Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

I swear, if this game turns out to be another local only game, I will rage. 

Then still buy the game anyway... I'll be disappointed, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear, if this game turns out to be another local only game I will rage. 

Don't worry, they'll have online for Smash. No doubt about it. Whether or not it's any good though remains to be seen.

I swear, if this game turns out to be another local only game, I will rage. 

Seeing as how the previous smash had online, and with the Wii U having much better online, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it won't be local only.

That's good. After them not including online in Super Mario 3D World and the way it was tacked on in Brawl, I wouldn't have put it past them to not include it here. I wanna have some SSMB Smash battles and with no lag. 

The irony being that the stream will probably be so laggy and broken that you won't be able to tell the difference anyway laugh.png

There are some advantages to missing the stream and watching the recorded version later, after all!

From what I hear, Kid Icarus' online worked really well and with Namco helping out, I'm sure it will be much better than Brawl's.

From what I hear, Kid Icarus' online worked really well and with Namco helping out, I'm sure it will be much better than Brawl's.

That's true actually, from the few matches of Kid Icarus Uprising I played online, that was a pretty seamless experience. A big improvement over Brawl, at any rate.

I bet they still won't support headsets, though :(

I bet they still won't support headsets, though sad.png

For voice chat? Wouldn't bet on it. If only there was some way they could connect the communication tools from Wii U Chat to the game's online mode, they might be able to get around it that way, but I honestly doubt they'll bother.

That's true actually, from the few matches of Kid Icarus Uprising I played online, that was a pretty seamless experience. A big improvement over Brawl, at any rate.

Yeah, the only problem with uprisings online was that the models sometimes lagged when moving but unless you were using staffs, it wasn't much of a problem.

Jigglypuff better be announced or there will be hell to pay! >:-U

Seriously, though, Jigglypuff is one of my mains tongue.png

Stop looking at me like that D:

In a way it'd be nice if they reveal all of the remaining original veterans (Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness, Yoshi) at the same time... perhaps even in the same trailer... which could be the intro movie for a newcomer... have a fresh face taking on the golden oldies!

And now I'm just setting myself up for disappointment by coming up with such wild and crazy ideas :P

A newcomer and at least one veteran would be nice though, in all seriousness.

Jigglypuff better be announced or there will be hell to pay! >:-U

Seriously, though, Jigglypuff is one of my mains tongue.png

Stop looking at me like that D:

Its only recently that I figured out just how good that cotton swab with feet is, she's not my main but I can definitely see why they've been keeping here for so long.

Man, I wish my internet wasn't shit, so I could watch this =( I'm going to have to get my info from your posts, so don't go too crazy guys xP

On the topic of veterans, here's hoping for Mr. Game & Watch. One of my favorite characters in Smash Bros. Really fun to play as. I'm fairly sure he's in, but I want confirmation.

An hour and a half left!!! Oooo, excitement is flowing through my body.

Hey isn't jiggly puff a fairy type now? What kind of stuff can she do.

They've changed some of the other veterans moves, so it would be interesting if Jigglypuff has changed in any way. 

I hope Sleep is stronger again. I think it was weaker in Brawl, wasn't it?

By the way, in the opposite of Ridley chance that Ridley gets in, his trailer should also reveal Jigglypuff kicking his ass since Fairy types beat Dragon types. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish they'd get rid of sleep altogether.

It has such an anally small and short-lived hitbox that it's basically just a free hit for your opponent if you miss.

The UK stream is now open for business: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

They're using UStream as per the norm, but there's also an alternative option listed underneath now too, which I think is a first for a Nintendo Direct. Clearly they want us to be able to see whatever's being revealed in this one!

• Thumbs Up 1

ONLY ONE HOUR LEFT!

Seriously can't contain my excitement right now. Hope it's a long Direct, half an hour at most.

Nintendo's offering another streaming option? You mean... Nintendo's LEARNING? Are they feeling ok? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour Left!!!!!

I think jiggly puff sleep move should be on some different move instead of her recovery.

I think B-down would work better.