't built with sprint in mind. It's even more jarring seeing how Halo Online is basically Halo 3 with a tacked on Sprint Function.

If by evolved you mean gotten worse and massively lost its sense of identity to Call of Duty then sure.

Halo Online at least doesn't have the ridiculous Armour Abilities of Reach or even worse perks, ordinance and loadouts from 4, but the sprint is still a bad design decision. Halo is an arena shooter and wasn't built with sprint in mind. It's even more jarring seeing how Halo Online is basically Halo 3 with a tacked on Sprint Function.

4 definitely went the Call of Duty route in terms of the loadouts, and glorified killstreaks in the form of ordinance drops, but that doesn't make it a bad game, hell, I think armour abilities are pretty damn good once the inital teething problems of Armor Lock and shit like that. The Halo wasn't designed with sprint in mind only applies to the Bungie games, this being the fact that in the trilogy, Sprint didn't exist and in Reach, Sprint was optional. However in 4, the game was designed to take into consideration that everyone has sprint. Same with Guardians, everyone has Sprint by default as well as some form of the thruster pack from 4 and other added mobility options which the game is designed with the knowledge of. However if Halo Online is literally Halo 3 with some other fancy shit, I can't make a case for it.

4 definitely went the Call of Duty route in terms of the loadouts, and glorified killstreaks in the form of ordinance drops, but that doesn't make it a bad game

It's bad in that it doesn't suit the Halo style. Halo is supposed to be a skill-based game that focuses on map control and well-aimed shooting. Throwing random Fuel Rod Guns, Rocket Launchers and other Power Weapons randomly across the map, as well as random Personal Ordinance dumbed all of Halo's spirit as far down as possible and turned the game into absolute chaos. Halo 4's Multiplayer was trash. It's slightly better on MCC, but only because they removed a  lot of the fluff. Call of Duty is actually more skill-based, because the Killstreaks aren't handed out to everyone like pinatas for no reason. 

I think armour abilities are pretty damn good once the inital teething problems of Armor Lock and shit like that. 

Reach definitely had worse Armour Abilities, but 4's are still pretty bad. They are either completely useless or, like, Active Camo, should be pickups. In both games,The Jetpack destroys map flow and should only be in Single Player. They are all completely unnecessary and I appreciate 343 replacing them the way they did in Halo 5 with Spartan Abilities. 

However in 4, the game was designed to take into consideration that everyone has sprint. Same with Guardians, everyone has Sprint by default as well as some form of the thruster pack from 4 and other added mobility options which the game is designed with the knowledge of.

This makes maps which are against what Halo was originally envisioned to be, an Arena Shooter, and in cases where maps are re-made completely screws up the intended map-flow. Halo 5's version of Midship is a good example of this, as everyone sprints all over the place which greatly cheapens how the level was intended to play on Halo 2. Sprint has no place in Halo, and whilst I appreciate that Halo 5 greatly discourages it, I'd rather it wasn't in.

It's far worse in Halo Online though, Halo 3 is broken with Sprint. 

But hey, it's good to have a fellow Halo fan here :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about so heres an update about the Online Multiplayer:

There is no LAN code (maybe)

Here's the official stance of where multiplayer is:

The main menu and lobby's been figured out to the stage where the client is now requesting data from the server. Of course, that's failing because it can't connect.

So we're trying to make a server emu, and then have it so that the client requests data from OUR server instead of the official one. Once we get there, we're in good territory.

That is, right now, exactly where we are on the Multiplayer front. I'll update the moment something happens, but that's the answer you're going to get until then.

I actually have no problem with sprint, I thought it was a legitimately good addition to the series. I had a lot of other issues with Halo 4 though that ruined the game for me (namely the multiplayer just feeling boring to me in comparison to previous entries, as well as load outs and more enclosed 'big' maps). If Thete was one thing that Halo 4 did right though? Making sprint a part of your default moveset.

New trailer!!

Locke that bastard, I'd knew I hate him...

Making progress!

Also Halo Online is now known as Project: El Dorito

The other trailer was just as sick. I may have to wait for E3 for my final judgement on if I'm going to empty my bank account for it or not.

Is Halo Online worth checking out? All of those screenshots including Microtransactions was putting me away, but it's Halo, and I'll take it if it means playing it on the PC.

It's bad in that it doesn't suit the Halo style. Halo is supposed to be a skill-based game that focuses on map control and well-aimed shooting. Throwing random Fuel Rod Guns, Rocket Launchers and other Power Weapons randomly across the map, as well as random Personal Ordinance dumbed all of Halo's spirit as far down as possible and turned the game into absolute chaos. Halo 4's Multiplayer was trash. It's slightly better on MCC, but only because they removed a  lot of the fluff. Call of Duty is actually more skill-based, because the Killstreaks aren't handed out to everyone like pinatas for no reason. 

Reach definitely had worse Armour Abilities, but 4's are still pretty bad. They are either completely useless or, like, Active Camo, should be pickups. In both games,The Jetpack destroys map flow and should only be in Single Player. They are all completely unnecessary and I appreciate 343 replacing them the way they did in Halo 5 with Spartan Abilities. 

This makes maps which are against what Halo was originally envisioned to be, an Arena Shooter, and in cases where maps are re-made completely screws up the intended map-flow. Halo 5's version of Midship is a good example of this, as everyone sprints all over the place which greatly cheapens how the level was intended to play on Halo 2. Sprint has no place in Halo, and whilst I appreciate that Halo 5 greatly discourages it, I'd rather it wasn't in.

It's far worse in Halo Online though, Halo 3 is broken with Sprint. 

But hey, it's good to have a fellow Halo fan here :)

But hey, you're talking to a Halo fan who was much more of a fanboy back in it's 3/Reach days.

I was a huge fan of Halo since the original Halo on Xbox  :P .

It's good to have some fellow Halo fans on SSMB!

Halo 3 is by far one of my all-time favourite shooters, I absolutely loved it. The campaign was brilliant, the multiplayer was fun with some large, open maps, and it's gone down in my book as a modern classic. I also enjoyed ODST and Reach, though Im not sure I would put them on level with 3. I was really excited for 4 but what I got on release was frankly disappointing. It lacked that special something that Halo had, and it made the game feel....well....as though it was intended for the CoD audience. If I want a CoD game, I'll buy a CoD game, but Halo should remain it's own thing.

• 2 weeks later...