Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Confirmed: Jinnouchi is sole composer, working on making Halo music sound more Halo-ish.

TesQYGW.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a little late but damn it invasion was such a super fun mode in halo reach I'm surprised they didn't bring it back again.

Oh well but overall this game is a for sure buy for me. I loved the multiplayer from the beta and everything else seems to sound good. Free dlc maps? Count me in.

So yeah, I'm shocked this wasn't bumped. but then again not allot of Halo fans here.

Campaign footage from E3:

Warzone, the new gametype that fuses BTB, Firefight, and Invasion all in one:

Warzone ViDoc:

Warzone gameplay:

MORE Warzone gameplay:

And finally, some clairifaction on REQ Packs:

wz_banner_02-b4fbac0c3cdc4b77b9c9563da81

I'm seeing a lot of questions on Twitter and in forums about the new Requisition System (REQ System) in Halo 5: Guardians.

The REQ System rewards players across both our multiplayer experiences. Players will earn REQ Points after each match in Arena or Warzone multiplayer, which can then be redeemed for REQ Packs. So what goodies are in REQ Packs? Each pack contains a variety of requisitions (REQs) in the form of unlockable weapons and armors, skins, assassination animations, and more. In addition, players will receive REQ Packs as rewards when they level up their Spartan Rank (SR) and complete Commendations across multiplayer.

While players will earn REQ Packs across both Arena and Warzone, only cosmetic items can be used in our Arena experience. This is to ensure that all players start with the same weapons and abilities as part of our vision for the balanced, competitive play in Arena multiplayer.

In Warzone, our new massive-scale multiplayer experience, we wanted to give fans even more variety and choice in how they play. Within Warzone, you’ll have the ability to deploy a multitude of weapons and vehicles from your inventory of REQs throughout a match. These requisitions are governed and balanced by Warzone’s in-match REQ Level and Energy systems, which are driven by player and team performance within the mode.

The REQ System is designed to generously reward players with a steady stream of content to keep gameplay fresh. We’ll be continuing to release new REQ content, post launch, so there are always new toys to play with. All REQ content in the game can earned through the regular course of play in multiplayer. We’ll also give players the option to purchase REQ Packs as a matter of convenience, with a portion of the proceeds going toward prize pools for the Halo Championship Series. Stay tuned for more details on Halo 5 esports plans later this summer.

We're excited to be showing Warzone for the first time here at E3 and on behalf of the entire Halo 5: Guardians team I want to thank you all for your support.

/Josh

Full details of the limited and legendary editions of Halo 5:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-16-at-11.59.38-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2015-06-17-at-12.00.00-AM.pn

CHrrV1MVEAI5qft.jpg

Keep in mind, the limited edition gets everything except the statue.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, animated The Fall of Reach? Holy fucking shit, I want this.

Josh Homes, Halo 5's multiplayer designer, got interviewed at E3

summary of the interview:

1. 6 warzone maps + 6 more dlc warzone maps
  2. single use req cards you dont like can be traded back for Req points
  3. no player to player card trading
  4. select weapon skins, armor skins, armor pieces and assassination animations in a Spartan Customization menu
  5. only the starting weapons(dictated via gametype) will have skins
  6. Rocket Warthog single confirmed
  7. certain assassination animations can last longer(risk/reward for your special snowflakeness)
  8. no plans for redeemable 5x5 codes(like the 3 month live cards you buy at gamestop)
  9. No Offline LAN support(let the tears flow)
  10. spectator mode allows the spectator to see player outlines through walls(pretty much like counter-strike)
  11. Ranks are back(booo)
  12. team slayer, team objective and breakout will be apart of the launch day playlists
  13. map voiting system not finalized
  14. quitting penalty is in day one
  15. Race still in but no plans for a matchmaking race playlist
  16. Join in progress is back but only for warzone and custom games
  17. Flag holders can use Clamber, Ground Pound and Thrust
  18. no warzone custom games
  19. A full list of features for Theater mode will be announced before launch
  20. no custom controller layouts
  21. 343 can modify the weapons in the game without need of title updates
  22. Speed Boost, Camo and Overshield to return as on map powerups
  23. no smartlink for vehicles
  24. all modes in the game will run on dedicated servers with no peer-to-peer fallback system

So uh, this popped up in my Youtube sub feed:

Guessing its some sort of How-To / starters guide to Halo Online.

What the heck happened to the other topic that was made by Carbo? I can't tell whats what anymore, did you guys close down the general for just the Halo 5 topic?

• 2 weeks later...

Along with the ViDoc and map announcement, the Fall Of Reach trailer was also shown at Comic-Con:

Along with the ViDoc and map announcement, the Fall Of Reach trailer was also shown at Comic-Con:

It seems to be animated similarly to the Terminals in Halo 2: Anniversary :/ not sure how I feel about that, especially if they release it for purchase. 

• 3 weeks later...

Halo Wars 2 announced!!

Also new Halo 5 gameplay on a new map:

And new limited edition console:

• Thumbs Up 1

Its funny how they are acting the world championship idea was a new thing. I guess global and world mean different things to 343.
warmaster660.jpg

I am super pumped for this game. Loved what I saw earlier today at the Microsoft Gamescom conference. I already have this bad boy pre-ordered for myself and my Dad. I sprung for the legendary edition and got my dad the collectors since he doesn't collect gaming stuff really aside from the games haha. I am kinda bummed that I didn't wait to get an Xbox One in one sense because I'd have totally gone for that Halo 5 console up there (to sit right beside my Halo 4 console!!) but that's okay, I don't regret adopting early haha. It looks really cool though. I guess I'll just have to make do with that Destiny PS4 I recently ordered (finally I can play my copy of Guilty Gear Xrd I have on my shelf!!!).

Anyway I am super stoked for the 4p co-op and Warzone looks extremely fun to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was gonna ask this in the statuses, but yeah lol can't.

So I started playing Halo 4 again after like 2 or so years, and I was curious: How much better does Halo 4 look on Xbox One compared to 360? Is it noticeable?

• Thumbs Up 1

It does definitely get an HD uplift but not as much as H2A's. new lighting and textures mainly.