Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

So look what's been spotted in the phantom Dust teaser.

DBZ1KlJ.jpg

1237367164.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

heh, thats interesting. wonder how that came about?

Anyways, some small tidbits about Halo MCC:

- Nathan Fillion voiced the Spartan in the Halo 5 beta trailer.

- The Halo 2 soundtrack + sound effects will be getting rerecorded by the Skywalker Orchestra

- Every single Halo map ever will be included on disk, (except Infinity + one other unconfirmed Halo PC Map, Danger Canyon and Geryphobia are in)

- The 6 remastered Halo 2 maps will be forgeable, they'll include Lockout, Ascension and Zanzibar

- Saved films will be back (not sure if it will be for all games/campaigns)

- the MC Collection trailer on the xbox youtube account (

) includes easter egg links to sierra-117.com where you hunt around the trailer and eventually get rewarded with desktop background.

- Online co-op for Halo 2 confirmed (probably just 2 player)

- Frankie on Locke's role "Chief is main hero. Locke's story begins in Halo Nightfall. Continuing in Guardians, but he isn't replacing the Chief."

- We'll be able to play specific Halo 1/2/3/4 only playlists.

Also, interesting article from ign, http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/the-real-reason-halo-the-master-chief-collection-exists

Comments that Halo 4 multiplayer isn't performing as well as Microsoft would like, and since emulating CoD hasn't panned out so well, they're using the MC Collection as a way of getting feedback on what style of Halo people prefer these days. They'll then use this information to make Halo 5 (hopefully) better.

Makes sense. With this MC Collection they're essentially creating the ultimate Halo bundle (though lack of ODST and Reach is noted), and will capture the attention of both old fans and the unfamiliar.

Combined with the beta, it's clear 343i and Microsoft want to know what we want.

Tricky thing will be finding the balance between responding to fan wishes vs having confidence in your own product.

This 14 minute cam. gameplay of the MCC keeps showing up on the social networks but keeps getting taken down.

Heres a link, just don't expect it to be up for long:

http://youtu.be/9Z2TtNhVGDk

Heres a download link, just make sure to get this backed up:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qyfo5g

Some neat stuff we haven't seen yet is shown. god damn those cutscenes! ♥

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kinda glad I can actually get this game this year since my brother is getting an Xbox one.

I never played halo 1 or 2 so when I get it its all gonna be new to me. it'll feel like I've got two prequels  lol if that makes sense.

^That is exactly what the MCC is trying to bring in. your gonna love Halo 1 and 2 and their multiplayers.

Its a shame that you'll have to buy Reach, Wars, and ODST seperately. hopefully 343i releases them as digital releases or in a second collection.

It's alright I played Reach already and I don't plan on buying ODST and wars. I loved Halo 3 and 4 so I know 1 and 2 should be good plus they getting remastered so its perfect.

Hopefully I'm not too distracted by Smash bros to get this collection lol.

Well it would be pretty cool to have the option handy, to have all of the halo experence on 1 console (even though you can techincally do that with the 360 as of right now but requires finding old discs and tunneling your XB360).

Reach, Wars, and ODST shouldn't be left behind because they don't star master chief, a good majority of the fanbase still plays reach daily and ODST is a great campagin. Wars....eh, its an okay game but I'd like it ported anyways just for completion's sake and its got its fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

Wow is this topic behind.

2015 Halo Print Publishing – 343 Industries, Simon & Schuster:

Halo: New Blood by New York Times bestselling author Matt Forbeck – a digital-first short novel released on March 2, 2015, ON SALE NOW

Halo: Hunters in the Dark by New York Times bestselling author Peter David – a full-length novel on sale June 16, 2015

Halo: Saint’s Testimony by 343 Industries Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor – a digital single on sale July 27, 2015

Halo: Last Light by New York Times bestselling author Troy Denning – a full-length novel on sale September 7, 2015

Halo: Shadow of Intent by New York Times bestselling author Joseph Staten – a digital-first novella on sale December 7, 2015!  

That author's name bolded at the end is pretty important, Joseph Staten was Halo's former writer and the voice of the Grunts in Halo's 1-Reach. he returned to Microsoft last year after ditching Bungie right in the middle of Destiny and causing them a real mess to clean up, but he hasn't said anything about working with 343i.

Now with this novel announcement it pretty much confirms hes semi-working with 343i on some level, god I hope he returns to voice the grunts that raspy VA for Halo 4 sucked.

Am I the only one who thinks that this whole thing looks incredibly... Fanfic-y? I mean, the trailer has all this focus on this SOOPER AMAZING ORIGINAL CHARACTER, Chief and Arby were apparently besties (When did this happen?), and Chief is apparently Jesus? Christ, 343, I liked Halo 4's story, confusing though it may be, but I have a hard time finding any confidence when the whole thing summarizes like lousy fanfiction.

I have very, very low hopes of this being anything other than a free-to-play cash grab.

I have very, very low hopes of this being anything other than a free-to-play cash grab.

yeah, agreed. but its still Halo 3's engine on PC, this will help the modding community greatly.

So my roommate and I actually got the beta build going around to run on my PC and, from what I played,... this is actually pretty fucking sweet. Playing Valhalla (and the other levels) on high is unbelievable. I know f2p games get a bad rep (and rightfully so) but I actually have full faith in this so far. In fact, I'd actually pay for the full version of this if the multiplayer features are there. I'm honestly praying that someone takes this and ports Halo 3 (and maybe even ODST) onto it. This just made me realize these games NEED a PC release and the fact that it may actually be possible now is just fantastic!

Oh wow, can you post some gameplay videos Stricker?

So yesterday, Lord Zedd and Gamecheat13 broke into Halo Online pre-install via a backdoor loader last night and have been posting a bunch of their findings on their twitters.

Heres something, superjump confirmed still in the Turf remake:

Now but seriously look at their twitters they found amazing things.
  • Thumbs Up 1