Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

I was expecting something a little bit higher, but that's not bad at all, it sounds like such a big improvement over 4 even if the story is mixed. I think I'll buy this this when the price goes down and play it at my sister's house.

Hopefully multiplayer won't have any serious issues like MCC.

The destructoid review doesn't make sense. "I loved Halo 1 so I'm gonna play the 5th title then bitch when I don't understand whats going on!!", Motherfucker it says Halo "5" in the title What did you expect a full blown recap?!

• Thumbs Up 2

12193782_971285169595214_841310669427468

I wasn't going to get it this soon. But my mum offered to take me down to my local Asda at Midnight for it! If anyone is wondering how much it is there, It's £42! Gonna play through the first level before I submit to my bed...

Edited by Scott
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't mean to double post here, but I just wanted to post my impressions thus far...

So far I'm in 10/15 missions, won't go into details about the story....

Graphically, I'm not seeing much of a difference to Halo 4 on the 360, that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. It still looks good and is a visual example of how far the franchise has came in the last decade and a bit. 

For the first time, I actually FEEL like a supersoldier. With the abilities you have at your arsenal, you feel like an unstoppable force without your abilities feeling "tacked-on" like the previous armour abilities.

Enjoying the story, some elements have left me sighing but overall it's engaging. 

ALOT more action than Halo 4 had to over. Which is saying a lot. Doesn't distract from moments of atmospheric beauty!

Mission 9 and 11 was a waste....you'll see what I mean...

Nathan Fillion :D

Edited by Scott

Hmm, I really don't like what I'm hearing about the story. its odd for a Halo game to fuck up on its story, usually they are well received to meh at worst. if it continues to get bad reception like this I wonder if they will make another campaign story mode DLC ala Spartan OPs without the suck.

On a side note, heres what happened to me yesterday. So, I go and finally pick up my gamestop preorder for the limited edition and...

HuG9Xhcl.jpg
tLuuIvyl.jpg
iSjxI6xl.jpg
8jKCiZel.jpg
27M1Vskl.jpg
8XhNTLYl.jpg

Yeah...turns out their was a shipping accident and I was the lucky soul to get a proper fucked case. I only had 2 options: wait a week for more copies so I can get it swapped out or get 10% off and take it as is, you can see what I chose.

Fortunately nothing looks damaged thank god the disk is safe and unharmed. but now I got to look and use this shit steelbook case, I'm really disappointed this happened.

So, does anybody have a spare steelbook I can buy off of them?!

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the story. It wasn't really longer than Halo 4 either. I also feel it doesn't live up to the marketing of the story

Speaking of the story in Halo 5, I wasn't too happy with it at first, but then I done a little researching that cleared a few things up for me.

(Major campaign spoilers under tag!)

Now, I was pretty thrilled when I found out Cortana was coming back, but things changed when I found out they made her 'evil'. However, there's 3 different theories going around about what's up with Cortana, allow me to explain:

- It's not the real Cortana.

- The Cortana we're seeing in Halo 5 is one of the rampant copies of Cortana that survived. Remember at the end of Halo 4 when she said "most of me is down there"? It's theorized that the part of her that loved Chief didn't make the fall.

- After actually curing her rampancy, she only ended the effect that was going to end her life span. She's still losing her mind, and that's going to be the end of her.

The last theory is the one I believe the most, but what do you guys think?

Yeah I never suspected once that if Cortana did come back it wasn't her in the sense, she was either an incomplete copy or a corpse being puppeteered, Remember the Didact is still a threat too even if hes been composed Chief never once thought he was dead.

Haha, a HALO 5 parody picture was posted on the official Sonic Facebook page:

First I thought it will be a real new Sonic game, and then I just realized: Ahh, they just tricked us again. :D

Speaking of the story in Halo 5, I wasn't too happy with it at first, but then I done a little researching that cleared a few things up for me.

(Major campaign spoilers under tag!)

Hidden Content

I like this theory a lot! It seems like the most sensible thing regarding the situation. 

But my god, I wish they would stop finding ways to re-use Cortana, really not a fan of her D:

Edited by Scott
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like this theory a lot! It seems like the most sensible thing regarding the situation. 

I completely agree! But the thing is, the story is the most criticized part of the game, since the multiplayer is supposedly the best since Halo 2 (and plenty have said it to be better). Which I can kind of understand that, I actually had to dig around the web a little bit to figure a few things out about it. Glad I did though!

It definitely feels like the multiplayer was put above all. And while Halo 2 is my least favourite game. At least it had a lengthy meaty campaign AND a good multiplayer. 

I think it would do 343 allot of good to get a secondary campaign going as soon as possible, to fill some of the holes the main story left and leave people with a sense of completion and hell I'd buy a new campaign seeing as I'm getting the maps for free. hopefully within a year we hear about a new story mode coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard there was no intention for story DLC :/ which blows! But I would be happy to have a campaign of just Blue Team! Maybe even a "Tales of Halo" kind of story that lets you play as Chief and Locke through moments in their careers. Like small campaigns, for example playing through a segment of "Fall of Reach" or "Escalation" as Blue Team or something.

But I'd also happily pay for more Campaign. Despite having it on both phone and PC, I'd buy Spartan Strike for Xbox One. 

But until either of that, I'll just keep buying the Mega Blok blind bags :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait where did you hear that? NeoGAF??

I will leave this Here

Although I hold a small pinch of hope. I mean it's not like 343 stick to their plans right? As I'm pretty sure when Halo 4 released, they were talking about doing lots of Spartan Ops Seasons, with some of them costing down the line, but it never went beyond Season 2. 

And what with the original Guardians teaser featuring a lone, cloaked chief on a search for...something, only mirrors the basic ideal of the story. So I donno, maybe they'll change their minds down the line. I donno 

Josh says allot of things, remember when he said their would be split screen for Multiplayer?! Ha!

I'll wait until Frank, Bonnie, or Kiki say something buuuuuut even then I still doubt 343's PR bandwagon after the stunts they pulled with the MCC.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I don't completely agree with Angry Joe's review and it doesn't seem he did much research on it either to be honest but overall, he mostly captures my feelings towards the campaign.

But most of all, what's most important about his video is.....that costume, man I wan't that costume, even for the helmet alone

Is there an achievement or anything for beating the campaign on legendary with 4 player co-op? If so, we should all team up and give it a shot. Couldn't be any worse than the AIs, right? c:

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there an achievement or anything for beating the campaign on legendary with 4 player co-op? If so, we should all team up and give it a shot. Couldn't be any worse than the AIs, right? c:

I'd be game for that if there is!

• Thumbs Up 1

Was looking over this again and came across the "All for one" achievement. It's for doing Heroic in co-op. But there's an achievement for completing every mission on Legendary and one for completing every level on Legendary Solo. So I assume if your going Lone Wolf all the way through, you'll get both legendary achievements? 

Also, this came in the mail today...

12043122_974956442561420_264405873154192

Never bought a Nerf Gun before. But being that it's modelled after the pistol and would also make an inexpensive prop should I ever do a Halo cosplay makes it worth it. Lethal little thing though. Can see why they don't stock it here in Scotland :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Was looking over this again and came across the "All for one" achievement. It's for doing Heroic in co-op. But there's an achievement for completing every mission on Legendary and one for completing every level on Legendary Solo. So I assume if your going Lone Wolf all the way through, you'll get both legendary achievements? 

Yep, that's how it's always been. So if we done 4 player Legendary co-op, we'd get it and the Heroic one. Be a nice chunk of Gamerscore!

• Thumbs Up 1