Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

I love how Sakurai was trolling us throughout the entire Direct. Especially the Palutena trophy.

God, I could kiss this man.

• Thumbs Up 7

I thought it was Mewtwo at first. 

But it was better

fucking ridley 

where the fuck is master hand i want to see that laughing bastard

Jet boot ZSS, Mega Lucario, Megamen Final Smash, and Greninja. Good shit. e: also moveset customization.

Still laughin' at actual no items Final Destination mode tho'.

• Thumbs Up 1

That unusual problem when you don't know who you're going to main because there's too many good looking newcomers.

Holy hell! that cgi trailer was badass, but I didn't get it Charizard as a solo with MegaEvo but Greninja too?! holy cow! I thought it was another pokemon team, but if they're separate I guess were done with Pokémon reveals. Charizard...eh ... kinda shouldn't been solo. But still we got Yoshi, New ZSS, Shiek, bunch of new stuff. It's truly fangasm.

Mewtwo is an interesting character but from what I heard he wasn't all that interesting as a playable.

But damn, I'm disappointed. I've NEVER been interested in Pokemon and I was really hoping for an unused IP to be announced as a new playable character, like Isaac or Sami. Ugh.

• Thumbs Up 3

So again.

What's the reason for not having that dungeon thing in the Wii U version?

And can't wait to see all those unjust bans when that ban system is implemented.

That Mega Charizard was amazing! 

and I may not know who Greninja is, but he looks like a lot of fun!

Overall, I found this amazing for me. I actually want the Wii U version a lot now.(Still want to get a PS4 first for KH3, but still.) The 3DS version is my main priority, and it looks great. I'm not missing out on anything from the looks of it. 

Question, is Flat Mode Wii U exclusive? probably. 

Megaman's Final Smash, along with many I saw, just exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to try them all out.

Overall, this definitely surprised me bunches. Custom skis(although no mention of female Villager), 3DS-Wii U connectivity in some way, Better online experiences, AGH I CAN'T WAIT!

Oh and Sakurai is such a troll with Palutena lol. Can't wait for the upcoming character reveals!

RIP Red, Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Damn maybe as DLC I hope. PKMN Trainer was one of my favorite Brawl newcomers

Glad to see Yoshi, Shiek and Charizard back. Haven't played X or Y, so don't care for Greninja. Wish we could have seen a newcomer for another series other than Pokémon, though. 

Anyway, I enjoyed the Direct. Happy with the game modes shown and the balancing of returning characters. Also glad to see online improved. 

Where's the grass type Sakurai? I demand equality in the representation of starter Pokemon in my Smash Bros. games. Just you wait for the protest.

+ New modes

+ Extensive gameplay footage and the game looks fantastic

+/- Not a whole lot of new information

- Still no solid release date.. Brawls launch suffered multiple delays

- Needed more time to quickly go through all the announced characters changes

Happy to see Dark Samus again. Wasn't a snowball's chance in hell she'd actually be playable, so Assist Trophy's good enough for me.

I also like that their solution to whether or not Zero Suit Samus would have those Other M heels was to just give her Chell's boots from Portal. Except rocket-powered.

Greninja and Charizard are cool, but it's a pity Pokemon Trainer ain't a thing anymore. The only thing that actually kind of disappointed me is that we didn't get to see Sonic's Assist Trophy or any Sonic series enemies in that gottagofast 3DS mode.

I don't know were to start. This whole direct was just purely good!!!!

And that CGI trailer was just amazing that bit with Mario and charizard. Love it

So again.

What's the reason for not having that dungeon thing in the Wii U version?

And can't wait to see all those unjust bans when that ban system is implemented.

Because the Wii U has a new Adventure Mode the 3DS doesn't have.

Well, we don't know that yet, but I can bet that's probably the case.

The Greninja hype my boner reaching new heights.

Also, city trial mode is love. Its like they want people to just buy the 3DS version only.

Charizard just keep going up the ladder, doesn't he?

Pokeball Pokemon in 64 and Melee, partial character in Brawl, going solo in Smash 4.

Super Smash Bros. 5: Charizard, featuring these other guys.

Sonic's Back Air is wicked fast now and his Dair is a spike. All is right with the world.

Am I the only one who isn't orgasming at Greninja right now

I got over Rosalina after looking at all the crazy shit she does but

Fucking

Greninja

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha holy shit Smashboards is down

Looks like Ridley's fanbase is too big for Smashboards

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, now I'm even more hyped for this game, especially with the last two reveals. I'm bummed that Smash Run won't be in the Wii U version, but I'm willing to bet that it'll get something like it, anyway. smile.png