Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

1 hour Left!!!!!

I think jiggly puff sleep move should be on some different move instead of her recovery.

I think B-down would work better.

But B-down is her deadly Rest attack.

It's super effective!

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish Jiggly had kept that powerful punch she had in Melee. I mean, yeah, it's still there, but it's terrible now.

That punch- right B, I think?- was amazing. Hits like a hammer.

Uh, oops, I was talking about Rest. Weren't you guys? :-/

Thinking about it, though, Up-B was Lullaby, wasn't it?

I was trying to pass the time by attempting to finish off my replay of DKC3. I can already see the moveset potential for King K. Rool just by fighting these bosses over again. Unfortunately I'm still having problems getting that last hit on Baron K. Roolenstein's final form... ugh...

My ideas on a K. Rool moveset:

Special Attacks

Up+B: Levitates with Baron K. Roolenstein's Helicopter Backpack

Side+B: Pulls Out Kaptain K. Rool's Cannon and Fire Slides to Deal Damage Behind

B: Throws His Crown

Down+B: Drops a Cannonball if in the Air, Throws Cannonball if on Ground

I was gonna say Simian Slam for Down+B, but I'm not sure about that one. He uses cannonballs in two of his battles and a lot of characters slam the ground for a Down+B.

Another Down+B option is maybe "Play Dead." He falls over on the ground and smashes anyone he hits. Actually I think that'd be better than Cannonballs. :D

For his basic moveset, perhaps he can pull out King Krusha K. Rool's boxing gloves and do some quick punches, maybe even ending with him throwing the boxing gloves. He could also use additional attacks from his boss battles, perhaps one of his attacks can have him put on white gloves that electrically charge (based on Baron K. Roolenstein's battles largely focusing on electricity).

I feel like this Direct would be the best opportunity to show off fan favourites (like K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley etc) while using E3 to try and draw in more "general" audiences who wouldn't have played the game otherwise. Why use your appearance at a high-profile event like E3 to appeal to people who were already following every bit of news about the game to start with?

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, oops, I was talking about Rest. Weren't you guys? :-/

Thinking about it, though, Up-B was Lullaby, wasn't it?

Yeah, Up-B was Lullaby. It doesn't last long enough to be of any use at all. Opponents often wake up before the singing's even over. 

Rest doesn't need to be a killswitch move, let alone a shitty one.

IT could easily be modified into a mario spin-esque attack.

Wow 39 minutes, that's even better. What could they possibly show in 39 minutes? I guess we'll find out in half an hour.

I really don't think they'd show of K. Rool here, but it'd be awesome. I'm just thinking about K. Rool right now because I'm playing through the original trilogy.

Wow 39 minutes, that's even better. What could they possibly show in 39 minutes? I guess we'll find out in half an hour.

39 minutes? Where are you getting that information from?

39 minutes? Where are you getting that information from?

"Approx 39 minutes"

Wowzers, that makes it one of the longest Nintendo Directs to date! And for it to be solely focused on one game?

Yep, we got megatons comin' our way, people! :D

All aboard the hype train!!! 30 minutes to go! ~

Lets make a bet for bragging rights. xD Do you think they'll show just one Newcomer or more?

I expect one, and more veterans, but still I'm stoked!.

I'll be uploading the whole thing for those who get a very laggy stream. (That's if everything runs smooth for me :P)

And naturally my Internet is acting up right now. I might not even be able to watch it. tongue.png

EDIT: I expect two newcomers and about 5 new returning, although I could be wrong.

Wow! Wasn't expecting 39 minutes, but as they're showcasing two platforms, it makes sense. Hopefully we see lots of game modes for both versions in that time. 

Hmm. Well I have my bingo card ready for this direct.

*crosses fingers for Ganondorf and Wario*

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the countdown, it appears they're going to start a minute and a half early.

The new stream they've added is already showing improvements. It's about 15 seconds ahead of the Ustream one lol!

3DS version is coming out this Summer

Wii U version is coming out this Winter

>playing Melee music

>crying

• Thumbs Up 1