Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

I'll see what I can do after finishing the campaign on Legendary. If I ever get back to playing it, that is. Been attached to Sonic Heroes the past several days. c:

I'm enjoying it. Again, while the campaign isn't amazing, the game hasn't left the disc tray since release day! :D I'm having too much fun on Warzone, but that result I posted earlier was the most I had gained from actually being a helping team member. Usually I just treat it like BTB and kill enemy Spartans. But in this case and a few others, I'm taking over bases, taking down bosses and eliminating spartans. It's got to the point where 9/10 times I'm getting Scorpions in my REQ packs :) I've played enough of the multiplayer that I'm level 22 now :D only 18 more levels to go

Edited by Scott
Also hating that there isn't any Mark V armour D:
  • Thumbs Up 1

May sound like a bit of a noob here, but I think Warzone is kind of confusing. :wacko:

Edited by PeridotShades
100th post! c:

Ill try to explain it as brief as I can: 

Think of it like Big Team Battle, two teams (blue and red) and a big battlefield! Now add Promethean and Covenant enemies in between. Now add in three bases to take over as well. 

Throw the slayer ideology out the window. Because killing Spartans gives you the least points to win a match. In order to WIN the match, you need to take down the Promethean and Covenant enemies that spawn around the field, especially the "Boss Enemies" as well as taking as many bases as possible. 

Should you manage to take all three bases, the enemies Core will be exposed. Destroying the core is an insta-win! 

While I'm not entirely sure, even though you only get 10 points per Spartan kill, you may get more for killing any Spartans while protecting a Base. Again, not sure

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah thats more or less it. you don't even need to kill spartans or go after the core, just killing Covenant and Promethean forces will score you enough points to win.

Finally got back to the Legendary Campaign today. This is my first run doing a Solo Legendary run on a Halo game by myself. I've never really tried before, and I thought the opportunity while having a team this time around would make all the difference. However, I have a theory: I think that the harder the difficulty, the dumber your teammates get. I couldn't tell you how many times I'll be down while playing as Locke, and Buck runs over just to watch me die. Thanks, buddy! That, or my team will try to heal me out in open cover, jeez. xD

Also, I very much appreciate your explanation Scott. Warzone makes more sense to me now, I'll have to give it another try sometime!

• Thumbs Up 1

When i get round to doing legendary, I'm gonna try being as cautious as possible so I don't have to rely on team mates. AI on Legendary, no matter which Halo game it is, generally sucks D:

*shudders at Kat's driving skills in Halo: Reach*

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't the AI team mates switch out weapons and have infinite ammo, why not just get a team of fuel rods and binary rifles and you can plow through any level?

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news! Finally beat the campaign on Legendary solo. It was the first game I've ever done Legendary on by myself, I'm very proud of that. Even though I already seen the Legendary ending, seeing it while actually earning it makes it much much better. Ready to 4 player co-op it sometime, guys! I look forward to it since we're all much smarter than the AIs, who literally stand next to you and die while watching you die. :c

Can't the AI team mates switch out weapons and have infinite ammo, why not just get a team of fuel rods and binary rifles and you can plow through any level?

Basically, how I look at it is that they have the same shields/health as you. No matter what Halo game you play, infinite ammo won't save you from a well placed sniper shot. Especially on Legendary, I got head shot plenty of times.

Give Buck or Linda a binary rifle and what I heard is they turn into snipe gods, I say give it a shot and try switching up your team mates weapons. it may help.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still no Mark V? Baaaaaaaaah!!! I like the Shinobi armour! Helmet is okay, can't top the Hayabusa helmet though :P

Do you know if everyone is getting this? Or is it exclusive to people that got the Halo 5: Guardians REQ pack with certain editions?

• Thumbs Up 1

Love the lore behind the SHINOBI armor though, apparently it was just found one day in space and nobody knows where it came from, ONI decided to say fuck it and plop S-4s into them to see what the armor does.

This is pretty cool and something I wish the other Halo games had, for $50 ($80 for a 6 inch model) you can get your personal spartan 3D printed and painted by the wonderful people at Sandboxr. here is the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-B6AK67zTg

(Sorry, Embedding is not working atm.)

Love the lore behind the SHINOBI armor though, apparently it was just found one day in space and nobody knows where it came from, ONI decided to say fuck it and plop S-4s into them to see what the armor does.

This is pretty cool and something I wish the other Halo games had, for $50 ($80 for a 6 inch model) you can get your personal spartan 3D printed and painted by the wonderful people at Sandboxr. here is the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-B6AK67zTg

(Sorry, Embedding is not working atm.)

This is something I've always wished for since Harmonix did it with Rockband a long time back! :D Also did anyone else here get an Xbox Live message for a promotional REQ pack? It's for playing the game before November 7th! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Give Buck or Linda a binary rifle and what I heard is they turn into snipe gods, I say give it a shot and try switching up your team mates weapons. it may help.

I would have loved to know that before I had to beat the campaign on Legendary. Usually when I tell me mates to pick up a weapon, they'll say something like "I'm fine with what I have, Chief." Didn't know I asked them, lol.

Also did anyone else here get an Xbox Live message for a promotional REQ pack? It's for playing the game before November 7th! :D

Right here! c:

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep same I got the Tenshin armor bonus, not only that my Warzone REQ packs came in, 2 new stances and the DMR at last!!

Yep same I got the Tenshin armor bonus, not only that my Warzone REQ packs came in, 2 new stances and the DMR at last!!

I got the DMR yonks ago :P Hate that you can't begin the match with it and some of the other UNSC weapons though D:

I'd say maybe, round the start of next year? I mean surely anybody that really wants to see the story of Halo 5 will have done so before then

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright...now how long until we run through the campaign on Legendary? c;

Whenever you want man :) add "sonicfan01" There's no guaranteed times when I'm on though, as I usually just play whenever. But in British time, I do play at most nights, so say 10pm here, but 5pm in America if I'm right. 

• Thumbs Up 1