Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Wow, no one posted this? it was pretty big last week. the opening for Locke's intro was revealed:

Also couple tidbits from twitter, no map voting in Halo 5 it will be all rotation also theater is still a thing, what 343 plans to do with it is another story.

I can't wait for this. Been playing Halo since 2001 and the series is probably my other love next to Sonic.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the part of the trailer where Locke is threatening Chief to drop everything and come back and Chief's like "Go away scrub i'm busy". doesn't even see locke as a threat haha.

To be honest, would you? Locke and his team just don't look threatening in any way. 

Little baby marines trying to wear big boy spartan shoes! Chief is the old stubborn man that's seen wars and doesn't give a shit :P

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, would you? Locke and his team just don't look threatening in any way. 

If a 7-foot tall armored super-soldier threatened me? Why yes, I would.

If a 7-foot tall armored super-soldier threatened me? Why yes, I would.

S-4's aren't augmented for height though, that stopped with the S-2's. S-3's were given the same drug mixtures as the S-2's (along with some extra stuff that fucks with their emotions) but their heights were the same as a normal adults too. Halsey was wicked psycho when she thought making them all de-clawed wolverines was a good idea, that process killed nearly half of the S-2's.

Spartan 4's are already adults and have reached their max heights if they were given bone enhancing liquid metals it would cause some severe fuck ups at their ages, the [GEN2] armor makes up for the lack of bone enhancements (plus nanomachines...not even joking about that).

• Thumbs Up 1

S-4's aren't augmented for height though, that stopped with the S-2's. S-3's were given the same drug mixtures as the S-2's (along with some extra stuff that fucks with their emotions) but their heights were the same as a normal adults too. Halsey was wicked psycho when she thought making them all de-clawed wolverines was a good idea, that process killed nearly half of the S-2's.

Spartan 4's are already adults and have reached their max heights if they were given bone enhancing liquid metals it would cause some severe fuck ups at their ages, the [GEN2] armor makes up for the lack of bone enhancements (plus nanomachines...not even joking about that).

I really hope the Fall of Reach animated series really goes into detail on the Spartan 2 creation like the book did! Only got like half-way through the book years ago but I enjoyed reading about the early life and the creation of the S2's 

I really hope the Fall of Reach animated series really goes into detail on the Spartan 2 creation like the book did! Only got like half-way through the book years ago but I enjoyed reading about the early life and the creation of the S2's 

From what Frank O'connor said on NeoGAF Its supposed to stay pretty faithful to the book but add some details/exclusions that either bungie or 343 have changed in the years of lore. Also Jorge is supposed to be in this and bits of Halo Reach's story should make a cameo in some way.

Damn I hope they animate First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx 1 day, that was an excellent arc in the books and the Spartan 3 story should be told too.

• Thumbs Up 1

From what Frank O'connor said on NeoGAF Its supposed to stay pretty faithful to the book but add some details/exclusions that either bungie or 343 have changed in the years of lore. Also Jorge is supposed to be in this and bits of Halo Reach's story should make a cameo in some way.

Damn I hope they animate First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx 1 day, that was an excellent arc in the books and the Spartan 3 story should be told too.

That's awesome :D Aw man, I can remember when Reach was announced, I was always hoping Noble Team would run into Chief and a dozen other spartans here and there. Was disappointed that it didnt happen, but I loved the little Masterchief cameo near the end of the game :P

Edited by Scott
bleh

Yeah Bungie didn't like their backstory soo much from the books, sure they had to canonize and acknowledge it but if you ever noticed they never treated it as something worth potential like 343 does.

Back then, Eric Nyland was our unsung hero of the Halo lore. he fought hard to bring us a Master Chief backstory when all Bungie wanted was a blank character that the gamer can fill into. the guy is the sole reason why we have an expanded universe and Halo 5 guardians the way it is today. god I wish he'd come back and do another novel series.

Edited by goku262002
the fuck happened their?...

WELP, first 2 missions of each team has been officially uploaded ~SPOILERS AHEAD~

Can't believe that the big badass leader of the Neo Covenant went down like nothing, RIP Jul M'dama.

Mission 3 has been uploaded, what the hell is IGN and 343 doing by spoiling the first 3 missions like this?!

And now Mission 8 has been uploaded for some reason.

What is this spoil Halo 5 weekend or something?!

Another Locke mission, not as spoiler heavy, Barbiter needs help and doesnt call his bestie?! Jeez chief is gonna be jelly when he finds out.

Also new remixed Mantis theme is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Clans from Halo 2 are back, woo!!

I also like the updates the website is getting (Do I Spot Carters armor their?)

Edited by goku262002

Not yet, the website is very flash and silverlight heavy, it bogs down my PC greatly. so I'll have to get on my tablet and do it, can't wait though.

Ah right, gotcha! There are only a couple of options for each set piece and your stuck with a blue visor, but you can use it to have a wee nosey at the armour that's gonna be available to unlock at launch! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Along with the game being 46GB, there's a Day 1 patch which is 9GB, making the game a total of 55GB (for now, barring future updates).

Along with the game being 46GB, there's a Day 1 patch which is 9GB, making the game a total of 55GB (for now, barring future updates).

Ugh D: That's bullshit!!! gonna need to invest in a hard drive...

Jeez, I take that this is the norm and all for this generation but fuck if 55GBs is a hit on a harddrive like mine that only has 500GBs.

Jeez, I take that this is the norm and all for this generation but fuck if 55GBs is a hit on a harddrive like mine that only has 500GBs.

Same, I had like 28GB left. But yesterday I got paid from my work soI made it a priority to get myself a Hard Drive! I'm not missing out on the launch, I've waited to long to "hunt the truth".

Apparently finishing the fight wasn't enough....or finished