Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

Awesome, the best Kalos starter is playable. Totally unexpected. Not sure I'm happy that Charizard is his own character, though.

Smash run looks super fun. I'm excited for the 3ds version. So I'm really okay with this. Still Wii u is still far.

13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif

fniwnfjwwknfuijweklenfi2jqKALFNC2 qwJAdn2 qASJKGMN2F

This and 3DS version coming out in the SUMMER got me so hyped.

Holy crap that final smash is so awesome. Now Megaman has got my attention (Oh, hi there Geo. and X)

Awesome, the best Kalos starter is playable. Totally unexpected. Not sure I'm happy that Charizard is his own character, though.

It kind of shows that either a pokemon trainer character will have kalos pokemon or there won't even be one.

For the first time in a long time, I'm very excited to be the owner of a Wii U.

so am I :D

Anyone marked out for this scene? I mean really...this is like Triple Finish from Brawl...but x10000000000000000000000000000 better.

D0l9JHd.png

• Thumbs Up 7

So there is no hope for Mewtwo after all?

Gotta love that Mega Men Final smash, and Elec Man (didn't see that coming)!

Am I the only one who isn't orgasming at Greninja right now

I got over Rosalina after looking at all the crazy shit she does but

Fucking

Greninja

I think Geninja is a really, really excellent choice. Based on moveset alone there's loads of options for him (I think I even saw him use substitute?), and he's got an awesome design to boot. He's a bloody ninja frog! I think best of all though is that he was totally unexpected. He was already the most popular starter in XY for loads of reasons, but I don't think the idea of him appearing in Smash crossed anyone's mind, least of all as a playable character.

I'm happier with him that I would have been with Mewtwo.

• Thumbs Up 5

Happy to finally see Yoshi and that he hasn't had an overhaul (what was all that standing up straight stuff about, he did that in Brawl!).

Final Destination having a skin for every stage is brilliant and something I always hoped they'd do but I always thought "nah that's too nerdy an idea".

Glad 3DS is at least getting two music choices for each stage.

Zero Suit Samus looks fucking hot and a half there it's out my system.

Smash Run doesn't actually interest me all that much, like City Trial I can see it being unsatisfying to have this long build-up to a very short finale.  On the bright-side I was worried for a second only 3DS would have some form of Single Player platforming mode so here's hope for that.

Not being a Pokémon fan, Greninja surprised me but I am also apathetic about it. It's interesting to see he's so popular though, I had no idea!

Can't think of much else that left an impression in particular, pretty much all the montage moments were chock full of new things that made me smile and it was great to see all the previously unveiled stuff in more detail.

The main thing about this direct is it showed a ton of great footage and explained a lot of character changes, plus it went in deeper with details on new characters. I still hate that the only new character is another character from an existing IP.

Did not surprise we got several returning character announcements at all, though. In fact, that's four returning and one new, very close to my estimate of five returning and two new.

I'm hoping Sakurai is going to announce something for the Wii U version. It made me feel like the 3DS version has more unique features. But eh.. It's smash bros. Give me the characters (And stages) and I'm ready to play.

13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif

And in that moment in time, Nintendo manages to do, in 5 seconds, what people have expected Capcom to do for 10 years.

*Puts Megaman under the list of franchises Nintendo should handle if X company that owns franchise goes bankrupt*

Ughh Greninja what.

I don't like the idea of just random Pokemon going up against Nintendo's finest, it just feels off? Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Mewtwo and Lucario are all kinda justified as being series mascots but just a random Charizard and Lucario? Wuhhhh

Everything else is <3 though. Ridley is still playable, believe.

Also a rumour about playable Palutena, Shulk, Mii, Pac-Man and the Choir chorus guys from Rhythm Heaven being in the game was basically confirmed by Greninja's reveal.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, did anyone else fall in love with the remixes?ohmy.png

Ooooh, they were great (Raised hand)

Pros:
Everything, really

Cons:
Ridley deconfirmed (gdi)

Mewtwo deconfirmed (greninja is still cool but COMEON)

massive gap between 3DS and U release (ugh)

Hopes:

Wii U mode has a good enough secondary mode to compensate for God-Mode Bros: Air Ride
Ness and Cpt. Falcon get their 15 seconds of fame / return

Lots of more other characters from new IPs

Goooood stream, but man. 

Ughh Greninja what.

I don't like the idea of just random Pokemon going up against Nintendo's finest, it just feels off? Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Mewtwo and Lucario are all kinda justified as being series mascots but just a random Charizard and Lucario? Wuhhhh

Everything else is <3 though. Ridley is still playable, believe.

Also a rumour about playable Palutena, Shulk, Mii, Pac-Man and the Choir chorus guys from Rhythm Heaven being in the game was basically confirmed by Greninja's reveal.

Only Pikachu is the mascot :V

I'm hoping Sakurai is going to announce something for the Wii U version. It made me feel like the 3DS version has more unique features. But eh.. It's smash bros. Give me the characters (And stages) and I'm ready to play.

They're going to hold off on revealing too much for the Wii U version, since they've still got another half of a year to hype that version up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I do have to say I'm kind of mad about the Wii U version coming out so much later. They better make up for it.

• Thumbs Up 1