Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I imagine he's only doing all this because he wants attention and he has nothing going for him at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I imagine he's only doing all this because he wants attention and he has nothing going for him at the moment.

Never forget.

IMG_1302.png

He has claimed to be the savior of the series.

I think he's dead serious on this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

50 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Never forget.

IMG_1302.png

He has claimed to be the savior of the series.

I think he's dead serious on this stuff.

Savior of this series?  The series was doing just fine before he came along.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

At this point, I'm honestly wondering if his most die-hard fans are really just trolls who enjoy the cyclical show we get from his ego trips.

I think some of them just side with Penders because they really dislike Flynn. 

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Savior of this series?  The series was doing just fine before he came along.

Hey now, later on in his time on the book was the era games like Shadow the Hedgehog were coming out. I'm sure the comics he was writing at the time were so much better than the big profile Sonic stuff at the time--oh wait never mind, the last like year or two was legitimately some of the worst of his output. Hmmm, interesting.

Honestly, with him now trying to spin the movie and such as it being possible he could make a deal and use the real Knuckles--I assume that's what he's getting at now, at least--I have to wonder if that's the reason LSC hasn't had any progress. He's been simply biding his time to use the real Knuckles instead of...K'nux or whatever it was. This is obviously ridiculous and yet considering how confusing his logic is sometimes I'm seriously considering it. LSC volume 1 is coming out later this year after SEGA and Ken become BFFs next week, mark my words!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

5 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

People have got to be messing with him now.

I'm starting to think that people are just playing around with him and want him to act so that they can see him crash and burn with Paramount.  And by the way, Sonic climbing up the tornado is nothing new as that happened ALL THE TIME in the games!

• Absolutely 5

2 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

He's running out of options now, and the best he's come up with is to threaten legal action or try to goad Sega into suing him first, somehow hoping that will get him what he wants.

I've been thinking this too, since the NFT thing. It really feels like he's been trying to push Sega into starting legal action, he's been getting bolder and bolder about infringing on their copyrights, but hasn't been bold enough yet to actually RELEASE anything, it's all just announcements. But if that is his plan, I have no idea what the goal is. Does he think if Sega makes the first move, a judge will finally allow him to bring a counter-suit for Chronicles?

9 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

There's much better ways for him to get attention. He could buy a load of PS3s, for example.

Well, if he does sue Viacom, which seems likely, I can say, "He's not going to get away with this".

If he wins the case, I'll say, "No way! I can't believe this!".

But if Viacom does win against Penders, I can see them say before giving the critical blow in court, "Get a load of this!".

But seriously, Penders is just wasting his time here. It's almost like he has nothing better to do, which seems to be the case.

• Promotion 6

6 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Even if they were messing with Ken, this just shows the levels of absolute delusion he’s on. This is being used like “this is a neat comparsion, I should be cut a check!” Except he seems to have forgotten the thing that he loves to *constantly* complain about - the fact that every time they had a tie-in issue to do, they had to wait until SEGA provided them the materials to do so - which he claims to be the final straw for him leaving, by the way.

Now, let’s just ignore the fact that Sonic 2 came out long before this issue, let’s ignore the fact this was obviously ripped from Sonic 3’s intro sequence since this issue is an adaption of that game. He is *still* lying out of his teeth because by his own admission, SEGA have always had a hand in these adaptions because they provide the writers with a general idea of what’s to come, along with usually the intro of the game iirc. In short, Penders himself knows this is complete crap because they would’ve likely at least been given footage of the intro of Sonic 3 to recreate by SEGA.

Even if this is trolling, the fact Penders is still so utterly full of himself to buy into something he has clearly stated in the past how these adaptions played out in the creative process just shows how pathetic this is now.

• Thumbs Up 6

At this stage, it really is all just a game show of how low this man can go.

I don't think Penders is claiming he came up with the image of Sonic and Tails on the Tornado here. I think he's just appreciating the similarity. He tweeted that same page of his a while back as proof that he did use things from the games, so he's aware that's where that comes from.

22 minutes ago, SkullPirateMike said:

I don't think Penders is claiming he came up with the image of Sonic and Tails on the Tornado here. I think he's just appreciating the similarity. He tweeted that same page of his a while back as proof that he did use things from the games, so he's aware that's where that comes from.

If that was the intention, he should've said "that's a neat comparison, however, that was an originally a game element". Quoting a tweet that's literally saying that Penders should be cut a check, and saying "that's a neat comparison" automatically gives it the context that he's agreeing that it's a good comparison piece between each other, that he agrees with.

• Thumbs Up 5

The man is delusional if he thinks he'll win anything by suing Paramount/Viacom.  There's literally nothing to base his accusations on.  If anything, it's just attention grabbing on his part.  I mean, it's a good laugh(like the time Midnight's Edge decided to give Ken his five minutes by interviewing him) but pointless overall.  If anything, the man should focus on his projects and leave well enough alone.  But this is Ken we're talking about...he'd rather spend time on Twitter complaining about other things than focus on what's important.

This man is slowly losing whatever is left of his sanity, because holy shit. I just want him to sue already so he can inevitably lose and go away.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have no idea what he's even trying to get at here.

The minute they took him to court their relationship was on the decline and by the end of it, it was stone dead.
Also, uh... yeah if you work on a fairly popular comic for over a decade your leaving will give you a couple of headlines. It's not that big a deal my guy.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/11/2022 at 4:03 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

Looked at the following replies to the tweet he linked there….When said it came from the games, they said “there’s no narrative story in the video game.” Idk what to think.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Zadent said:

Looked at the following replies to the tweet he linked there….When said it came from the games, they said “there’s no narrative story in the video game.” Idk what to think.

Its fucking hilarious to me he claims that so often when the third game is easily the most story driven of the entire Genesis trilogy. 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

"Industry headlines". He had to dig so deep to find this that the only place it turned up was a post on a long-dormant forum on a long-dead website. I tried to check the site's Twitter account to see when it last posted, but the account is suspended.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, SkullPirateMike said:

"Industry headlines". He had to dig so deep to find this that the only place it turned up was a post on a long-dormant forum on a long-dead website. I tried to check the site's Twitter account to see when it last posted, but the account is suspended.

That must be a problem for the article if the site doesn't even have a social media account to link to. Or it's probably because the site is dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Zonic 2099 said:

The minute they took him to court their relationship was on the decline and by the end of it, it was stone dead.
Also, uh... yeah if you work on a fairly popular comic for over a decade your leaving will give you a couple of headlines. It's not that big a deal my guy.

He's simultaneously trying to 'prove' that he isn't an asshole and that at the same time he is/was a Big Deal in the comics industry. Even discounting the lawsuit crap his point is somewhat undermined by his whining about Pellerito after leaving Archie and the fact he tends to be less than honest about himself and his career just in general. As shown by this tweet. 

• Thumbs Up 5