Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

And its ugly as sin yet again.

Oh, and he's apparently still on the NFT train, despite their waning power and reputation as it were.

It's funny how it's his supporters who are apparently the only ones who won't fight someone on the internet.

I'm not even saying everyone on either side of anything on the internet will speak up on things. Goodness knows I don't speak up on this or that, but part of that is because there are already many out there who already do.

In Ken's case, maybe he should rename some of his characters in honor of his many apparent (alleged?) supporters: the Quiet Legion.

1 hour ago, King Scoopa Koopa said:

It's funny how it's his supporters who are apparently the only ones who won't fight someone on the internet.

I'm not even saying everyone on either side of anything on the internet will speak up on things. Goodness knows I don't speak up on this or that, but part of that is because there are already many out there who already do.

In Ken's case, maybe he should rename some of his characters in honor of his many apparent (alleged?) supporters: the Quiet Legion.

Yeah, I don't really hear his supporters actually come to his defense at times...

18 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, I don't really hear his supporters actually come to his defense at times...

It's kind of hard to hear people if they aren't there or don't exist.

Not saying that there aren't some, there are. But, there definitely aren't nearly as many as Ken would love for you to think he has.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Mega said:

Has anyone told Spaz about this? He might be able to do something about it.

I don't think this is against the law any more than a rando with no connection to the comic re-selling them on eBay is. Other artists do similar things, too. 

50 minutes ago, Razule said:

I don't think this is against the law any more than a rando with no connection to the comic re-selling them on eBay is. Other artists do similar things, too. 

No, it is against the law. Ignoring the fact that Ken selling artwork of Knuckles is technically against the law anyway (I've had a cease and desist from Sega for selling a print of my own fully original artwork of Sonic before) in this case a decent chunk of Ken's new print isn't even his work. It's Spaziante art that Ken has just drawn a new Knuckles on top of.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

I'm, uh...sure that Patrick Spaziante wouldn't appreciate having his old cover completely drawn over with Penders' Knuckles with shoddy lighting and bad Photoshoped effects. Or remove the fricking Sonic graphic.

But hey, anything to promote his totally-not-Sonic comic right?

Promote nothing- this is purely about trying to get some quick, easy cash off of people who don't know any better given that Sonic 2 gets released the same week as this con he's been attending. It's just such a hilariously cynical, obvious attempt at trying to ride the new film's coattails given that Knuckles is in the spotlight again. 

6 hours ago, SkullPirateMike said:

No, it is against the law. Ignoring the fact that Ken selling artwork of Knuckles is technically against the law anyway (I've had a cease and desist from Sega for selling a print of my own fully original artwork of Sonic before) in this case a decent chunk of Ken's new print isn't even his work. It's Spaziante art that Ken has just drawn a new Knuckles on top of.

Given how much of that is drawn over by the Knuckles image and the flames, it makes me wonder why he even bothered to make it a part of the Spaz cover to begin with. It just feels like a weird, skeevy thing to do. Which is par the course for Penders, mind you, but even for him this is just weird. 

5 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Dunno if that alleged level of involvement makes it ok.

It's not the first time Penders' has pulled this sort of thing. Way back he justified selling the painting for Brave New World claiming he was responsible for the layouts and thus deserved to profit for it, despite the fact that it's really more Spaziante's work than his. Same as this cover. He really, legitimately seems to think his layouts are of equal or even greater importance than the guy who actually did all the heavy lifting. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Maybe with this, he can get things moving faster...maybe?

EDIT: Yeah, still can't get the tweet itself to appear. I am trying every possible option, and it just shows the link. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1512197186422902789?s=20&t=YE7ywmidYsTQp5Db6D4Eqg

I'm pretty sure that he could literally have art assistants doing all the work for him, along with an entire script given to him based directly on his thoughts, and a way to speed up time so he goes faster, and he'd STILL somehow be late and never finish it.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 3

It's been, what, close to a decade? At this point even if he ever does finish the first book, there's almost no chance of a second.

Even if he does release it, it's not going to be to the great success he's banking on. The guy has like three very dedicated fans who reply to every tweet he makes, and they represent probably at least 60% of his market. There'll be plenty of people hate-reading it, but they're unlikely to pay money to do it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Penders is not going to go after Paramount beyond maybe making some very stupid twitter posts. For a start, he couldn't even pull a win out against SEGA/EA for a case where he had more of a standing on (not much - but more than this instance) - and Paramount is a gigantic film studio. Not only is it beyond obvious that

Spoiler

Knuckles' father/the unnamed echidna general

in this movie has nothing to do with

Spoiler

Locke/Enerjak

, but if he even tried to do so - Paramount's legal team would chew and spit him out within days. 

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Penders is not going to go after Paramount beyond maybe making some very stupid twitter posts. For a start, he couldn't even pull a win out against SEGA/EA for a case where he had more of a standing on (not much - but more than this instance) - and Paramount is a gigantic film studio. Not only is it beyond obvious that

Hide contents

Knuckles' father/the unnamed echidna general

in this movie has nothing to do with

Hide contents

Locke/Enerjak

, but if he even tried to do so - Paramount's legal team would chew and spit him out within days. 

That just makes me all the more, want to  see him try, crash, and burn in a spectacular blaze.

• Thumbs Up 9

7 minutes ago, Mobius_Historian said:

Everyone said the same thing about nothing happening when the Archie suit happened, and we not only lost the Archie characters, we lost the archie comic, as well.

And just when we got an interesting version of Knucles and his backstory/ties to the emeralds, now it's going to be snatched away. Paramount will probably cut the two scenes from the film, rather than fight this. :(

But the difference is that Penders worked with Archie Comics and therefore, he would have a say in how the characters he created goes.  However, to my knowledge, he doesn't work with Paramount, which means that Paramount is free to do whatever they want with the characters, even giving Knuckles a father if they want to.  As long as Knuckles' father is not named Locke, then Paramount can get away with it, even if Penders does complain about it.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

19 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

But the difference is that Penders worked with Archie Comics and therefore, he would have a say in how the characters he created goes.  However, to my knowledge, he doesn't work with Paramount, which means that Paramount is free to do whatever they want with the characters, even giving Knuckles a father if they want to.  As long as Knuckles' father is not named Locke, then Paramount can get away with it, even if Penders does complain about it.

Plus the thing about the previous suits was that Archie was pretty incompetent in the trial and lost contracts and despite some business decisions I think a big movie studio would have a better idea to combat a frivolous lawsuit

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Leebo4 said:

Plus the thing about the previous suits was that Archie was pretty incompetent in the trial and lost contracts and despite some business decisions I think a big movie studio would have a better idea to combat a frivolous lawsuit

So is there a reason why he is inviting unnecessarily harassment and death threats (Which I do not encourage in any capacity) to do so? 

5 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

So is there a reason why he is inviting unnecessarily harassment and death threats (Which I do not encourage in any capacity) to do so? 

He's making death threats?

3 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

He's making death threats?

No!! I'm saying he is making himself an open target to that sort of stuff! (Apologies if I wasn't clear.)

Edited by Zoomzeta

1 minute ago, Zoomzeta said:

No!! I'm saying he is making himself an open target to that sort of stuff! (Apologies if I wasn't clear.)

Oh! I was about to say that Penders is now going off the deep end?  But yeah, I have a feeling that the movie audience isn't going to have that and would probably do so much to Penders if he even tried to sue Paramount with the Sonic movie.

19 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say, so I'll just say it's probably because he's something that rhymes with "glass pole."

That, and I think he's just made a hobby of it at this point.