Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

I don't think they're going to have this Direct and just skip out on showing off new characters. But I definitely think they'll be focusing on general gameplay and game modes and everything, too. Maybe they'll save new character reveals for towards the end of the Direct.

• Thumbs Up 1

My guesses as to what's gonna happen, in order:

-Show off the customization/data porting features between the Wii U and 3DS, first by showing off how to make a Villager similar to one you made in New Leaf or City Folk, and importing the model to the Wii U for use. 

-Show how the Wii U or 3DS can use customization features by themselves, and reveal Yoshi as a shining example of this, by showing him and the 5 additional alt. colors that he can be between the last three games, and then show off Yoshis of random color assortments that can be made from a color palette given to the player in the Options.

-Details on the 1-player mode

-A mode on the 3DS that takes advantage of Streetpass, i.e. a type of Gauntlet-like mode where you pick a character and fight the game's version of Multi-Man Melee, but against the characters designated as the favorite characters of your 3DS friends and the favorite characters of those you meet via Streetpass.

-Event Mode is shown, as well as a the Unlockables/Achievements screen.

-Finally get into gameplay, a 4 person FFA, using 4 veterans whose movesets have been altered the most.

-Wrap the Direct up with a small trailer that reveals the release date at the end.

-CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

-"Ridley makes his big entrance!"/"Isaac appeared!"/"Palutena's sorry she kept you waiting!"/"Mii would like to play!"/etc.

The End.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm with wolfy on this one, I would kind of rather they slow down on the reveals for a bit and just do more info on the gameplay (though I'm pretty sure we're going to get at least one) also here's my sudo wishlist:

-Info/gameplay on how fast the games gameplay is, we already know its going to be faster than brawl but I wanna know how fast though and if characters actually have some weight to them.

-Custom robo character reveal (not likely to happen but it is my wish).

-Maybe some info on the music selection this time around, I really hope we get as many remixes as we got with brawl (especially more along the lines of the sexy shin onigashima remix).

-Some info on the 1p modes that are in the game and if they're going to be any different from the ones in the previous games (possible return of the board the platforms minigame please).

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't need to see much about gameplay and mechanics. I know how Smash plays. I'm someone who didn't realize there was much of a difference between Melee and Brawl, so I'm happy either way. So for me, I want to see characters, stages, items and music.

• Thumbs Up 8

The characters are the most popular element of Smash Bros., so I'd say that at least one returning character and at least one newcomer are guaranteed, with a moderately okay chance of more.  If the Palutena leak was genuine, I think there's a good chance of her showing up today, since she's already in a sense "out there."

Given that there's to be a whole Direct based around the game, though, I would expect to hear about a wide range of the game's features.  Whatever form of Adventure Mode is in the game seems to me almost a dead cert for introduction, since it's been hinted at and is much-speculated about.  Maybe Sakurai can actually convince me to get the game, though I doubt it, personally.  Other than that: Since this is the day on which they will be hyping Smash Bros. like none other, there will almost certainly be a release date or at the very least a release month.  If there are any significant version differences, they'll be previewed.  This should be the event where we get a real sense of the identity of these games as a whole.

Obligatory wild card prediction: Smash Bros. 6 is a SSE-style story-based spin-off for 2015 intended to complement the fighting game versions (Wii U 4, 3DS 5).  It won't happen, but neither will most else that's been predicted in this thread, so it's par for the course.

Edit: Release window confirmed, but no release date.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/08/super-smash-bros-direct-wont-reveal-release-date-release-window/

Can't wait to hear about the new 1P mode, I would really like it to be short but with branching paths or different things for each character. I'd also love, after the game is released, a DLC pack with Proto Man and Tails, though we don't even know if DLC in general is happening.

Do we even know how long the direct will be?

Word has it that its 30 whopping minutes long, however I do admit I have been unable to find a source for that

I think most Nintendo Directs are about thirty minutes long, aren't they?  It seems like a reasonable assumption, especially given the hype for this one.

6:00 PM; right when I have a CWR recording session too. AH well, no biggie, I'm sure the direct will get recorded and well documented here anyway.

You know what will be the best part of this Direct? If they reveal Wario, we can now take in his beautiful new jiggle physics.

Less than 3 hours to go!

If all goes to plan and Sakurai drops the megatons, I fully intend on pulling this face for the entirety of the Direct:

BktFsrsCIAAy9Lo.jpg

Eh, I might tune in. smile.png

How long is the direct?

Some people are speculating 30 minutes, but it could be anywhere from between about 20-40 minutes based on previous Nintendo Directs.

You know what would be great? They show online won't lag this time by having Sakurai, Iwata, Reggie and Shibata duke it out from their respective offices. 

You know what would be great? They show online won't lag this time by having Sakurai, Iwata, Reggie and Shibata duke it out from their respective offices. 

The irony being that the stream will probably be so laggy and broken that you won't be able to tell the difference anyway :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

I could get behind this, especially since online would probably be my only way of having any multiplayer matches in this game.

Some people are speculating 30 minutes, but it could be anywhere from between about 20-40 minutes based on previous Nintendo Directs.

I'll never forgive you if it's 19 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

What time will this be on in the Eastern time zone?

It's on in exactly 2 hours 25 minutes from right now, so whatever that equates to.

I'll never forgive you if it's 19 minutes.

I PROMISE NOTHING!

• Thumbs Up 1