Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

16 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

You think that's bad? Here's him trying to justify it.

Then why would he bring up his comic in the first place?  If there's a tragedy going on in the world, I would never attach my work to such a tragedy. It would feel like I'm taking advantage of a horrible situation and that's not right.

It could just be him saying what his own "personal connection" to it is, but he didn't have to directly refer to the comic in all caps as if he's promoting it. Just say "I work with people" or "I know people".

• Thumbs Up 7

I tried to break it down as to how it comes across when you read it:

"I take what's happening in Ukraine personally as I have people working on translations for THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES..." - Comic

"...along with their families potentially facing serious danger if not collateral damage due to their proximity to the war zone." - Civilians.

The use of caps for TLSC makes it of importance regardless of how we know he usually does it when he refers to the comic, and that it is used before the actual topic at hand being the war in Ukraine and its many casualties. 

I was blocked before I could explain further.

The amount of attention his tweet received speaks volumes.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/25/2022 at 1:24 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

Of all the ways to talk about current events it just had to be about him/the comic first.

THE TRANSLATION PLANS FOR MY ECHIDNA OC BOOK ARE IN DANGER WHAT AM I GONNA DO also there’s something going on in ukraine apparently

It seems Ken has now decided the rate to be an embarrassing tool is "once a day". At least we're safely being reassured all press is not good press.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Piko said:

THE TRANSLATION PLANS FOR MY ECHIDNA OC BOOK ARE IN DANGER WHAT AM I GONNA DO also there’s something going on in ukraine apparently

I hate to defend Penders but that's not what he's saying. It's more along the lines of "This war is closer to me than ones in the past because I've been working with people in Unkraine who are now being endangered by this." He's stilll trying to get the attention on him and his book but he's not actually making the problem about himself.

15 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I hate to defend Penders but that's not what he's saying. It's more along the lines of "This war is closer to me than ones in the past because I've been working with people in Unkraine who are now being endangered by this." He's stilll trying to get the attention on him and his book but he's not actually making the problem about himself.

I think that Penders should have said "My colleagues are affected by the crisis in Ukraine" instead of mentioning his work at all.  I can see why a lot of people are upset by his comments.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Absolutely 1

On 2/26/2022 at 3:38 PM, CertifiedNobody said:

He could have phrased it way, WAY better though. Something like "I'm very concerned by the crisis in Ukraine because I have colleagues who live there and are potentially in danger." Even if he didn't intend to make it about himself, it's not hard to interpret his comments that way.

• Thumbs Up 9

• 2 weeks later...

And it CONTINUES:

Ken, now really is not the time. Read the room already.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

And it CONTINUES:

Ken, now really is not the time. Read the room already.

All this ego stroking for a comic that’ll never come out. Sad.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ken's the kind of guy who will magically tie EVERYTHING current to his work to make it seem profound...even if that work is far away from ever releasing...or if it ever will release for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 6

It seems like at this point, this book will never be released...

I'm not even going to fault him for drawing parallels. What I am going to fault him for is doing it as it's happening, rather than in a foreword or something else after the fact.

• Thumbs Up 7

I can't help but laugh at how stupid this statement is. He's just describing every major world event that ever happened.

This would be like me saying "Star Wars Episode 3 is like the Black Plague, because General Grievous also really had a bad cough."

• Thumbs Up 6

Me: "wow, it's been awhile since I've been in this thread, wonder what's-"

Me: "Ah. Penders still being...Penders. and this project still exists."

I mean. I guess I shouldn't have expected much, but...ugh. 

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, TheNerdyKMT said:

Me: "wow, it's been awhile since I've been in this thread, wonder what's-"

Me: "Ah. Penders still being...Penders. and this project still exists."

I mean. I guess I shouldn't have expected much, but...ugh. 

The only notable thing that's happened recently were leaked images of his "prequel" (Archie Sonic but with a Lara Su connection added at the end) and him announcing his plans to release NFTs.

• Absolutely 2

12 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

The only notable thing that's happened recently were leaked images of his "prequel" (Archie Sonic but with a Lara Su connection added at the end) and him announcing his plans to release NFTs.

Oh God, of course he went the NFT route. Makes sense no one would genuinely ever buy anything related to this hot mess.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

It's been like over 10 years now and Penders still hasn't released this comic?

11 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

And its ugly as sin yet again.

Oh, and he's apparently still on the NFT train, despite their waning power and reputation as it were.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm pretty sure that art is stuff he's had done for years.

Yeah, it looked like a story panel, but with reused/mirrored artwork. Maybe I should have put quotation marks on the "sneak peek" term...